• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Do you use Accountability Software?

Jason Mathew

Mar 25, 2019
ORANGEBURG
✟7,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm conducting some research on how Christians leverage accountability software today to fight addictions (i.e. CovenantEyes), and would love to get your input: Accountability Software Survey v2

This is a completely anonymous survey, with the ultimate goal of helping men and women in their pursuit of holiness and fight against sexual sin.

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟289,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I don't use anything myself and have never used software like that, but I entered SA a number of years ago and I know several of the men in my group use Covenant Eyes or something similar as an extra hedge against slipping into inappropriate content usage on laptops or phones. A lot of SA members stick to dumb-phones as well that have no browser capability so there is no instant access available in a moment of weakness. I'm about 1 year and 1/2 clean off of inappropriate contentography and so much more at peace with myself and God; I don't want to give that up.

Upvote 0

Jason Mathew

Mar 25, 2019
ORANGEBURG
✟7,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't use anything myself and have never used software like that, but I entered SA a number of years ago and I know several of the men in my group use Covenant Eyes or something similar as an extra hedge against slipping into inappropriate content usage on laptops or phones. A lot of SA members stick to dumb-phones as well that have no browser capability so there is no instant access available in a moment of weakness. I'm about 1 year and 1/2 clean off of inappropriate contentography and so much more at peace with myself and God; I don't want to give that up.

Praise God! I am still working through my struggle, and know that He will continue to work in me. Would you mind sharing this survey with the guys from SA, and those who you know use the software? I could really use their input Accountability Software Survey v2

Upvote 0

Charlie84

Jun 5, 2019
Auckland
✟8,113.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Jason,

I just completed your survey and the app I am currently using (Brainbuddy) does this already. It has an internet filter built in that blocks inappropriate content very well, has good scripture quotes that keep me motivated, etc, so I don't need another app for my phone.

However, can you please build some software for my Mac to help with this? For years I have used K9 and it used to be amazing but it has just been discontinued and is starting to become ineffective.

Please let me know! I would love to beta test for you.

Upvote 0

Jason Mathew

Mar 25, 2019
ORANGEBURG
✟7,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi Jason,

I just completed your survey and the app I am currently using (Brainbuddy) does this already. It has an internet filter built in that blocks inappropriate content very well, has good scripture quotes that keep me motivated, etc, so I don't need another app for my phone.

However, can you please build some software for my Mac to help with this? For years I have used K9 and it used to be amazing but it has just been discontinued and is starting to become ineffective.

Please let me know! I would love to beta test for you.

Hi Charlie!

Thanks so much for taking my survey, sincerely appreciate your insight. You're honestly the first person I've heard mention Brainbuddy as an accountability app, but I'm glad to hear that it's working well.

The accountability platform that I'm building is, in fact, multi-device and provides an interconnected experienced for its users. You could sign up for the waiting list here: LeadMeNot

I'd love your feedback on the site, as far as the message and vision is concerned; is this something that seems valuable to you? If no, why not? Thanks a lot, Charlie.

Upvote 0