Doctor Who - What has happened to this series?

alertandawake

Aug 20, 2017
Sydney
✟56,270.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thing is, no matter who they get or who returns, unless the writing quality picks up, I can just see the show being flushed more and more down into the toilet.

To be honest I have become so sick and tired of all these political agendas coming into TV shows. It is a reason I tend to avoid alot of modern TV, and entertainment in general.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,516.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As someone who would probably be labelled as "fringe woke", that is not the problem with Doctor Who... it's just bad writing and bad storytelling.

Jodie Whittaker's performance and character was fun and would have been a fine Doctor if she'd had better writing to work with.

Even Peter Capaldi couldn't elevate his material to the level of lesser actors in the Doctor Who past.

I agree. I was set to enjoy an older doctor when Capaldi took over, but he quickly bored me with what was apparently endless remorse over the having been the 10th and 11th Doctors.

I could have liked the 12th Doctor, but they made her stories too small. And I was annoyed that they killed off the woman that would have been an excellent companion (kind an older Martha Jones) and replaced her with an angsty set of duds.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,281.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Just watched a promotional trailer with Doctor NCUTI Who and his new young companion and was reminded why actors are actors. When they stand alone as themselves they become so shallow and flitty. Looking forward to the future though as seeing them not as themselves.

Upvote 0