Do you think that using inappropriate contentography is equal to cheating?

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My oh my, you sin right here. You made false accusations, and placed words in my mouth I did not say.

I specifically said, inappropriate content is sin. I specifically said, we are not to make excuses for our sin.
Yes, the old man is dead...we are to consider ourselves already dead. Risen, with the Lord. Yet, we still have this flesh. Paul addresses this very well.

In Christ
Daniel
the problem with your defense is that i did not say "you" said anything ..i was speaking of "them" a generality

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And how is it you KNOW that I have undealt with profanity in my life? In fact, nowhere in this entire thread have I indicated any such thing. Rather, I've spoken of the overall problem that is being discussed in this thread. But I see that some of you have taken the liberty to project and infer that I have something I need to repent of. To which I say, who made you the judge and jury based on something you think I've said? As far as I can tell, I've in no way, nor at any time, indicated here in this thread that I'm presently involved in the sin(s) we're discussing or that I even somehow "approve" of inappropriate content. I in fact do not, and even though I will admit I've been affected by Raunch Culture in my life, this is no secret and not something 'new' that anyone who is already familiar with me doesn't already know. So, if you're going to make any further assumptions (or presumptions) about me, then that is on you and/or on whoever is so informing you behind my back here at CF!

If you really want to see my "confession" AND how I approach this issue, then you can also see these two threads I've created, that is, if you have the integrity to do so:

1) Dismantling the "PLAYBOY" philosophy embedded in our culture ...

2) All those female chauvinists pigs of...today's raunch culture?
...AND I found her copy of "Fountainhead," but I didn't read it and at that time (35 years ago) I had no idea what it was about. ^_^
the fact you thought this was either funny OR acceptable to post( along with your other reference ) - is the basis for my evaluation . this is neither acceptable or funny, it is Totaly profain in spirit .

if you watch this until the lady gets into her testimony -you will be SHAKEN.

Upvote 0

savedthroughgrace

Aug 21, 2018
South
✟34,335.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think reconciliation is possible but if you were unhappy, why cheat? Why not tell your wife that you were unhappy? Your wife didn’t cause you to make that decision ...it’s not the only decision a person can make no matter how lonely they feel in their marriage. It’s tantamount to saying that someone is justified to rob a bank simply because they have no job. Maybe an extreme example but an affair is a choice. Many people who do this claim that it was an unhappy marriage that “drove” them to do it but another choice would be to discuss it with one’s spouse or leave. Cheating is never a justifiable option. I’m not judging you but I guess I don’t understand why every person who cheats feels the need to say “I was in an unhappy marriage.” As if that somehow is an excuse. I’m sure every person in prison has reasons too for their crimes but they also had other options. I’ve made bad choices in different ways in my life because I chose to, not because life didn’t go my way, but because I chose to.

I’m happy for you that you reconciled but it’s also fair to say that if one chooses not to, this doesn’t make them weak or unforgiving. I suppose everyone’s circumstances will be different.

I wouldn’t reconcile. I just wouldn’t be able to trust again and I have seen people who reconcile and they are always worried every time their spouse is out of their sight. Nah, not the life I want. But again, I’m glad for you and your wife that you did make it through.

Well, I spoke several times about how unhappy I was. We lacked the communication skills to actually fix any of the issues we had. We came into marriage without a clue and pretty much thought things should just go well on there own .we were told it was work but were never told how to do that work. I think our pride got in the way and we both felt "right" and weren't going to seek out counseling. In fact counseling never crossed our minds. It's .ot an excuse. I 100% agree with you that it is an inexcusable choice. Having needs met by someone other than your spouse is the worst way to make yourself feel better. But that doesn't mean you conciously realize thats what is happening.

Anyway, I just want to clarify when I say no one knows what they would do until they're in the situation. I mean as the spouse that has been cheated on. Many people say "I would leave," and a lot do. But I think a lot of that choice has to do with cicumstances. But this is off topic from your OP. I appreciate you reading my story and not judging. I pray that you never have to under go this situation and I wish my wife didnt/doesn't have to.

