• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Doctor Appointment-First one really since it happened...

brandon.j

The Pro Security/Network Eng become Psych Major
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
✟7,634.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
You're doing very well facing what you have. I know it's difficult and I know therapy can be difficult. A therapist will bring up painful things, but as unpleasant as it is they are doing it to help you. It takes time to heal and you're being very brave in opening up and posting your experience here. There are a lot of victims who can't even do that. Please stick with it no matter how unpleasant it gets because after you got through to the other side you'll look back and be grateful you did.

You'll be in my prayers, God Bless

Last edited:
Upvote 0

STAYING_STRONG4HIM

Please be patient, God isn't finished with me yet.
Apr 25, 2009
somewhere, nowhere, everywhere
✟8,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
ItSIt hurts and I'm filled with questions that no one can answer. I just want to be able to live like everyone else. Instead I face flashbacks, nightmares, and panic attacks. There are times when I wish the guy who raped me just killed me too because what I'm going thru right now is awful.

Upvote 0

Angeldove97

I trust in You
Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2004
Indiana
✟143,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sweetie, I was raped almost 6 years ago. I still have questions, I still have fears, I still feel awful sometimes. I have grown in leaps and bounds since that day. It took me a few years just to get back on my feet, but I did it-- through the grace of God, I was able to heal and move on and be able to love a very special Christian Brother.

You know what the big breakthrough for me was? Just be able to admit it and talk about it. It helped me to realize that yes it did happen, it was not my fault, and I was so much stronger than to just give up on myself. But yes it takes time and it takes a lot of effort.

I know it will take more time than just these 6 years, but I am so much more than just a survivor of rape. Soon I'll be getting engaged and I'll have the joy of planning a wedding with my family and I just love what God has helped me to become.

Take it one day at a time and don't get discouraged with taking baby steps. If you're scared about something, acknowledge it and then praise yourself for getting through it.

Let me know if you'd like to chat--- just send me a pm. Your in my thoughts and prayers :hug: :)

Upvote 0

Johnnz

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2004
New Zealand
✟74,521.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I would love to say that 'poof' and all the pain goes. But that doesn't happen. Why? Because that experience is etched with your memories. That's what happens to humans - we remember things and they can get planted into our very being. That's why healing is a process.

That's also why having caring, supportive people around you is so helpful during the healing process with all its bad times.

John
NZ

Upvote 0