Doctors get to work for less pay and less hours in this pandemic...

JackRT

Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Doctors, nurses fighting coronavirus are having pay and benefits impacted as employers lose revenue

looks like some of the companies behind ER doctors and such are cutting back hours and pay....just what the US needs.

Not only are pay and benefits impacted but they are literally risking their lives. About 10% of those who have contracted COVID-19 are the health care workers. This is what happens when medical care becomes a for profit business. The bottom line is that medical care is a human right and profit should not be a consideration at all and neither should the remuneration of the health care workers be threatened.

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟269,140.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Not only are pay and benefits impacted but they are literally risking their lives. About 10% of those who have contracted COVID-19 are the health care workers. This is what happens when medical care becomes a for profit business. The bottom line is that medical care is a human right and profit should not be a consideration at all and neither should the remuneration of the health care workers be threatened.

oh yeah, this is going to be a interestingf situation, I'm sure many doctors will continue to help, but how many might not because they will leave their families without their loved ones and nothing to show for it, heck not even making enough to pay for their funerals I bet for any.

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟318,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
The article does not fit the headline. Medical professionals who are involved in other areas of medicine are losing hours and thus pay. Not those involved in treating Coronavirus cases.

That fits with what I have seen firsthand. I had a long scheduled appointment with my cardiologist when things were just starting to heat up in the U.S. The waiting room was empty. They were cancelling routine appointments for patients older than me and my guess is if my appointment was Thursday instead of Monday mine would have been cancelled.

Then a few days later I badly twisted my knee. about ten days after that I had additional issues and scheduled an appointment. I had decided making sure I did the right things for it would minimize risks. No problem getting an appointment the next day. And since the staff member making the appointment said that my doctor would be in tomorrow when I called I have a feeling if I had called the next day then a same day appointment would not have been a problem.

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟269,140.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The article does not fit the headline. Medical professionals who are involved in other areas of medicine are losing hours and thus pay. Not those involved in treating Coronavirus cases.

That fits with what I have seen firsthand. I had a long scheduled appointment with my cardiologist when things were just starting to heat up in the U.S. The waiting room was empty. They were cancelling routine appointments for patients older than me and my guess is if my appointment was Thursday instead of Monday mine would have been cancelled.

Then a few days later I badly twisted my knee. about ten days after that I had additional issues and scheduled an appointment. I had decided making sure I did the right things for it would minimize risks. No problem getting an appointment the next day. And since the staff member making the appointment said that my doctor would be in tomorrow when I called I have a feeling if I had called the next day then a same day appointment would not have been a problem.

hmmmm the previous artcle I looked at mentioned it was ER doctors being cut back, good to know if you are right.

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟318,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
hmmmm the previous artcle I looked at mentioned it was ER doctors being cut back, good to know if you are right.

Mind citing where it says that. Saying that a company that hires ER doctors is cutting back on the hours of some employees is not the same as saying that they are cutting benefits to those actively fighting Coronavirus cases. I imagine that in some cases ER doctors might be losing hours. There are some nasty areas where the ER doctors are quite expert in gunshot wounds and other human inflicted injuries. Those ERs might be getting less business these days.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Hopefully the one good thing that might come out of this pandemic is a canning of the our outdated and immoral health care system. Just as there came a time for government to cover public education the time has come for government to handle medical care. Let's try to get at least in the 20th century.

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟269,140.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Mind citing where it says that. Saying that a company that hires ER doctors is cutting back on the hours of some employees is not the same as saying that they are cutting benefits to those actively fighting Coronavirus cases. I imagine that in some cases ER doctors might be losing hours. There are some nasty areas where the ER doctors are quite expert in gunshot wounds and other human inflicted injuries. Those ERs might be getting less business these days.

hmmmm it's still a bad idea, thats based around current figures, as this is going to only get worse....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums