Wales
✟23,438.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
While not all politicians are untrustworthy; I have to say that sadly those who are in power are sadly lacking in morals and integrity compared to scripture and the Lord.

This latest story of Maria Miller? has only highlighted how little these people think of ripping the tax-payers off and scrounging all they can while in a position of authority. As bad as those scroungers who sponge off the state when they are capable of work.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

theFijian

Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2003
West of Scotland
Visit site
✟63,625.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
The lie as in untruth. You might have noticed that it is the basis of every electoral campaign manifesto until formal election. Thereafter the mandate gives a blank cheque to do what the new government wants.

No government has a blank cheque

Upvote 0

AndrewZinc

Oct 1, 2011
Glasgow, Scotland, UK
✟15,526.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Generally I trust MPs to do their job. They are accountable - as we can see, those who misbehave face consequences.

I do feel that accountability has a downside in that they have to make decisions that please the electorate, regardless as to whether such a policy is good for the country. The electorate do not always know what is good for them.

I suppose benign dictatorship or monarchy would have to be the alternative but then as we see from Israel's history, an evil ruler leads the whole country astray.

Upvote 0

Jonathan Jarvis

Quoth The Raven
Mar 24, 2013
Chesterfield
Visit site
✟16,064.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
One way to make MP's more accountable would be by making them subject to recall by their electorate. Say 2000 / 20% votes as the trigger.

Another way would be to make them legally accountable for misleading the public (not parliament), with sanctions from the courts.

Upvote 0

Corduroys

I like chips
Feb 15, 2014
✟15,240.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I trust them to be so concerned about securing their next election that they might be a bit optimistic about what they can offer.

I trust them to pay attention to big money and business.

I don't really trust them to put us first or to put their principles first, I voted no, but I am not really bitter about it, that is just the way the world is.

I hope that while they are dealing with the powers of the world some might have the moral strength to implement a few good policies and make changes which will benefit the poor and disadvantaged.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Optimus Fortis

N°6
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2011
UK
✟35,817.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Many politicians are in league with owl men. And the alien nephilim conspiracy.

Most Christians in the UK are from churches that appeared during or after the Enlightenment and are therefore given to systematic, scientific reasoning of the Bible, so their eyes are wide shut. Therefore, your comment would be lost on them.

I just need to write 'Jimmy Savile'.

Upvote 0

Optimus Fortis

N°6
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2011
UK
✟35,817.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I voted yes - I do trust all politicians - as far as I could throw one of them. I agree with Britney Spears - we should trust our leader - George (w) Bush. Oh yeah - and Tony Blair as well.

That is so ironic, I want to commend your subtle and dry humour.

Upvote 0

contango

...and you shall live...
Jul 9, 2010
Sometimes here, sometimes there
✟16,996.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you trust MPs in this country?

I trust them to feather their own nests, break any promise that becomes inconvenient to them, and pretend to represent me while doing anything but.

I used to quite like political jokes, but these days I don't like them any more. Not least because they keep getting elected.

I'd like to make my MP work. So I won't re-elect him.

Upvote 0