Do you think political radical groups are taking over protests in USA causing anarchy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
That is me. The balance. The centrist!!

Now, how do we stop the influence of all these left-wing and right-wing malefactors? People who stir up rioters to lob rocks and debris at cops? People who get cops and military police to fire tear gas and rubber bullets at peaceful protestors? Crooks who encourage looting? It's a challenge.
I hate to agree with Giuliani, but you arrest the first person that breaks the law and hustle him or her away. Riots are examples of "safety in numbers".

The Seattle police had learned their lesson with the WTO riots. The next time around they were prepared and kept crowds under control. No injuries, very few arrests. Sadly the police department shifted left. They were ineffectual with this latest riot.

Upvote 0

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟245,071.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
I hate to agree with Giuliani, but you arrest the first person that breaks the law and hustle him or her away. Riots are examples of "safety in numbers".

The Seattle police had learned their lesson with the WTO riots. The next time around they were prepared and kept crowds under control. No injuries, very few arrests. Sadly the police department shifted left. They were ineffectual with this latest riot.

Yeah, that's a good point, and it could certainly help in a lot of cases... but how do we arrest Barr and Trump?

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,257,433.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
Absolutely.

The government should handout more stimulus checks so folks will stay at home and play XBox and watch Netflix, instead of hitting the streets.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Tigger45
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟436,574.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I'm pretty sure people would also like to see him (them, actually) convicted, not just arrested, and then punished. How often have prosecutions of police officers who have killed unarmed black citizens been successful?

Sure...but that takes time. I could understand why people would be out in the streets if they failed to convict...but that's a long time away.

In 2014-2015 they were marching and protesting because it seemed like the cops never even got arrested or charged in these situations. Now that they are arrested and charged...what's the issue? Are we expecting him to get beheaded in town square at noon the next day? That's not justice.

I can understand why people are upset....I don't like that it happened either. That's not a reason to burn down buildings and loot businesses though.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Yeah, that's a good point, and it could certainly help in a lot of cases... but how do we arrest Barr and Trump?
We might have to wait for that. It does not good to arrest them when the body that tries them is corrupt. This next election bodes very poorly for the Republicans. There are two factors working against them. The number of members of a party going up for election varies every two years since the Senate terms are six years long. Last election cycle even though the Republicans already have control far more Democrats were running for reelection than Republicans. As a result even during a very heavily pro-Democratic election they still lost a seat. This time around far more Republicans are running for reelection. There are 35 seats up for reelection 23 of them are currently Republican. In the long run the races are split. Half go Republican and half go Democratic. Even if the election follows that pattern the Republicans would lose 14 seats. It could be even worse.(or better depending on your point of view). The Republicans are apt to be crying after this election. Even if Trump wins somehow the Senate is almost certainly lost.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,257,433.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
Sure...but that takes time. I could understand why people would be out in the streets if they failed to convict...but that's a long time away.

In 2014-2015 they were marching and protesting because it seemed like the cops never even got arrested or charged in these situations. Now that they are arrested and charged...what's the issue? Are we expecting him to get beheaded in town square at noon the next day? That's not justice.

I can understand why people are upset....I don't like that it happened either. That's not a reason to burn down buildings and loot businesses though.

Bad actors + social media + massive unemployment = riots.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟436,574.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Bad actors + social media + massive unemployment = riots.

Yeah...

I mean, bad actors? I think I'd just call them opportunists.

If people are struggling to get by....and all of a sudden there's an opportunity to grab free stuff, with little chance of facing consequences...people grab free stuff. It's easy to justify when they see so many others doing the same.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,257,433.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
Yeah...

I mean, bad actors? I think I'd just call them opportunists.

If people are struggling to get by....and all of a sudden there's an opportunity to grab free stuff, with little chance of facing consequences...people grab free stuff. It's easy to justify when they see so many others doing the same.

The overly restrained tone of police departments no doubt plays into encouraging a sense of anomie.

Frankly I would be happy with more use of surveillance in US cities. The feeling that people aren't being watched and that there are no consequences is what is fuelling this sort of thing. This doesn't have to do with race directly, but with breakdown in perceived legitimacy and power of authority.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟436,574.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The overly restrained tone of police departments no doubt plays into encouraging a sense of anomie.

Frankly I would be happy with more use of surveillance in US cities. The feeling that people aren't being watched and that there are no consequences is what is fuelling this sort of thing. This doesn't have to do with race directly, but with breakdown in perceived legitimacy and power of authority.

You could be right. CCTV cameras do seem to have made a difference in some places.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mark45

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2019
Birmingham
✟70,774.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

The President Of USA Donald Trump is a man that should be given respect and is acting as a good President to protect and improve The USA

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,186,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The President Of USA Donald Trump is a man that should be given respect and is acting as a good President to protect and improve The USA
I give the president every bit of the respect he has earned from me.

None.

Upvote 0

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟245,071.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single

Ooh, it's hard to imagine anyone typing that with a straight face. Especially someone typing from across the pond.

• Agree
Reactions: Jimmy D
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.