• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Doctor Appointment-First one really since it happened...

STAYING_STRONG4HIM

Please be patient, God isn't finished with me yet.
Apr 25, 2009
somewhere, nowhere, everywhere
✟8,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It was really awful. It hurt. I cried through the whole thing. I had flashbacks, and then I found out I have something wrong with me down there because of what he did. So I'm really not doing so well right now.

Upvote 0

Butterfly

Tins the Chocoholic
Apr 4, 2004
Hugging a cat and eating chocolate
✟105,120.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Hon, I am so, so proud of you for sticking with your guns and getting through your appointment. I know it was really, really hard and overwhelming for you, but you made it through. I'm sorry you have something wrong down there, that sucks, but keep your head up...at least you know now some more about yourself, and how you can start healing physically as well as emotionally from this. I know you're not doing very well, but you should be very very proud of yourself for getting through the appointment.

Upvote 0

STAYING_STRONG4HIM

Apr 25, 2009
✟8,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It was hard for me. I don't like the Doctors as it is, but after being raped, its much much worse. Especially to be touched. I did make it through though, and I think that was a great accomplishment for me.

Upvote 0

bubblefish

used to be cat_goes_meow
Oct 23, 2004
Australia
✟34,317.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I can understand that.. But well done for going and getting through it! A lot of people don't even make it there :hug: I am so sorry that you are going through this now and the issues that the abuse caused :(

If you ever want to talk Hun, please let me know.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

STAYING_STRONG4HIM

Apr 25, 2009
✟8,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I wouldn't have gone if my mother didn't literally make me. I was so nervous and scared. It's so much to have to deal with this right now.

I would lovve to talk. I have to see my T today, and I feel kind of anxious about it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

3M0_Girl

The scars Lie deep...but now God is deeper...
May 17, 2010
A small place called... Planet earth...
✟7,909.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't know about getting another therapist. Thank you for praying for me Ashley. I'm not always sure that I will get thru all this fine.

That's understandable...
-hugs- still gonna keep praying for you tho :)

Upvote 0