Do you think hell is on a literal planet?

Simon Peter

14th Generation PROTESTant
Mar 4, 2004
America
✟4,491.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Anyway, if the reports of hell are that the "fire is never quenched", then this is not going to be the case with the molten core of our planet. At least, not according to what science projects will happen!

FTR: I think the molten core is probably symbolic, but if it is literal Hell, then we must consider that there's going to be a new Heaven and a new Earth. It sounds like the new Earth has a more eternal quality about it, which may mean they are not subject to the physical laws we are familiar with, like cooling.

peace,
Simon

Upvote 0

Faulty

bind on pick up
Supporter
Apr 23, 2005
✟64,989.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yet sometimes all we have to do is think things through, and we can see the folly in Man's doctrine. Revealed truth may stand the test of time, but false doctrines come and go. :cool:

As for hell being the center of the Earth, it is scientifically known that eventually the rock there will cool and solidify. When this happens, the magnetic poles of the planet will cease to exist, and much of what we depend on for life on the surface of the planet will be no more. Not to mention the fact that the sun will expand at some point and gobble up the Earth, before exploding in a supernova.

Anyway, if the reports of hell are that the "fire is never quenched", then this is not going to be the case with the molten core of our planet. At least, not according to what science projects will happen!

Science also don't believe on the upcoming new heavens and new earth, nor do they believe in the power of God to sustain His creation, able to renew any star and planet at His whim.

Upvote 0

Simon Peter

14th Generation PROTESTant
Mar 4, 2004
America
✟4,491.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If Hell were a real place, it speaks volumes against the omnibenevolent nature afforded in an omniscient omnipresent omnipotent creator.

To create humans in deficit in the beginning, and to then not forgive the first mistake the first of our kind made in the garden but to then annoint as sinners all of humanity for infinity, allowing them to be born sinners due to that first mistake of Adam and Eve.

And to then create a place for the first Angel of God's creation to reside after let to live having failed in his leadership of a rebellion in Heaven, so that not only Ha Satan would reside in Hell but so to would those damned from birth, if they did not save themselves from God's judgment, is not evidence of a divine infinitely kind God.

However, it is evidence of sadistic men intent on scaring people into complying with the new doctrine.

"I tell you, my friends, do not be afraid of those who kill the body and after that can do no more.
But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear him who, after the killing of the body, has power to throw you into hell. Yes, I tell you, fear him.
Luke 12:4-5 (NIV)​

If anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.
Revelation 20:15 (NIV)​

Hell is described as a place of torment and agony where the fire never goes out.

In hell, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away,
with Lazarus by his side. So he called to him, 'Father Abraham, have pity on me
and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue,
because I am in agony in this fire.'
Luke 16:23-24 (NIV)​

In a similar way, Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns
gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion.
They serve as an example of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire.
Jude 1:7(NIV)​

4 For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but sent them to hell, putting them into gloomy dungeons to be held for judgment;
5 if he did not spare the ancient world when he brought the flood on its ungodly people, but protected Noah, a preacher of righteousness, and seven others;
6 if he condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah by burning them to ashes, and made them an example of what is going to happen to the ungodly;
2 Peter 2:4-6 (NIV)

peace,
Simon

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ajax 777

God is the Truth, not an opinion.
Supporter
Jun 6, 2005
✟117,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Indeed tis true. And yet, those sin filled men were not divine, they were not perfect, they were not God.

Ah, but see, Jesus Himself spoke on Hell. Are you saying He was sin-filled? Not perfect? Not divine?

Yet here, in your strange presumption, you (sin-filled, not divine, not perfect) sit, armed with your pridefulness and silly minutiae, believing yourself more "enlightened" in your understanding than pure faith in the Lord.

Pardon me for taking offense, but I find your posturing and pontificating deeply insulting.

So attempting to insult me fails you. :amen:

Great. I'll be sure and file that little gem away. :doh:

It is historic fact.

And the dish ran away with the spoon.

I'll take God's words over your "facts" any day of the week.

Nothing new under the sun indeed. For some, ignorance is bliss. For others, knowledge is power.

And for some, enough rope to hang themselves makes them think they are blessed with an abundance.

To quote the learned physician, "Duh!"

And may God bless your steps.

And may you learn to watch yours. "Professing to be wise, they became fools." Perhaps there is more to history than your "facts" have revealed, eh?

Last edited:
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

Faulty

bind on pick up
Supporter
Apr 23, 2005
✟64,989.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Indeed tis true. And yet, those sin filled men were not divine, they were not perfect, they were not God.

They sat in judgment of that what they viewed as scrolls, letters, etc... and appointed themselves as rational men empowered with the right to appoint unto themselves the authority to designate what God's word would read as. Professing they were channeling the Holy Spirit in the process. And yet, if true, there would be no errors or contradictions within the final product. Such, is not the case. As Bible Scholars will attest.

Not to forget of course the influence of emperor Constantine and the Council of Nicea—the first general council of the Christian church convened in 325 A.D.

Or the vital importance of the Autographs, now lost to us.

Most Christians know all this.

Most Christians know that the Bible was compiled by the efforts of over 40 different authors from all walks of life. Which in itself speaks now to any Christian who examples prejudice in any form, in the name of their faith, toward any person.

