Do you vaccinate?

Do you vaccinate your children?

• Yes, anything the CDC recommends.

• No, none of them.

• I delay or selectively vaccinate

• Other (explain please!)

Results are only viewable after voting.

jgonz

What G-d calls you to do, He equips you to do.
Feb 11, 2005
El Paso, TX
✟20,780.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I put that I delay or selectively vax~ but we're really a mixed bag. lol

My oldest kids (27, 25 20, 18) got everything they were "supposed" to, but that was back when there were more than half as many vaccinations. My 15 yr old had a horrible reaction to his 2 mos shots and nearly died, so he didn't get everything he was "supposed" to after that... I started researching and realized this wasn't something to blindly put my faith in conventional medicine. So, my 11, 9, and 7 yr olds got a few, but we were Very selective and delayed a lot. My 20 mos old hasn't gotten anything yet. I haven't decided whether to do any for him or not.

Upvote 0

HeKnowsMyName

Legend
Site Supporter
Feb 23, 2006
Jawja!
✟69,974.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Tell me this - if you decide not to vax, how do you get them in school? DH doesn't want to get our DS any more shots (he is up to date at 3.5) but I'm pretty sure he will still need the chicken pox shot before he gets in school. What do we do about that?

DD has had all of hers. I will not get her to get the cervical cancer one when she's of age though.

Upvote 0

tessas212

Dog Behavior Consultant
Jul 16, 2006
Ohio
✟9,317.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Tell me this - if you decide not to vax, how do you get them in school? DH doesn't want to get our DS any more shots (he is up to date at 3.5) but I'm pretty sure he will still need the chicken pox shot before he gets in school. What do we do about that?

DD has had all of hers. I will not get her to get the cervical cancer one when she's of age though.

It depends on the state. Look up your state's laws on vaccinations. Most states have a medical and religious exemptions. Some have philosophical exemptions as well.

We're supposed to show proof of vaccination at our next WIC appointment, and I'm just bringing in a letter explaining that it is against our religious and philosophical beliefs, and that will be the end of that. All public schools must also accept exemptions according to the state's laws.

Upvote 0

heart of peace

Aug 12, 2015
✟10,802.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Delay vax here, my son is nearly 5 and is up to date but he was waaaay behind the CDC schedule at 1 yr. He was home with me, breastfed until 4 yrs of age and we continue to do well baby/child visits so I didn't feel a pressing need to get all those shots in within the timeframe the CDC provides.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Dec 17, 2009
USA
✟15,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
A child in my church was never immunized because her parents were worried about the immunizations. She caught Pertusis--Whooping Cough. This child infected myself and another older woman at our church. I almost died from catching this child's disease. I spent 2 weeks in a hospital. I lost 4 months of employment. The older woman also became severely ill. She lost about 30 pounds and it probably contributed to her death six months later. I wished the parents of this child had worried about the lives of other people. They were very, very selfish.

Realize that 8% of people that have been immunized (given the vaccine) do not developed an immunity. If your child becomes ill because you didn't vaccinate them, they can "kill" or harm many with their infection.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟959,493.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
For our younger ones, we got every ethical vaccine we could. We delayed (and spread out) any that contained thimerosal, just to be on the safe side (we have two with lower-functioning autism). We will get caught up, if and when ethical alternatives become available.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TCat

Daily surrender
Mar 23, 2007
usa
✟10,087.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yup we vaccinate. I had chicken pox and mumps as a kid and was miserable, I also gave the diseases to my baby sister who was hospitalized because of the illnesses.

You'd better believe I vaccinate my kids. IMO to many parents refuse to vaccinate because of what they've "read" on the internet rather than talk to informed medical professionals with education and resources and knowledge. Those unprotected children then put kids, who may be to young to have developed full immunity, at risk.

Diseases that have been nearly irraddicated are now once again harming children for lack of knowledge and the stupid internet garbage people read and accept as truth.
Oh better not get me started...

I work in the animal side of medicine and see the same thing all the time. Of course the issue there is mainly $ as an excuse not to vaccinate pets then euthanasia when idiot owners realize that lack of care on their part is going to cost them. Not exactly apples to apples I realize but the concept is similar.

