• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.

Do you think political correctness is out of control these days?

Discussion in 'General Politics' started by prosperity4all, Oct 18, 2019.

1. prosperity4all

prosperity4all New Member

+27
    United States
    Christian
    Single

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+21,956
    Anglican
    Married
    No doubt of it. When a person can get away with calling for the physical attacks upon somebody else or call him a bunch of four-letter words in public, but can be prosecuted for using the correct pronoun when referring to certain, special, people if those people prefer to be called by a different one...it's pretty bad.

3. fwGod

fwGod Well-Known Member

+130
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Is political correctness an actual law? Or is it just something politically preferred by certain persons.. and pushed by cp media.
    If it's not an actual law, then it's not actually legal to make a penalty for not following it. It's just a law to support unlawful cp rights.

Please do correct me if I'm wrong.

4. tulc

tulc loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!

+14,036
    Christian
    Married
    I like a thing I heard about "political correctness"
    tulc(just a thought) :wave:

5. Francis Drake

Francis Drake Returning adventurer.

+1,159
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
    UK-Independence-Party
    There are various PC laws in the UK, and in my view, it seems that they are more interested in pursuing silly PC offences than violence and burglary.

Here's one silly UKPCDCC, (first to work that one out, gets a smiley.)

Julie Cooke on Twitter

6. Rubiks

Rubiks armchair linguist

+2,163
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Almost every case of "political correctness" is just being polite.

7. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+21,956
    Anglican
    Married
    It's more like being required to be polite and only to some people and only in the manner that the ruling powers have chosen. And that's only about polite speech. Political correctness extends much beyond that.

8. Francis Drake

+1,159
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
    UK-Independence-Party
    This is a very very naïve view of what PC is really about..

Political Correctness is much more than asking for politeness. It has become a legal weapon that so called "social justice warriors" can use to force ordinary people to act completely against their own consciences.

It was not about politeness when gay people deliberately chose a Christian baker and demanded that he bakes a cake with words on it that are offensive to Christians.
    When the Christian politely refused on the grounds of his conscience, they take him to court and he loses his business, gets heavily fined, jailed etc.
    Political correctness laws have enabled certain groups to go on the warpath against others.

PC laws penalise anyone who whispers anything about Islam, but ignore the constant derision against Christ and Christianity.

9. Yarddog

Yarddog Senior Contributor Supporter

+2,659
    Catholic
    Married
    Out of control? No
    Do some people take it too far? Yes.

As Christians, we are called to be humble and loving, so, political correctness is a good Christian attribute. Some people do take it too far so that a good discussion about differences is difficult to have.

10. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+21,956
    Anglican
    Married
    Maybe we first have to understand what the term "political correctness" means. :rolleyes:

11. Yarddog

+2,659
    Catholic
    Married
    Do you want me to teach you? LOL :)

12. Francis Drake

+1,159
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
    UK-Independence-Party
    yes, pray do tell.

13. jgarden

jgarden Senior Veteran

+1,693
    Methodist

These kinds of threads are usually nothing more than an attempt to provide "excuses" for the outrageous and often impeachable acts committed by Trump and his surrogates!

14. Republican Values Voter

Republican Values Voter 2nd Amendment Supporter

+11
    United States
    Methodist
    Single
    US-Republican
    Of course political correctness has gotten out of control. It's been out of control for a long time now. I read an article on the news the other day (can't find the link at the moment) where a teacher lost his job because he refused to speak to a transgendered student with his (or her) preferred pronouns. I can't say I blame the teacher: a lot of male-to-female transsexuals don't get facial feminization surgery and laser hair removal, and they look like men with breasts. Maybe the TG student got his/her feelings hurt a little bit, but it shouldn't have cost a teacher his job!

Last edited: Oct 20, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  15. Republican Values Voter

Republican Values Voter 2nd Amendment Supporter

+11
    United States
    Methodist
    Single
    US-Republican
    You don't think political correctness has gotten out of control? I heard a case where a Christian student was asked to wear his "Jesus Saves" t-shirt inside-out because it offended the liberal atheist teacher. The student refused (after all, he has his First Amendment rights), and he was promptly sent home. The event happened in San Francisco, which doesn't surprise me.

There are also numerous cases where the ACLU has sued public schools because a principal or teacher lead a prayer during lunchtime or before classes began. The prayers were voluntary, and atheist students weren't required to participate, so no "separation of church and state" violation occurred. But this fact didn't matter to the ACLU lawyers. In these court cases the liberal judges always take the side of the litigants and never the defendants. Arguably, political correctness is snuffing God out of public life.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  16. Yarddog

+2,659
    Catholic
    Married
    Out of control would denote a wide spread problem. Having a small number of cases within 300 million people is not wide spread or out of control.

17. A_Thinker

A_Thinker Well-Known Member Supporter

+4,526
    Christian
    Married
    Thank you ...

18. tulc

tulc loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!

+14,036
    Christian
    Married
    Link? :scratch:

Link? Because from what I've seen the ACLU would be on the sides of the students wanting to pray:
    ACLU Defense of Religious Practice and Expression in Public Schools
    and they fight for peoples rights to practice their religion:
    ACLU Defense of Religious Practice and Expression
    So if you could supply some linked articles to news sites in support of the claims you made in your post that would be helpful. :wave:
    tulc(is grateful to Republican Values Voter for reminding him to send another donation to the ACLU) :oldthumbsup:

19. Francis Drake

+1,159
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
    UK-Independence-Party
    That's because the PC lawyers are just testing the waters to see how far they can go. But step by step, they are using these PC laws to destroy the freedom of Godly people and to punish them.

The attacks will only increase till it becomes a landslide.

20. Yarddog

+2,659
    Catholic
    Married
    Oh boy....