Do you think we meet people for a reason?

Far Side Of the Moon

" The moon is high& the stars are aligned" :)
Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Yup.I believe we meet people and are friends with them for a reason,and also lose friends for a reason too.
Yes I totally understand and I agree. Some are here for a season and others are entire lives. Those here for short bursts are there to teach us something.

Upvote 0

Dr Bruce Atkinson

Supporter
Site Supporter
Feb 19, 2013
Atlanta, GA
✟65,538.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
if these people can't except you for who you are then they actually are NOT your friends.
I am not the spelling police, but you meant "accept" (not except) I am quite sure.

There are 'exceptions' to your rule. Some people are so hateful and offensive that almost no one can easily accept them. They push people away and thus have few friends.

Upvote 0

Dr Bruce Atkinson

Supporter
Site Supporter
Feb 19, 2013
Atlanta, GA
✟65,538.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Reason, Season, or Lifetime

People come into your life for a reason, a season or a lifetime.
When you figure out which one it is,
you will know what to do for each person.

When someone is in your life for a REASON,
it is usually to meet a need you have expressed.
They have come to assist you through a difficulty;
to provide you with guidance and support;
to aid you physically, emotionally or spiritually.
They may seem like a godsend, and they are.
They are there for the reason you need them to be.

Then, without any wrongdoing on your part or at an inconvenient time,
this person will say or do something to bring the relationship to an end.
Sometimes they die. Sometimes they walk away.
Sometimes they act up and force you to take a stand.
What we must realize is that our need has been met, our desire fulfilled; their work is done.
The prayer you sent up has been answered and now it is time to move on.

Some people come into your life for a SEASON,
because your turn has come to share, grow or learn.
They bring you an experience of peace or make you laugh.
They may teach you something you have never done.
They usually give you an unbelievable amount of joy.
Believe it. It is real. But only for a season.

LIFETIME relationships teach you lifetime lessons;
things you must build upon in order to have a solid emotional foundation.
Your job is to accept the lesson, love the person,
and put what you have learned to use in all other relationships and areas of your life.
It is said that love is blind but friendship is clairvoyant.

— Unknown

Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Reason, Season, or Lifetime

People come into your life for a reason, a season or a lifetime.
When you figure out which one it is,
you will know what to do for each person.

When someone is in your life for a REASON,
it is usually to meet a need you have expressed.
They have come to assist you through a difficulty;
to provide you with guidance and support;
to aid you physically, emotionally or spiritually.
They may seem like a godsend, and they are.
They are there for the reason you need them to be.

Then, without any wrongdoing on your part or at an inconvenient time,
this person will say or do something to bring the relationship to an end.
Sometimes they die. Sometimes they walk away.

Sometimes they act up and force you to take a stand.
What we must realize is that our need has been met, our desire fulfilled; their work is done.
The prayer you sent up has been answered and now it is time to move on.

Some people come into your life for a SEASON,
because your turn has come to share, grow or learn.
They bring you an experience of peace or make you laugh.
They may teach you something you have never done.
They usually give you an unbelievable amount of joy.
Believe it. It is real. But only for a season.

LIFETIME relationships teach you lifetime lessons;
things you must build upon in order to have a solid emotional foundation.
Your job is to accept the lesson, love the person,
and put what you have learned to use in all other relationships and areas of your life.
It is said that love is blind but friendship is clairvoyant.

— Unknown

What I've bolded I experienced personally..but it wasn't me who needed help...it was him. He was terribly anxious and depressed ..drinking... Wasn't in school...for the short amount of time I was with him I nudged him to go back to school then shortly after things got ugly and we broke it off...

I wondered why it ended that way...then I had a dream, we were old friends again..and I dreamt he met a woman of god ..and I knew her from another Christian forum and in the dream I told him everything that's in her will be in you... Then I woke up. If that happens it'll make sense..because shell be able to help him with everything he was struggling with since she not only went through it first but God brought her through the other side stronger... I wasn't a strong Christian for him back then...but (if it happens) she will help him in more ways then I ever get it....so I understand.

Now these current friends I have, they were defintely what I asked for and hoped for all my life since I was such a loner and socially awkward growing up , and they came at the right time..during the most difficult time...when I was living in a hotel for 3 years, when my pastor mistreated me, and I was struggling in college... They've defintely helped me in more ways then one.

I can say the same for my pastor, they taught me well and all I needed to know... It was just time to move on.

Its amazing to be able to put relationships in perspective and see the deeper meaning...the role they play and what God intended for them to do in your lives... Its good when your perceptive enough to pick up on that.