Get professional information, weight all the options then accept the realities that your choice may have far reaching concequences for your child and others

Upvote 0

tessas212

Dog Behavior Consultant
Jul 16, 2006
Ohio
✟9,317.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I work in the animal side of medicine as well. ;) And I've done my research, and there are more animals damaged, hurt, and killed by vaccines than you'd think, too. My animals do NOT get yearly vaccines, in fact.. they only get their kitten/puppy vaccs, 1 year vacc, and then never again. You should really read into Dr. Dodds and the Rabies Challenge Fund.

Most people assume that those of us that choose not to vaccinate are just wackos. But most of us have done WAY more research than others. In fact, most parents that berate those that don't vaccinate, have never done any research other than buying into the media propaganda. That is the saddest part. They'll freely insult others, having no true knowledge of their own.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Lena75

Aug 11, 2004
✟21,104.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I vaccinated my premature firstborn up to 18 months and he is now autistic. Long story. I vaccinated my second son and he kept getting bronchiolitis from 6 weeks and older. Doctor informed me that vaccinations can actually make his condition worse, so he had 3 of his shots and that was it. My daughter has never had a vaccination and she's one of the healthiest of all 3. All 3 are now exempted.

I have a sister-in-law who was always up-to-date with all shots and she and her sons still caught whooping cough. Thankfully, we didn't catch that.

Upvote 0

jgonz

What G-d calls you to do, He equips you to do.
Feb 11, 2005
El Paso, TX
✟20,780.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Whooping cough is actually spread far more often by children/adults who Were vacccinated. It's unfortunate, but it does happen, a LOT.

I'm also very tired of people accusing me of being selfish and uneducated... I've educated myself on this subject FAR more than the average mainstream mother has~ to the point that it makes me sick to see how much vaccine damage is created in the name of "good science" and "our best interests". I have also researched how to treat my children if/when they ever get any of these diseases and have that information right where I can find it if we ever need it. The truth is that people get sick and sometimes people die. That is a fact of life. We can't do much of anything to change that... and to assume that a shot is going to save a person's life is rather arrogant, IMO. Science has not made it to God's level and never will.

Ok, I'm off my soapbox.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟959,493.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I accept the basic premise of vaccination on the same level as protective wear for skateboarders and bicyclists. They are generally worthwhile, but, like all medical interventions, carry certain risks of side effects. Last I heard, weighing the risk to children (possible benefit vs. possible medical & ethical side effects) is the parents' responsibility.

You wouldn't make your children wear latex gloves, if they had an allergy to latex. Or gloves made from the skin of murder victims. Otherwise, protective gloves are a good idea, when needed.

Upvote 0

PegasusOnFire

is currently unsupervised...
Jun 25, 2003
Iowa
✟25,153.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
A child in my church was never immunized because her parents were worried about the immunizations. She caught Pertusis--Whooping Cough. This child infected myself and another older woman at our church. I almost died from catching this child's disease. I spent 2 weeks in a hospital. I lost 4 months of employment. The older woman also became severely ill. She lost about 30 pounds and it probably contributed to her death six months later. I wished the parents of this child had worried about the lives of other people. They were very, very selfish.

Realize that 8% of people that have been immunized (given the vaccine) do not developed an immunity. If your child becomes ill because you didn't vaccinate them, they can "kill" or harm many with their infection.

And my child could die from getting some vaccinations(see my above post for explanation)! So I will say that yes I will be selfish, I value the life of my child above others.

Reactions: xDenax
Upvote 0

tessas212

Dog Behavior Consultant
Jul 16, 2006
Ohio
✟9,317.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
There is no such thing as herd immunity when it comes to pertussis, that is for sure.

It's amazing how much people miss, isn't Jan? I have a friend who has completely different parenting style than I do. Of those things, she vaccinates completely on CDC schedule. Her baby has been sick SOOO often - bronchitis, pneumonia (a very bad case of it, in fact), and other things as well. Coincidentally,... all these illnesses, she always came down with very shortly after routine vaccinations... hmmm. My friend didn't connect the dots, but I surely did!!

My 4 month old has only ever had one small cold. My husband got it first, he gave it to me, I gave it to baby. Baby was over before my husband was!! I truly believe he is so healthy because his immune system hasn't been damaged by vaccines, and of course because he's breastfed so was getting protection from me. All the people I know now that have never had vaccines are always healthier than those that have been vaccinated. It just seems so, "Duh!" considering they put immune suppressing toxins in the vaccines.

Reactions: xDenax
Upvote 0