Do you think Jesus will come back in your lifetime

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SalvationInvestment

We get into very fragile ground when petitioned with such a question. Really you ought not to think whether we will be here when Christ returns but rather are we in Christ right now. There are many views on the tribulation, and when Christ shall return. They are just that - opinions.

Now I am not saying that Jesus cannot reveal unto His beloved the mystery of His Revelation, for Christ has revealed His glory unto me to my salvation by His blood and to those who call on His precious name. However, if God's will is not for you to discuss what He has revealed unto you then when you do arguments and strife are created when others THINK differently then you. Steak is not for babies. Babies must drink milk. And as ambassadors for Christ what you say has great importance for in the words of the Gospel is there life and death. Anything discussed by prophecy in Christ should be done in prayer and by the Holy Ghost not that of an opinion or that of a carnal mind.

Great mysteries are an offense for those who are without and it is not you who reveals but Christ Himself. Therefore so none are offended in prophecy, words should be considered carefully by prayer and that you should have no doubts whatsoever when speaking such. For if there is doubt there is sin at the door. When speaking in boldness and confidence in Christ in the power of His spirit that which is given as meat shall cause a filling. That which is spoken outside of His spirit shall not fill but burden. I warn you not as a master for we have one master who is Christ, but as one who is in the body to fill the body in it's wholeness that others may partake in the gift of life which our Lord freely offers and that you may be exhorted to strengthen the body.

Glory to God as He is praised let our tongues pronouce His goodness and His power. Let our bodies be the tools of our God for salvation unto those who are without. Jesus our Lord has given unto us each our special gifts let them be used for the glorifying of Christ not for the enemy who abides ready to strike utilizing those in Christ to cause damage unto not only yourselves but that those without should not receive the precious light of the Lord our God.

Those who do not know Christ will be offended at the puffs of conversation used to cause envy amongst those who believe not. The mystery is not for offense but a light revealed unto those who seek through Jesus the Christ of God. Seek not through discussion with man but rather through Jesus. Take your petition of understanding knowledge and mysteries before Christ that He may give you understanding and let Jesus work the clay with the magnificent tools who joy and glory in the work our Lord provides. May the Lord Jesus Christ show you His precious light and give your soul peace and joy that the world will not give. Yours in Christ,

Daniel

Upvote 0
C

carma

SI,

Welcome to the Tavern.

Do you think you might can explain this statement:

However, if God's will is not for you to discuss what He has revealed unto you then when you do arguments and strife are created when others THINK differently then you. Steak is not for babies. Babies must drink milk.

I know what milk and steak are, I just wonder why you felt the need to post this.

Upvote 0
I

imafungi1

I say no. Every generation has looked at the present time and said, "Jesus is definitely coming back before I die." Well, needless to say, they died. That is why I don't believe he will come now. It is only pure speculation. The only proof that is 100% accurate is me rising into the air. That's it.

Now, don't get me wrong, I would just love for God to prove me wrong here, but I doubt that will happen . . .

;)

Upvote 0

LouisBooth

Feb 6, 2002
✟19,588.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Why worry? christ will come back..that is all we really need to know..I used to sit around and think about the date and scavenged through the book of rev for some little clue. I came to this conclusion "I know the plans for you, declairs the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." He knows the plans..he's driving..I'll just sit back and enjoy the ride.

Upvote 0
F

Flinthead

Do you think Jesus will come back in your lifetime?

To make that statement is like saying "I am still under the Law rather Grace", To be in Christ or the spritual Word, "the messiah has COME" to be under the law, "Messiah will Come"

To look for the flesh man to return is to look for the old covenant to return, which means no salvation. This is why
only believers saw the resurrected Christ, because only believers can see the spirit of the Word that “gives life”. When we begin to see the spirit in the Word, the flesh Christ goes away, never to return, and only the spirit of the
Word “remains”.

Flint

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
H

hoopler

I get really excited when I think that He COULD.
I don't think it's something we shouldn't think or talk about. There's loads gong on in the world that may be pointing that way.
There's also the great comission of going into the world and making disciples of all nations etc. and there's only a few nations thyat havent been reached yet. THat's all exiting stuff
BUT...
as no-one knows the hour or the day thenwe just hafta live like we're ready.
I thing God is so cool the way that he keeps His return in our minds by everything that's cracking off in the world. So long as it's an inspiration and not a distraction then that's cool too.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Rev Moon jr:

Unfortunately, your concept of the Ressurection is a bit flawed. When we are Ressurected, just as Jesus was, we our bodies will be made new. We will not be just spirit, just as Jesus is not just Spirit. He literally sits, in His ressurected body, at the right hand of God. When he left us, he left to us the Holy Spirit. I could write for days on the subject, but I won't. Instead, I recommend reading a book entitled 'The Ressurection' by Hank Hannegraf. It is an awesome read, and will show you exactly the Biblical teachings on resurrection, what we can expect in heavan (to the extent our finite understanding allows, of course), as well as much more biblical wisdom concerning our life after death.

Much love in Christ,
Matthew A. Hebbert

Upvote 0

Lynn

Veteran
Feb 14, 2002
Ogden, UT
Visit site
✟10,696.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There are days when I just pray that Jesus will return NOW. Sometimes, life is just so hard. But, he will return when the time is right. It is not for me to know. And it is definitely not for me to try and guess. There are so many people who seem to feel that it is their right or their responsibility to predict Jesus' return. As much as I may long for his return all I can do is live my life as though each day will be my last.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.