Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
A team of researchers at Monash University in Melbourne, Australia, has built a bionic device that they say can restore vision to the blind through a brain implant.

The team is now preparing for what they claim will be the world’s first human clinical trials of a bionic eye — and are asking for additional funding to eventually manufacture it on a global scale.

Doctors are preparing to implant the world's first human bionic eye

• Informative
Reactions: jacks

nonaeroterraqueous

Nonexistent Member
Aug 16, 2014
✟188,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
The tests on that technique didn't pan out very well. The patients were disappointed by the results, and it didn't help them navigate or interact with their surroundings any better. It wasn't worth the trouble, especially considering the risks involved in breaching the skin barrier all the way to the brain; the risk of infection almost prevented the researchers from being allowed to even test it.

I wouldn't recommend this to anyone.

Upvote 0

KC Badger

Jan 30, 2021
Kcmo
✟15,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
A team of researchers at Monash University in Melbourne, Australia, has built a bionic device that they say can restore vision to the blind through a brain implant.

The team is now preparing for what they claim will be the world’s first human clinical trials of a bionic eye — and are asking for additional funding to eventually manufacture it on a global scale.

Doctors are preparing to implant the world's first human bionic eye[
Dr. Christine Pierce From the Kansas City VA hospital put an implant in my brain that can read my thoughts it is scary stuff when you know if they can read your thoughts and talk to you through your mind when is being done at the Kansas city VA.

Upvote 0