Thank you for that comment , thanks for reminding me.

Reactions: ToBeLoved
Upvote 0

Dr Bruce Atkinson

Supporter
Site Supporter
Feb 19, 2013
Atlanta, GA
✟65,538.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What I've bolded I experienced personally..but it wasn't me who needed help...it was him. He was terribly anxious and depressed ..drinking... Wasn't in school...for the short amount of time I was with him I nudged him to go back to school then shortly after things got ugly and we broke it off...

I wondered why it ended that way...then I had a dream, we were old friends again..and I dreamt he met a woman of god ..and I knew her from another Christian forum and in the dream I told him everything that's in her will be in you... Then I woke up. If that happens it'll make sense..because shell be able to help him with everything he was struggling with since she not only went through it first but God brought her through the other side stronger... I wasn't a strong Christian for him back then...but (if it happens) she will help him in more ways then I ever get it....so I understand.

Now these current friends I have, they were defintely what I asked for and hoped for all my life since I was such a loner and socially awkward growing up , and they came at the right time..during the most difficult time...when I was living in a hotel for 3 years, when my pastor mistreated me, and I was struggling in college... They've defintely helped me in more ways then one.

I can say the same for my pastor, they taught me well and all I needed to know... It was just time to move on.

Its amazing to be able to put relationships in perspective and see the deeper meaning...the role they play and what God intended for them to do in your lives... Its good when your perceptive enough to pick up on that.

Thank you for that comment , thanks for reminding me.

You are very welcome! And I pray for continued blessings for you.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I wasn't a strong Christian for him back then...but (if it happens) she will help him in more ways then I ever get it....so I understand.
You can become that strong godly Christian woman . . . for whomever God has you help.

You might feed on 1 Peter 3:1-4, how Christians ladies can help any disobedient husband. I think this is how you can help any other person > by our example, and being gentle and quiet in God's love, so this spreads to help others to have what you have in His love.

Upvote 0

sunshineforJesus

is so in love with God
Feb 19, 2014
Sterling Ct
✟716,814.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Yes I totally understand and I agree. Some are here for a season and others are entire lives. Those here for short bursts are there to teach us something.

Im trying to learn this as I have recently lost a friend and it was all my fault.

Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Im trying to learn this as I have recently lost a friend and it was all my fault.
The only thing we can do is learn from our mistakes and not repeat them.

Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
You can become that strong godly Christian woman . . . for whomever God has you help.

You might feed on 1 Peter 3:1-4, how Christians ladies can help any disobedient husband. I think this is how you can help any other person > by our example, and being gentle and quiet in God's love, so this spreads to help others to have what you have in His love.
You're so right :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Far Side Of the Moon

Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I have learned from my mistake but still feel bad about it.
Don't torture yourself...what happened happened... Ask God to help your not to condemn yourself anymore.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I have learned from my mistake but still feel bad about it.
Look up the Bible verse "love covers a multitude of sin".

You may want to do serious work on loving others for a few weeks. Sometimes reflecting on our own mistakes can be an opportunity to think about what we can do that is positive. Like thank someone for something nice they have done. Or Say 'i really appreciate you, God has blessed me".

Make daily goals, and write them down and keep them. Think of people that you will be around all week, what would make them smile. A card, food, babysitting for free so someone can get a Starbucks and refresh

Do it to glorify God and tell no one. God loves it when we do self less acts of kindness.

Jesus said "What you do for the least of these, you have done for me". That's a serious verse.

Every little thing helps.

I believe that loving is more amazing than sin is damaging, in the fact that love changes someone from the inside out, where as sin comes from the heart and is from the heart outward, so much harder to change sin, IMHO than to add love.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If I lose a friend, this can be because we both need to learn better how to love. So, I can offer myself to God for His correction which will make me more able to really love any and all people, not to only pick and choose who I want to use.

"For if you love those who love you, what reward have you?" (in Matthew 5:46)

And I find that God has me deal with forgiving those who do not forgive me. And we all need "longsuffering" in our relating with each other >

"with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love," (Ephesians 4:2)

Even our really good friends and leaders can at times be wrong, somehow; so we need to keep "longsuffering" ready . . . so we don't trash a good friendship or leader because of some one thing . . . or even more than one thing :)

"Also, we need to not give up on someone because of a problem we have with the person; because we imperfect can misunderstand someone. In God's loving, things can be 'past finding out' (Romans 11:33) so we do not understand what someone is doing to love us, and our selfish nature can get into things and have us taking things the wrong way."

