Is It Sinful to Use Sex Toys? Are Vibrators & [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] a Sin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inkachu

Bursting with fruit flavor!
Jan 31, 2008
Somewhere between Rivendell and Rohan
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I would totally feel secure being forced to marry someone who raped me.

/heavy sarcasm

I'm glad to hear that it wasn't mandatory, but it's still incredibly frightening for me to think about.

Especially because of the person taking it lightly on this thread. "Security" and "providing" my butt, I would be terrified to be in the same house as someone who has in any way molested, assaulted, or raped me.

Your other choices: be homeless, be a prostitute.

Sucks, yes, but that's the culture of the day.

Looking at an ancient culture with the eyes of a 21st century westerner is also pretty poor logic. But then again... look at the forum we're in here.

Upvote 0

Gadarene

-______-
Apr 16, 2012
London
✟75,247.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Labour
Your other choices: be homeless, be a prostitute. Sucks, yes, but that's the culture of the day. Looking at an ancient culture with the eyes of a 21st century westerner is also pretty poor logic. But then again... look at the forum we're in here.

Moral relativism when convenient, evidently ^_^

It's not like God couldn't have specified the culture he wanted in, I don't know, some kind of detailed legal code ^_^^_^

Upvote 0

BL2KTN

Scholar, Author, Educator
Oct 22, 2010
Tennessee, United States
✟18,144.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Libertarian
well, given that God was giving these rules to create the culture of the ancient Hebrews, you would think that the author of quantum physics could have said that women were not property. You would think that the God of the universe could have said that men who raped women will be punished, not given those women as wives.you would think that the creator of the cosmos would have said that a test for virginity is not grounds for stoning women to death at marriage, nor that marriage is to be equated with intercourse.instead we have rules given from God to thee ancient Hebrews that do not transcend culture, do not elevate their morality, but instead are more despicable then the rules that other cultures around them had.

Upvote 0

Gadarene

-______-
Apr 16, 2012
London
✟75,247.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Labour
Laughing emoticon or not, we can read the text in its original, Hebrew format and ascertain the meaning (unlike other more difficult passages). That the Talmud teaching about the verse does not agree with the actual text is what results in "re-interpreting."

The Talmud is not canonical within Christianity in the way the OT is either.

Upvote 0

Gadarene

-______-
Apr 16, 2012
London
✟75,247.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Labour
well, given that God was giving these rules to create the culture of the ancient Hebrews, you would think that the author of quantum physics could have said that women were not property. You would think that the God of the universe could have said that men who raped women will be punished, not given those women as wives.you would think that the creator of the cosmos would have said that a test for virginity is not grounds for stoning women to death at marriage, nor that marriage is to be equated with intercourse.instead we have rules given from God to thee ancient Hebrews that do not transcend culture, do not elevate their morality, but instead are more despicable then the rules that other cultures around them had.

'You will cut off the ends of your penises and build my flashy golden death box to *exact* specification.

Rape victims? Nah they'll figure it out. I can't possibly be expected to dictate how their society should behave there, I'm only an omnipotent deity who's threatening to screw them over utterly if they fail to obey this legal code'

Upvote 0

KitKatMatt

stupid bleeding heart feminist liberal
May 2, 2013
✟29,520.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Your other choices: be homeless, be a prostitute.

Sucks, yes, but that's the culture of the day.

Looking at an ancient culture with the eyes of a 21st century westerner is also pretty poor logic. But then again... look at the forum we're in here.

"Sucks"

No, I'm afraid that's more than "sucks". That situation is so horrible that I can't even begin to describe it without a slew of "bless but not curse" inserts.

Be homeless and become a prostitute because someone else forced themselves onto you sexually and raped you, or live your life with your rapist who... surprise! is probably going to continue to rape you while married to you!

Upvote 0
D

DiligentlySeekingGod

Blasphemy
It is considered blasphemy to insult or mock Christianity or any part of the Trinity-Father (God), Son (Jesus) and the Holy Spirit. Honest debate about the nature of God and Christian Theology is allowed, but derogatory remarks are not.

Christian Forums Rules / Terms of Service

This thread has been reported, not only for the constant flaming, but for the blatant blasphemy that has been going on in this thread.

Upvote 0

LilLamb219

The Lamb is gone
Supporter
Jun 2, 2005
Visit site
✟83,596.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
MOD HAT ON

Thread closed for review. Please remember that God is not to be mocked on this forum!!!

Update: This thread is remain closed due to multiple violations. Please keep the board rules in mind when posting.

MOD HAT OFF

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.