Do you want Trump to be able to finish his term in office? POLL

Yes to be able to finish his term

• No get him out of there ASAP

Votes: 21 29.6%
  • Succeed in this one and a second term

Votes: 44 62.0%
  • Finish this term only and then please ((out))

Votes: 6 8.5%

• Total voters

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Although rough-around-the-edges my hopes are that Trump can finish this term and have a second. Don't laugh --maybe he is lacking in some areas but, overall the Country seems to be heading in a good direction.

Please feel free to answer the poll question asked and explain why.

A blessed day wished for all from up top the mountain.
M-Bob

Last edited:

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟687,067.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
while I don't like his Syrian policy, at all, at all and thats being nice about it, he is doing everything (else) I wanted from him as president... I'm happy with the job he's doing (taxes, trade, etc.) and I would vote for him again.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I won't commit to a second term. It is too early for that and I don't know what other alternatives might be available. But I certainly find his actions on policy have been more positive than negative up to this point. I can find no reason whatsoever for him not to continue in office for the remainder of his term.

Upvote 0

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟335,032.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I think President Trump is deeply unqualified to be president. But in a democracy, the way to correct such a situation is through the electoral process. He should finish his term, and then be replaced by someone more qualified at the next election. (Note that the replacement could be a mainstream Republican who successfully challenges him in the Republican primary. At this point, I'm more interested in electing a stable person with a good resume, than I am in having a president of my own party.)

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟818,615.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Last edited:
Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think President Trump is deeply unqualified to be president. But in a democracy, the way to correct such a situation is through the electoral process. He should finish his term, and then be replaced by someone more qualified at the next election. (Note that the replacement could be a mainstream Republican who successfully challenges him in the Republican primary. At this point, I'm more interested in electing a stable person with a good resume, than I am in having a president of my own party.)

If Trump could win the Republican nomination in 2016 , there is no reason some other Republican could not win that party's nomination in 2020. Of course there is no reason to assume that any person winning a party nomination would necessarily be an improvement over Trump and there is always the distinct possibility that such a person would be a worse President, even should that person be a better human being. Stable people, with or without good resumes( I would be interested to know what you think a good resume for the position of President would contain) don't often win party political nominations. Stable people are not likely to want to become President. As for qualifications there are very few. Must be a citizen and at least 35 years of age. So Trump was and remains qualified.

• Informative
Reactions: Willie T
Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Although rough-around-the-edges my hopes are that Trump can finish this term and have a second. Don't laugh --maybe he is lacking in some areas but, overall the Country seems to be heading in a good direction.

Please feel free to answer the poll question asked and explain why.

A blessed day wished for all from up top the mountain.
M-Bob
I knew he was in his third marriage and one of his wives had accused him of rape. When the Access Hollywood tape surfaced, I knew he was sexually immoral and unstable. His staff is trying to keep him in line with great difficulty and at risk of losing their jobs. At this point I do not trust him and could support him for a second term. I do not have enough votes to impeach him.

Nixon tried tariffs. He alienated some of your allies. We got years of high inflation from his presidency until the early 80's.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟818,615.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
If Trump could win the Republican nomination in 2016 , there is no reason some other Republican could not win that party's nomination in 2020. Of course there is no reason to assume that any person winning a party nomination would necessarily be an improvement over Trump and there is always the distinct possibility that such a person would be a worse President, even should that person be a better human being. Stable people, with or without good resumes( I would be interested to know what you think a good resume for the position of President would contain) don't often win party political nominations. Stable people are not likely to want to become President. As for qualifications there are very few. Must be a citizen and at least 35 years of age. So Trump was and remains qualified.
It is sad that his only qualifications are being born a citizen and of age.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And??? A minority of the people elected an idiot.

Every President of the US in my lifetime has been elected by a minority of eligible voters. More than two by a minority of those that actually cast votes. Are you proposing that an even smaller minority of people should be able to overturn the results of a completely legal election? BTW I believe that calling someone an idiot is not allowed under the CF flaming guidelines.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It is sad that his only qualifications are being born a citizen and of age.

Why? Those are the qualifications. All the others also met those qualifications and I don't find it sad that those were the only ones they had.

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟289,235.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I haven't seen any concrete reason presented yet why he shouldn't be allowed to finish his current term (though it is possible that some may be forthcoming). As to what could or should come next, that depends entirely on the character of the candidates that are put up against him for his second term.

• Agree
Reactions: Erik Nelson
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,342,946.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Oh yes, and a second term too, please :). He's doing the right thing on taxes, trade and foreign policy (DPRK, Iran, etc.).

Indeed he is, against all kinds of odds and attacked on every side, as a ship on a very stormy sea, arrows comin' at him from ev'ry direction. God HELP us.

"Behold, they shall surely gather together, but not by me: whosoever shall gather together against thee shall fall for thy sake." ~Isaiah 54:15

"No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord." ~Isaiah 54:17

Praying this (you BET'CHA i'm praying...God HELP us):

Steady as she goes.

Stay the course, Mr. President.

Praying.

3328.gif

189683_6f050e3333e9a9c45fda9326ca826904.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

grasping the after wind

Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I haven't seen any concrete reason presented yet why he shouldn't be allowed to finish his current term (though it is possible that some may be forthcoming). As to what could or should come next, that depends entirely on the character of the candidates that are put up against him for his second term.

If he runs for a second term. Nothing in the future is known before it happens. As for the character of those that might be available in the 2020 field, I find myself skeptical that there will be any paragons but maybe the process will be miraculously changed in order to elect the polar opposite of what we are used to?

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟818,615.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Every President of the US in my lifetime has been elected by a minority of eligible voters.
And???
Are you proposing that an even smaller minority of people should be able to overturn the results of a completely legal election?
It wouldn't be a minority. It would take a 2/3's super majority vote from the Senate to remove him from office.
BTW I believe that calling someone an idiot is not allowed under the CF flaming guidelines.
I believe that flaming would be one member against another.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟818,615.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Why? Those are the qualifications. All the others also met those qualifications and I don't find it sad that those were the only ones they had.
One would like to think that the leader of a nation had some qualifications other than age and being born a citizen. But then the same document which gave those two items also gave several for how to remove an unqualified person.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,342,946.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
And???

It wouldn't be a minority. It would take a 2/3's super majority vote from the Senate to remove him from office.

It applies to those in office and government as well, according to the TOS of CF.

• Agree
Reactions: nChrist
Upvote 0