The Tropics
✟109,434.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm on the fence and have been for the past five years or so now. I know that I'm perfectly content being childless at the age I am now and can honestly say that I can see myself still content this way another five years from now.

I like children just fine. And I do like the prospect of being a mother (to my own biological children, not someone else's)...just not for some time. Could this feeling change? Absolutely. But for now I'm happy with how things are.

Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
nope, I won't give into the temptation of one of the best things this life has to offer. i'm really scared I would want them if I had the opportunity but I don't want my life to be about such things.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Far Side Of the Moon

" The moon is high& the stars are aligned" :)
Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Heck no. I'd make a better uncle than a father. Even if I did, this day and age is a terrible time to raise kids.
I agree. This world is pretty cold and cruel..I would be a basket case if something happens to my kid. Anyway my answer is no, I have 2 younger brothers and I was able to remember how it was like when they were babies and able to help my mom take care of them. I remember holding my brother and walking with him back and forth telling him a story until he stopped crying... Man I remember when he was trying to hold his head up ...and now he's 10.

There's Defintely beautiful moments when it comes to having kids but Idk if I can deal with the moments outside of the Kodak picture perfect expectation of having kids.
I love my freedom...but at the same time if it happened...I wouldn't be mad at all, I would be happy they're here...and I would know exactly what I want to instill in them and how to raise them...and I have a lot of love to give so they'll be well care for and deeply loved.
So if they come, they're welcomed and loved...if not that's fine too because kids are extremely expensive and I don't have to worry about puberty and them thinking they're grown when they're not lol and I don't have the burden of worrying endlessly about them..

So either way ill be okay.

Upvote 0

Waddler

Live a story worth telling well.
Jul 19, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
✟27,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'd never go that far. I just figure I'm unlikely to have a relationship of any kind, so no children for me.
I won't go that far until I'm engaged, and my future wife and I have had a chance to talk it over. Unless my mind was changed, I'd get the procedure done well in advance of the wedding, so we wouldn't come back from our honeymoon with any new surprises.

I'm open to changing my mind about children, and if God wants me to have them, I will. But as of right now, I don't see myself as a father. There's a high risk of my children inheriting some of my medical issues, and I don't want that.

Upvote 0

leothelioness

Apr 4, 2006
Southern US
✟112,055.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I absolutely love children and would love to have some of my own, but since I no longer plan to ever get married I will have to be okay with never having any. I'll just shower all that love on all the precious babies I see so often.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Far Side Of the Moon

" The moon is high& the stars are aligned" :)
Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
yes and no, too early to tell...if i do have kids i would want 2 (girl and a boy) or 4 (2 boys and 2 girls). I'll most likely homeschool them.
yah if I have kids I would want one girl and one boy and that's it.

• Friendly
Reactions: NurseAbigail
Upvote 0

JeffofGallifrey

Dec 26, 2015
USA
✟20,065.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would like kids, but I spent enough time raising my cousins/siblings that I'm not in a big hurry. I probably can't have biological kids.

As for my girlfriend, she LOVES kids and she definitely can't have biological kids. So I figure we'll make great foster parents in another 10 years. We've already talked about things we want to do when we have kids around - animals, gardening, maybe homeschooling, having adoption parties, etc.

Reactions: SarahsKnight
Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
I have two. I will keep them both. It wasn't easy but they are the best thing about my life and the reason I get up every morning. I am looking forward to the next stage which is grandchildren but not quite yet since both kids are still in college.

Upvote 0