• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Doctor Appointment-First one really since it happened...

STAYING_STRONG4HIM

Please be patient, God isn't finished with me yet.
Apr 25, 2009
somewhere, nowhere, everywhere
✟8,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hey,
I wanted to let you all know, that I need some support especially these next coming weeks because I am going to go to the doctor. I have not been checked out by the doctor since I was raped. So it's really going to be tough for me. The problem I'm having is that my doctor does not do these sort of "tests" because she is a pediatric doctor. So my mom is either going to have me go to her doctor or she is going to find me an obgyn, which having no experience with an obgyn or my mother's doctor scares me a bit. It's going to be a little bit more stressful than I had initially thought. So I would really appreciate your prayers this week. I'll keep ya'll updated through out the week.

bubblefish

used to be cat_goes_meow
Oct 23, 2004
Australia
✟34,317.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hun, that is one of the hardest things to do and while it is terrifying at the time I am sure it will be alright :hug: You can get through it.

Any doctor you see should do everything they can to make you comfortable, especially due to the circumstances. And always remember that if at any time you feel too uncomfortable you can always ask them to stop. It might also help to have your mum or someone you trust with you to support you as well.

Upvote 0

Criada

Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2007
✟114,628.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I am scared to death. I know I'll get through it but still. Thanks for keeping me in your prayers. The fact is though I'm never going to be comfortable with someone touching me down there.

I don't think any of us are, sweetie! It's worse for those of us who have been abused, but I think all women are uncomfortable with it.

Praying, sweetie :hug:

Upvote 0

STAYING_STRONG4HIM

Apr 25, 2009
✟8,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My therapist taught me a new breathing technique, and hopefully I can get pretty good at this technique before my appointment to help with some of the anxiety. If somehow I can keep myself in the room during the appointment, and remember that it isn't happening again, I think I'll be fine.

Upvote 0

STAYING_STRONG4HIM

Apr 25, 2009
✟8,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The appointment is May 21. I know that's like a month away, but that's the soonest I was able to get in. This will give me some time to prepare emotionally for this though. Hopefully. I'm trying to keep my anxiety down as much as I can until the appointment.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Butterfly

Tins the Chocoholic
Apr 4, 2004
Hugging a cat and eating chocolate
✟105,220.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Hon, I am so proud of you, and I know you are going to get through the appointment, just like you have everything else. The important thing is to remember that you survived the rape, and that everything from here on out is the healing from that. But you survived that, which means that you are strong, and that there is a reason for you to still be here. Hold tight on to that, and don't let go of it. You're young and you have a whole life ahead of you, and I am so proud of you for making these steps to work on your healing. It WILL be worth it, and you will continue to heal. Keep your head up, and remember...

Keep breathing. And, you are beautiful. And, God loves you.

*hugs*

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Butterfly

Tins the Chocoholic
Apr 4, 2004
Hugging a cat and eating chocolate
✟105,220.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
You are going to get through this just fine hun. You have made it this far already. Just like everyone else said, practice your breathing and try to find ways to relax yourself and pamper yourself before you go. This is just one more step closer to being healed, and to getting yourself back to as much normalcy as possible. *hugs* still thinking about and praying for you always hun. Hang in there. You lived through the rape, through these last 10 months, you will live through this week because you are strong and you can do it!

Upvote 0

STAYING_STRONG4HIM

Apr 25, 2009
✟8,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The doctor appointment is Friday. I'm trying to relax and not think about it much, but it's hard. I held one of the babies from church yesterday for a couple hours, and it just reminded me that I could be a mother at my age. I know I'm probably not pregnant, but just seeing how close I came to it, its scary. I will make it through this week but I could really use a lot of prayer right now.

Upvote 0