Do you think that we could see someone again?

sunshine100

Love God Love people
Site Supporter
Nov 1, 2018
Florida
✟121,493.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do you think that we could see someone again?This happened sometime at the beginng of this year, at my church,but some guy was interested in me and I didn't think anything of it,so I just sort of brushed him off,not even realizing that he was interested in me,what are your thoughts on this.

Ttalkkugjil

Social Pastor
Mar 6, 2019
Suwon
✟34,572.00
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Do you think that we could see someone again?This happened sometime at the beginng of this year, at my church,but some guy was interested in me and I didn't think anything of it,so I just sort of brushed him off,not even realizing that he was interested in me,what are your thoughts on this.

There's plenty of fish.

• Agree
Reactions: sunshine100
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Don't look for fish. Especially man's way (nor woman's way), as if 'plenty'.

Instead trust Yahuweh (God) as written. Marriage, if given by Him, is a gift. He has planned and knows all things. Singleness, if given is a gift also. Jesus says accept what He gives ..... He shows us all how to live , married or single.

• Agree
Reactions: sunshine100
Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
The reason to never "brush off" anyone.

If you mean you just didn't act interested, invite him out ... or at least find opportunities to talk to him personally. Making eye contact and letting him know you are making eye contact with a smile is a good way to let a man know you are interested.

Upvote 0

Ttalkkugjil

Social Pastor
Mar 6, 2019
Suwon
✟34,572.00
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
The reason to never "brush off" anyone.

If you mean you just didn't act interested, invite him out ... or at least find opportunities to talk to him personally. Making eye contact and letting him know you are making eye contact with a smile is a good way to let a man know you are interested.
How is she going to ask him out if she never even sees him again?

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
I'm going by the title of her thread. She doesn't sound all that hopeful.

I am going by the fact he was at her church...and it couldn't have been more than 3 months ago. If it was just a stranger visiting and he was only interested based on a single passing look, then she has no idea of who he is or if he even was worth spending time with. Which isn't much of a loss, really.

Upvote 0

Ttalkkugjil

Social Pastor
Mar 6, 2019
Suwon
✟34,572.00
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
I am going by the fact he was at her church...and it couldn't have been more than 3 months ago. If it was just a stranger visiting and he was only interested based on a single passing look, then she has no idea of who he is or if he even was worth spending time with. Which isn't much of a loss, really.
That he hasn't been back in three months suggests that the chances of his return aren't high. It's best for her to cut her losses and move on.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
That he hasn't been back in three months suggests that the chances of his return aren't high. It's best for her to cut her losses and move on.

She didn't say that. Nor did she say she was "tied" to him in such a way that she has any losses to cut her self from. Thinking or hoping isn't bad unless it keeps you from living today.

Upvote 0

Ttalkkugjil

Social Pastor
Mar 6, 2019
Suwon
✟34,572.00
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
She didn't say that. Nor did she say she was "tied" to him in such a way that she has any losses to cut her self from. Thinking or hoping isn't bad unless it keeps you from living today.

You yourself just posted, "it couldn't have been more than 3 months ago" :D

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
You yourself just posted, "it couldn't have been more than 3 months ago" :D

She said "This happened sometime at the beginng of this year, at my church," which means no more than 3 months ago ... and wondering about someone you met 3 months ago isn't "not moving on" nor does it mean that you aren't living your life while wondering....especially if she just found out that he was interested...

Upvote 0

Ttalkkugjil

Social Pastor
Mar 6, 2019
Suwon
✟34,572.00
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
She said "This happened sometime at the beginng of this year, at my church," which means no more than 3 months ago ... and wondering about someone you met 3 months ago isn't "not moving on" nor does it mean that you aren't living your life while wondering....especially if she just found out that he was interested...

It's best for her to move on.

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
It's best for her to move on.
You move on from a relationship that ended...not someone you barely knew.

My advice would be to contact him if she knows how to contact him..being prepared that he might not be interested anymore. He isn't likely to ask her out if she has blown him off even if they see each other regularly. If he was just someone passing through her life, then don't waste much time obsessing on it but be open to whoever God brings into her life or back into her life.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ttalkkugjil

Social Pastor
Mar 6, 2019
Suwon
✟34,572.00
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
You move on from a relationship that ended...not someone you barely knew.

My advice would be to contact him if she knows how to contact him..being prepared that he might not be interested anymore. He isn't likely to ask her out if she has blown him off even if they see each other regularly. If he was just someone passing through her life, then don't waste much time obsessing on it but be open to whoever God brings into her life or back into her life.

I'm moving on from this dialogue with you.

Upvote 0

sunshine100

Love God Love people
Site Supporter
Nov 1, 2018
Florida
✟121,493.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm moving on from this dialogue with you.
and you just mind your own business and just forget about this thread ok girl,it was stupid of me to create it,and by the way I have moved on,you move on.

Upvote 0

sunshine100

Love God Love people
Site Supporter
Nov 1, 2018
Florida
✟121,493.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I read everything you posted about me,you know what you can do,you can stop talking about me and forget about this thread,I have moved on,this was a stupid idea to post it.

Upvote 0