When, if racism, etc... were Godly, 40 different authors from all walks of life would not be responsible for the Book those dwelling in the sin of antipathy and/or bigotry use to defend their satanic behavior, because the Holy Spirit would have exercised that discrimination first if it were of God. As those who in the flesh example it now using the excuse God's word compels them.

The canonization process undertaken to create what is todays Bible is not my presumption.

So attempting to insult me fails you. :amen:

It is historic fact.

Nothing new under the sun indeed. For some, ignorance is bliss. For others, knowledge is power.

Choose. :angel: And may God bless your steps.

The Biblical Keys to Canonization

The Old Testament Periods of Canonization

"Did God really say...?"

Has a familiar ring to it.

The NT books accepted can all be recreated from the writings of the 1st century authors, excluding about 14 verses of Mark. So, we know what the early church had, used, and believed, and what was not there.

Now, of course, that Mark text which is missing from early 1st century writings is about to change: Gospel of Mark Fragments Reportedly Found; Possibly Oldest NT Artifacts, Christian News

Upvote 0

Prayer Circle

Feb 4, 2012
OK, Why am I in this handbasket?
✟1,539.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ah, but see, Jesus Himself spoke on Hell. Are you saying He was sin-filled? Not perfect? Not divine?

Yet here, in your strange presumption, you (sin-filled, not divine, not perfect) sit, armed with your pridefulness and silly minutiae, believing yourself more "enlightened" in your understanding than pure faith in the Lord.

Pardon me for taking me offense, but I find your posturing and pontificating deeply insulting.
That is your free willed choice.

However, I will not comport my opinion, nor the knowledge I've gleaned, as can anyone, from what is written on the subject of Hell by others, including Biblical Scholars, so as to pander to your weak sin filled sense of self righteousness and pride, in thinking I should.

You're deeply insulted. Not my intent, of course. I don't know you.
This thread asks, as does virtually all postings in a discussion forum such as this, for personal observations, opinions, information, if requested, on various subjects relative to the theme, etc...

You don't approve of what I say.
I don't care. :) The truth, the doctrine, the allegory, the "versions" , the Hebrew Sheol historic facts, do not need to comport to your sense of understanding what you need to understand in order to feel secure in what you think you know.

As to the rest of your screed and attempt yet again at a personal insult toward me, which yet again fails :amen:, I have arrived at the decision that you are one who is very young for their age and very insecure.
I do not tolerate verbal abuse, nor do I give it in return. Your sin will not feast in kind from me.

God Bless your steps. :amen:

Upvote 0

Ajax 777

God is the Truth, not an opinion.
Supporter
Jun 6, 2005
✟117,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That is your free willed choice....blah blah blahblahblah and also blah, followed by yet more blah.

Well, I'm sorry you have learned to delude yourself so effectively.

May the Lord remove your blinders with kindness and gentleness.

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Alpine

Resident Sojourner
Sep 19, 2005
Wisconsin
✟25,655.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The canonization process undertaken to create what is todays Bible is not my presumption.

So much of what is the NT is quoted in the letters of the early church fathers (from the first couple centuries) that you could piece together a copy of the nt almost just from their letters alone. Besides the great amount of copies of transcripts that all are nearly identical to one another we should have confidence that the nt that we have is for the most part a pure copy from the original source.

(edit -- just read faulty's similar argument :)

Upvote 0

Deba

The Lord is my shepherd I shall not want (period)
Jul 8, 2007
An American living in Laos
✟13,167.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
I think hell might be a literal place under the ocean.

It seems maybe unclean spirits can't move through water (since they seem to prefer waterless places.)

Matt 12:43 "Now when the unclean spirit goes out of a man, it passes through waterless places seeking rest, and does not find it.”

Luke 11:24 "When the unclean spirit goes out of a man it passes through waterless places seeking rest, and not finding any, it says, 'I will return to my house from which I came.”

Have you ever studied hydrothermal vents? Fascinating. Tubeworms and other organisms live in the superheated, toxic gas plumes.
What is a hydrothermal vent?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Alpine

Resident Sojourner
Sep 19, 2005
Wisconsin
✟25,655.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think hell might be a literal place under the ocean.

It seems maybe unclean spirits can't move through water (since they seem to prefer waterless places.)

Matt 12:43 "Now when the unclean spirit goes out of a man, it passes through waterless places seeking rest, and does not find it.”

Luke 11:24 "When the unclean spirit goes out of a man it passes through waterless places seeking rest, and not finding any, it says, 'I will return to my house from which I came.”

Have you ever studied hydrothermal vents? Fascinating. Tubeworms and other organisms live in the superheated, toxic gas plumes.
What is a hydrothermal vent?

interesting perspective

Upvote 0

Deba

The Lord is my shepherd I shall not want (period)
Jul 8, 2007
An American living in Laos
✟13,167.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
wherever it may be, is it important?

No. But it is interesting to try and discover some of God's secrets that He has given us in the Bible to seek out. In this case, the journey is more instructive than the destination.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Laura Phillips

Laura Phillips
Mar 5, 2012
Heaven
✟8,052.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Green
When the scriptures were written, I doubt they knew much about the lower regions of the Earth being molten lakes of fire.

and fancy what that added to the fantasy when they found out the truth.....!

Upvote 0