Is It Sinful to Use Sex Toys? Are Vibrators & [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] a Sin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BL2KTN

Scholar, Author, Educator
Oct 22, 2010
Tennessee, United States
✟18,144.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Libertarian
KitKatMatt said:
Thank you.

This kind of thinking screwed me up for years, made me hate myself, and made me hurt myself.

I am so sorry to hear that. I'm glad that you are better now. I cannot come out more strongly against the whole "purity" movement, as it is absolutely horrid to human psychology. It leads to rape victims wanting to kill themselves, people who have had varying degrees of sexual interaction feeling broken, and ridiculous, erroneous beliefs about "virginity", marriage, love, God finding a person's mate, etc. There is very little more dangerous to a young person's healthy maturation than the purity movement and those who teach it.

• Agree
Reactions: JessicaMS
Upvote 0

KitKatMatt

stupid bleeding heart feminist liberal
May 2, 2013
✟29,520.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I am so sorry to hear that. I'm glad that you are better now. I cannot come out more strongly against the whole "purity" movement, as it is absolutely horrid to human psychology. It leads to rape victims wanting to kill themselves, people who have had varying degrees of sexual interaction feeling broken, and ridiculous, erroneous beliefs about "virginity", marriage, love, God finding a person's mate, etc. There is very little more dangerous to a young person's healthy maturation than the purity movement and those who teach it.

Anything that teaches girls that they are only a cow valued for its milk, or a piece of tape valued for its stickiness, or a rose valued for its petals is horrible and needs to be stopped.

We are not sex objects. I do not exist just to be a "pure" body for my spouse to have sex with.

• Agree
Upvote 0

BL2KTN

Scholar, Author, Educator
Oct 22, 2010
Tennessee, United States
✟18,144.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Libertarian
KitKatMatt said:
Anything that teaches girls that they are only a cow valued for its milk, or a piece of tape valued for its stickiness, or a rose valued for its petals is horrible and needs to be stopped.

We are not sex objects. I do not exist just to be a "pure" body for my spouse to have sex with.

Agreed - and "purity" comes from one's hopes and dreams, intentions, desires, and care for humanity. It does not come from their genitalia.

• Agree
Upvote 0

JustMeSee

Contributor
Feb 9, 2008
In my living room.
✟23,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
david-magnusson-1.jpg

david-magnusson-2.jpg

And this one is really creepy:
david-magnusson-7.jpg

Upvote 0
D

DiligentlySeekingGod

This question has been bothering me for quiet sometime and I am a bit embarrassed to discuss this, but I don't know who to talk to about this issue. I will be 18 soon, and I know starting at that age, it's legal to buy intimate toys. My teen years have been rough abstaining from sexual activity. I want to save myself for my husband. However, my libido is still quiet high after all these years (even while pleasing myself) and the only solution I can think of to help my urges would to be buying a vibrator.

I've been praying about this for a long time, and that's the only thing that keeps coming back to me. I do not want to give in to inappropriate contentography (we obviously know that inappropriate content is a sin) but I cannot find anything about masturbation and use of sex toys in the Bible.

If I use a vibrator, I will stop using it once I am married. Sex is completely fulfilling so I hear, especially when it is between a husband and wife. I know using a toy/inappropriate content/etc instead of making love your spouse is a sin in God's eyes. But what about single people who are using it as a way to keep themselves pure? Would love some advice. :o

1 Thessalonians 4:3-5
3 For this is the will of God, your sanctification: that you should abstain from sexual immorality; 4 that each of you should know how to possess his own vessel in sanctification and honor, 5 not in passion of lust, like the Gentiles who do not know God."

I think that passage pretty well sums it up for you right there. However, I personally think that as a young impressionable Christian, it would have been better for you to have asked your question in the Ask A Chaplain forum or in the Christian Advice forum. Your question would have then been answered from a Godly, biblical perspective if you asked in one or both of those forums. I fear the answers you have received here thus far are not appropriate for your spiritual benefit and well being. Sex was created by God to be within the confines of marriage, between one man and one woman. That is what He ordained from the beginning. Speaking from personal experience, I was not a Christian when I married and I now wish I had abstained until I had married my husband. And now as a Christian mother of eight children (ages 20 to 6 years old), I strongly advise you to abstain from any form of sexual immorality. Sweetheart, Scripture is very clear on that, as I have demonstrated below. I have five daughters myself (ages 18, 16, 11, 8 and 6), so if you would like to talk to me, in private, please don't hesitate to send me a private message. I will be here to listen to you, if you ever need an older Christian woman to talk to. Please read the passages I have posted for you and then take your concerns before the Lord and let Him speak to your heart. I want you to know that I'm praying for you. Remain pure in the Lord, sweetheart.

2 Timothy 2:19 (underlined for emphasis)
"Let everyone who names the name of Christ depart from iniquity.”

Hebrews 13:4
"Marriage is honorable among all, and the bed undefiled; but fornicators and adulterers God will judge.

2 Timothy 2:22
"Flee also youthful lusts; but pursue righteousness, faith, love, peace with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart."

1 Corinthians 6:13b
"...Now the body is not for sexual immorality but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body."