"So, do not trust any thinking or reacting or decisions or ways of seeing things, which are not in the ruling of God's peace in us."

"And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful." (Colossians 3:15)

So, never mind how you might expect someone else to love you; we have our own correction to seek from God. If a person fails to love and forgive you . . . trust the person to God, and keep having hope for the person > love "hopes all things" (in 1 Corinthians 13:7).

Jesus never gave up on any of His disciples. So, we know He does not give up on us. But He desires that we appreciate this . . . by following His example :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

S.O.J.I.A.

Dynamic UNO
Nov 6, 2016
Michigan
✟98,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I am not the spelling police, but you meant "accept" (not except) I am quite sure.

There are 'exceptions' to your rule. Some people are so hateful and offensive that almost no one can easily accept them. They push people away and thus have few friends.

certainly the wages of being a jerk is being alone.

I don't believe this young ladies educational, occupational, or economic status categorizes her as a jerk however. marginalizing the poor is sin(james 2:1-9).

Upvote 0

sunshineforJesus

is so in love with God
Feb 19, 2014
Sterling Ct
✟716,814.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Look up the Bible verse "love covers a multitude of sin".

You may want to do serious work on loving others for a few weeks. Sometimes reflecting on our own mistakes can be an opportunity to think about what we can do that is positive. Like thank someone for something nice they have done. Or Say 'i really appreciate you, God has blessed me".

Make daily goals, and write them down and keep them. Think of people that you will be around all week, what would make them smile. A card, food, babysitting for free so someone can get a Starbucks and refresh

Do it to glorify God and tell no one. God loves it when we do self less acts of kindness.

Jesus said "What you do for the least of these, you have done for me". That's a serious verse.

Every little thing helps.

I believe that loving is more amazing than sin is damaging, in the fact that love changes someone from the inside out, where as sin comes from the heart and is from the heart outward, so much harder to change sin, IMHO than to add love.

That is a really good idea.

Upvote 0

sunshineforJesus

is so in love with God
Feb 19, 2014
Sterling Ct
✟716,814.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

turkle

Blessed
Jan 25, 2004
✟226,307.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You know what ,you are truly right. It wasn't till I got back in touch with my friend and he told me about all he did... I felt like I missed out on hearing how happy he was and how well everything went that o realized I wasn't acting right. My friend is like me, he doesn't have many friends... And if is able to be happy for me I should be for him....not only that ...but I since were close I knew all that he went through...and it was alot just for him to be where he is now, about to be married.,.and happy. That made me feel bad to the point I really had to repent,,,because that's not right,,and I hate I made exscuse for these feelings.,,yes jealous is hard and everyone experiences it ...but it shouldn't be normalized ...and I apologize for that..

And I'm do feel these friend are in my life for a reason because they came at a time when I need them th3 most....and they needed me...

I was afraid bc my friend is getting married...and I was afraid of have to let him go....but now I'm okay ...because that's all apart of life, somethings have to come to an end naturally.... But if you really love your friends...you won't speed up the process and you'll be there for them however long the Lord allows you to be in there life.

I'm glad I was able to get over myself just in time to celebrate his engagement plans ...and soon marriage. I really hope I get to be in his life...

Bc I know he's going to have children and I just want to be there. So I can be their aunt and spoil them ...and see how they look like him and his gf ...

I hope I get that opportunity.

Thanks guys for talking sense into me
FSOTM, that is a great piece of introspection...well done! The hardest thing to do is to stop trying to justify our sin and recognize it for what it is. You did that, and I admire your courage.

It's experiences like these that are the greatest teaching opportunities. We can learn from them or we can make excuses. I think your response shows humility and insight that will serve you well the next time you experience these negative emotions. The more you deal with them honestly, as you have done, the greater your maturity will be, and with it, you will be stronger and stronger. I'm very happy for you.

Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
FSOTM, that is a great piece of introspection...well done! The hardest thing to do is to stop trying to justify our sin and recognize it for what it is. You did that, and I admire your courage.

It's experiences like these that are the greatest teaching opportunities. We can learn from them or we can make excuses. I think your response shows humility and insight that will serve you well the next time you experience these negative emotions. The more you deal with them honestly, as you have done, the greater your maturity will be, and with it, you will be stronger and stronger. I'm very happy for you.
Yes, I'm speaking to my friends again and I'm happy i didn't cut them off because of my own insecurities. Really disgusts me that I tried to justify jealousy....Im glad you guys talked sense into me....Im also glad because it shows me its possible to actually work past jealousy and insecurity... And I just feel better knowing their happy :)

Upvote 0