Do you think reading the bible is important?

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
So rather than being the Soul of Christ, would you say than that perhaps the Universe and all in it is the Body of Christ? I'm taking my question from your comment that :"ultimately we are all in him and united to him".

maybe the soul is the preexistent souls/spirits of all and the body is the development of those souls that become. or maybe the body of the Son of God is dead or alive and is in a process of waking up or coming to be. so there is both a foundational idea of each of us in God and also an aspect of us that is becoming through various processes and experiences.

I'm wondering now what to you IS the real universe?

minds. spirits. beings. the symbolic/physical reality is an effect of the type of being but in this world we are experiencing as mostly bodies.

Upvote 0

the iconoclast

Atheism is weak. Yep, I said it
Feb 10, 2015
✟39,361.00
Country
Burkina Faso
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
What is your best argument for rejecting Jesus Christ?".

To which I'm suggesting that when it's really the whole of Christian theology that's being rejected, the focus of your question becomes pointless

Hey hey you :)

Lets start. So Jesus is not rejected but the whole of christian theology relating to Christ. What in particular do you reject?

Cheers

Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟723,684.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
Hey hey you :)

Lets start. So Jesus is not rejected but the whole of christian theology relating to Christ. What in particular do you reject?

Cheers
First, there is Jesus and than there is Christianity, and I feel it's only rarely that they cross paths. I blame Christian theology for that. The "Light of God" is what I recognize as the Christ element of God that has always existed. Jesus is something else that came along 2000 years ago. The rejection of Christian theology for me goes way beyond Christ, starting with the idea that God is separate and apart from Creation. But going to the beginning, I reject the ancient myth of the Fall which when followed to it's Christian conclusion does lead to Jesus and salvation. So I reject the Sin nature theology and the need of Salvation in the Christian sense. In between the Fall and Jesus is the image of a Judgmental God who follows the same theme as the ancient Greek Pagan God's who would sit on a throne high on a mountain or cloud somewhere throwing thunder bolts at those who needed punishment and directing/giving instructions for war and genocide that we read in the Bible. I reject all of that. I reject that it's about "Jesus" as the "only" way because I experience the Light of God in a much more cosmic and universal way. God is very much alive and vibrant in people regardless of their religious beliefs and leanings. I reject any and all of the God wrath stories such as the Biblical flood. I reject the ancient 6 day Biblical creation myth story. That's because I experience the creation process as ongoing, for ever and ever and as an element of what God is. God for me is the Life Force of everything. Evolution and geological change is the way that God Creates. Being a Panentheist, I experience God everywhere I look. That's a difficult thing for Christians to do.

Edited to add: By the way, the ONLY Sacred text that I recognize as being written directly by the hand of God and signed off with His signature can only be found with in life itSelf. All other scriptures has passed through the hands of man.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hey hey bhsmte :)

One piece I find interesting, is asking atheists how certain they are of their personal faith belief and or belief in God.

What u think?

What faith belief?

We should get clear first.

In regards to faith, i use the merriam webster definition, so my lack of belief in the christian god, has zero to do with faith a d everything to do with not having reliable/indepenent evidence to substantiate that specific belief.

I do have faith, i will win lotto one day though.

Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟723,684.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
maybe the soul is the preexistent souls/spirits of all and the body is the development of those souls that become. or maybe the body of the Son of God is dead or alive and is in a process of waking up or coming to be. so there is both a foundational idea of each of us in God and also an aspect of us that is becoming through various processes and experiences.
How might that look when looking beyond the Human Soul and with the perspective more from a Universal or Cosmic wide expression of God in His own Creation?

...minds. spirits. beings. the symbolic/physical reality is an effect of the type of being but in this world we are experiencing as mostly bodies.
Do you think that truly being Born Again that our eyes change with what we see and how we see it such that, and I'm quoting Teilhard de Chardin here, "Matter is spirit moving slowly enough to be seen."?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
How might that look when looking beyond the Human Soul and with the perspective more from a Universal or Cosmic wide expression of God in His own Creation?

to be human is to be in Gods image. God is more human than humans are human. how much more universal can I get? :D

Do you think that truly being Born Again that our eyes change with what we see and how we see it such that, and I'm quoting Teilhard de Chardin here, "Matter is spirit moving slowly enough to be seen."?

maybe? spirit expressed as symbol is matter. matter is part of the creative energy of the creator. I also am a "creative nothing", as max stirner has called himself. to me matter seems like a symbolic reality and a stage or play in a condition known as "the fall". matter exist in heaven and hell as well, probably in different forms.

nature is like the bible - it is written by demons, men, angels, and God. :ebil:

Last edited:
Upvote 0