2 Corinthians 7:1
"Therefore, having these promises, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God."

1 Corinthians 10:13
"No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it."

1 Corinthian 6:9-10 (underlined for emphasis)
Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.

Ephesians 5:3-7
(underlined for emphasis)
"3 But fornication and all uncleanness or covetousness, let it not even be named among you, as is fitting for saints; 4 neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor coarse jesting, which are not fitting, but rather giving of thanks. 5 For this you know, that no fornicator, unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God. 6 Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of these things the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience. 7 Therefore do not be partakers with them."

1 Corinthians 6:15-20 (underlined for emphasis)
"15 Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ? Shall I then take the members of Christ and make them members of a harlot? Certainly not! 16 Or do you not know that he who is joined to a harlot is one body with her? For “the two,” He says, “shall become one flesh.” 17 But he who is joined to the Lord is one spirit with Him. 18 Flee sexual immorality. Every sin that a man does is outside the body, but he who commits sexual immorality sins against his own body. 19 Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? 20 For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s."

Galatians 5:16-24 (underlined for emphasis)
"16 I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh. 17 For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish. 18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law. 19Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, 20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, 21 envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. 24 And those who are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires."

Last edited:
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Reeniee

Jul 22, 2012
✟9,027.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Greens
Thank you.

This kind of thinking screwed me up for years, made me hate myself, and made me hurt myself.

Me too. :(

I agree, but it's not just girls that are hurt by this unfortunately.

Sorry to hear that. I hope things have gotten better.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
This question has been bothering me for quiet sometime and I am a bit embarrassed to discuss this, but I don't know who to talk to about this issue. I will be 18 soon, and I know starting at that age, it's legal to buy intimate toys. My teen years have been rough abstaining from sexual activity. I want to save myself for my husband. However, my libido is still quiet high after all these years (even while pleasing myself) and the only solution I can think of to help my urges would to be buying a vibrator.

I've been praying about this for a long time, and that's the only thing that keeps coming back to me. I do not want to give in to inappropriate contentography (we obviously know that inappropriate content is a sin) but I cannot find anything about masturbation and use of sex toys in the Bible.

If I use a vibrator, I will stop using it once I am married. Sex is completely fulfilling so I hear, especially when it is between a husband and wife. I know using a toy/inappropriate content/etc instead of making love your spouse is a sin in God's eyes. But what about single people who are using it as a way to keep themselves pure? Would love some advice. :o

I haven't read the rest of the thread. I don't think there is anything sinful about using sex toys. The only caution I would give you is that, um, how to put it delicately?? .. the stimulation that you receive from a vibrator cannot be equaled by human stimulation, so there is a chance that if you become too accustomed to that means, you might not find manual stimulation quite as satisfying. If that doesn't make sense, you can always PM me! :)

Upvote 0

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Because, you know... I can barely leave the house without tripping over some stray cat straddling her vibrator.

I don't know what this comment refers to (I am reading the thread backwards, because Wednesday) but I almost choked when I read this post. ^_^^_^

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I'm not sure why there are pictures of people standing near farm equipment or animals on this thread ^_^

At a guess, they're those "purity" people. You know, that whole movement where daughters pledge their virginity to their fathers? With the well meaning but incestuous undertones?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Joykins

free Crazy Liz!
Jul 14, 2005
Down in Mary's Land
✟29,390.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
At a guess, they're those "purity" people. You know, that whole movement where daughters pledge their virginity to their fathers? With the well meaning but incestuous undertones?

I guess that explains the horses then. ^_^

Good grief I have heard of that and I am glad I came of age well before that fad, and that if I hadn't, I don't know if my father or I would have found it more mortifying.

Upvote 0

wanderingone

I'm not lost I'm just wandering
Jul 6, 2005
New York
✟30,779.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It would be a terrible idea to buy a sex toy before you are married. Staying pure includes refraining from ALL sexual activity. Make the pledge to stay pure. Sex tools and masturbation of any kind will tarnish the purpose of saving yourself for your future husband.

What would your future husband think of you doing these things?

God bless you!

So... kind of off topic... but..
... are you serious about the purity ball stuff being a good thing?
So creepy how obsessed these men are with their daughter's sexuality.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟489,034.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
What would your future husband think of you doing these things?
I, personally, would not mind. Most men would agree, I think.

The girls who pledge purity, wear purity rings and all that are just as likely to get it on as everyone else their age. They just feel guiltier afterwards.

Upvote 0

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married

<shudder>

Yes, the fathers should date their daughters movement. Uh, no. Husbands should date their wives. Nothing wrong with taking your daughters out for a meal, not saying that, but it does smack of men who are not very well connected to their daughters, so they have to behave towards them like a boyfriend. <more shuddering>

Upvote 0

Joykins

free Crazy Liz!
Jul 14, 2005
Down in Mary's Land
✟29,390.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I, personally, would not mind. Most men would agree, I think.

The girls who pledge purity, wear purity rings and all that are just as likely to get it on as everyone else their age. They just feel guiltier afterwards.

I have actually read statistics on this and it appears that there are some effects. The person's background (including religious background) has more of an effect on subsequent sexual behavior than the pledge per se. People who pledge and are not in a subculture that reinforces it tend to revert to whatever the norm is. On the other hand, people who pledge and remember that they have done so (not all do ^_^) tend to delay first intercourse by 18 months, engage in alternative sexual behaviors at a higher rate, and be at higher risk for STDs and pregnancy.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.