Do you wish to know God? then know yourself first.

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
That would ring more true to me the other way around. Ihave no idea who I am or would be without knowing God besides lost.
I can see what you're saying and many would agree with you. I'm not sure. I was just quoting from the film. Maybe it is a bit of both.
I've found that a little self-awareness has helped me in my faith journey back to God. But then God is now giving me, more self-awareness to understand myself and Him better. In other words receiving grace.

Upvote 0

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
It might be relevant to mention Augustine's 'Confessions' here. He shows his self-awareness through repentance. The more we are prepared to admit to ourselves, that our life and attitude are skewed, the sooner we can get back in touch with God. We need to spend time alone. But of course that 'alone" time is actually with God, not without Him.

• Agree
Reactions: SkyWriting
Upvote 0

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
I was under the impression that God has promised that we aren't ever alone. :scratch:
I think what that quote means is, if you seek to cure your loneliness from other human beings, you will never feel totally at peace.

Upvote 0