• Winner
Reactions: Deidre32
Upvote 0

savedthroughgrace

Aug 21, 2018
South
✟34,335.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
please do go and read his whole letter .... it appears you havn't for so long you don't know what it says
or you've been picking out one verse for so long you've forgotten the rest of it and keep banging out the same error.

aslo look again at what i posted and read the last sentence ..
"and keep going pleeeease whats it say before that whats it say after it ..its a letter not a sentance
and the same letter says - no one born of god can continue in sin... so obviously the sentence you just picked out of context does not mean what you want it to mean.
if it did then there are so many contradictions in johns letter it is embarrasing - but it does not mean what you want it to mean. you want it to excuse your ongoing sin.. so many want that . but they are not to have ongoing works of Sin.

everyone tries to say oh your saying your sinless , but no one is sinless . but neither do we continue to do actions we KNOW are sinful .

I have reread 1 John. I think I know what you're saying. I get where you get your understanding from 1 John. But I also believe there are several verses in the Bible that say we cannot obtain perfection in our fleshly bodies. I will continue studying .at any rate I believe we should turn from sin and avoid things that resemble sin. I also intend on watching the video you posted when I have some time.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have reread 1 John. I think I know what you're saying. I get where you get your understanding from 1 John. But I also believe there are several verses in the Bible that say we cannot obtain perfection in our fleshly bodies. I will continue studying .at any rate I believe we should turn from sin and avoid things that resemble sin. I also intend on watching the video you posted when I have some time.
now im going to agree with you
as iv said elsewhere -there is a chasm of difference between" having sin" ,for we live in a sinful corrupted body of flesh .
and "practicing sin" for we have in us by the Holy Spirit the incorruptible seed .

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Other scholars got to me before you did!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,133,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
the fact you thought this was either funny OR acceptable to post( along with your other reference ) - is the basis for my evaluation . this is neither acceptable or funny, it is Totaly profain in spirit .

if you watch this until the lady gets into her testimony -you will be SHAKEN.

And precisely what was it that I said which was something you found to be profane simply because I thought the subject was funny or "acceptable to post"? You keep saying that this is the case but without clear evidence so as to back up your alleged point.

Upvote 0

Deidre32

Follow Thy Heart
Mar 23, 2014
Somewhere else...
✟74,866.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Well, I spoke several times about how unhappy I was. We lacked the communication skills to actually fix any of the issues we had. We came into marriage without a clue and pretty much thought things should just go well on there own .we were told it was work but were never told how to do that work. I think our pride got in the way and we both felt "right" and weren't going to seek out counseling. In fact counseling never crossed our minds. It's .ot an excuse. I 100% agree with you that it is an inexcusable choice. Having needs met by someone other than your spouse is the worst way to make yourself feel better. But that doesn't mean you conciously realize thats what is happening.

Anyway, I just want to clarify when I say no one knows what they would do until they're in the situation. I mean as the spouse that has been cheated on. Many people say "I would leave," and a lot do. But I think a lot of that choice has to do with cicumstances. But this is off topic from your OP. I appreciate you reading my story and not judging. I pray that you never have to under go this situation and I wish my wife didnt/doesn't have to.
Are you both happy now in your marriage would you say?

Upvote 0

savedthroughgrace

Aug 21, 2018
South
✟34,335.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are you both happy now in your marriage would you say?

Yes. The events I listed were not all that long ago. We are attending counseling to continue to equip ourselves with tools to communicate and express love in our marriage. We are both very happy in our marriage and it feels like we have "fallen in love" all over again. Once this new honeymoon phase ends, we will have to work harder, but we know that if we live according to the Lord, love each other, and understand how the other SHOWS that love (this was a big issue for us) we will be successful and our vow 'til death do us part' will be a reality.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums