Do you think Christians sin? If so, what common unconfessed sins do you think Jesus forgives?

ColoRaydo

Feb 9, 2017
Colorado
✟33,572.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I absolutely believe Christians still sin.

Christians on this forum have told me, specifically, that they no longer sin and that unintentional sins don’t count, however. I disagree.

What so many people tend to focus on are big visible sins: adultery, murder, homosexuality, etc.

Almost no one ever gives a second thought to self-centeredness, unforgiveness, resentments, even worry - which is not trusting God- which is sin.

How about this: is it a sin for me who is physically fit and in good health to eat a 1,000 calorie dessert? Probably not. What about for a person with diabetes? Probably. In like manner, I am a sober (for 10 years) alcoholic in recovery. I firmly believe that it would be a sin for me to even try to enjoy a glass of wine, but not so for a non-alcoholic.

Unintentional sin is still sin. Whether it’s through ignorance or an unintended reaction to something. It shows our natural fallen state.

Do we need to confess and repent? Yes!

If we die before we have truly confessed and repented do we lose our salvation? Knowing and agreeing we have sinned is one thing. Not caring if we have sinned is something else.

Will we ever be able to eliminate all sin in our lives? I say no. That’s why we are covered by Christ’s sacrifice. If we could truly become sinless we really wouldn’t need it. If one thinks salvation is in jeopardy every time we wake up because of possible sin that will only be forgiven if they confess and repent immediately, it makes me wonder if they are counting on Christ’s blood or their own goodness.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Everybody sins every day, Christians included of course.
M-Bob
“Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.” (1 John 3:9–10)

Upvote 0

CodyFaith

Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2016
Canada
✟158,594.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Your post #32?
I control my thoughts. Just not in a way that makes me oppressed.

There is grace in accepting that some parts of you will only be changed with time. Attitude problems that are deeply ingrained in you.

And I'll leave this thread on that note. Not out of fear, but because I've said all I felt like I needed to say.

If you feel oppressed, by anything folks, by sweet words or words that seem wise, it is not from God. God does not oppress nor give yolks of bondage. You were slaves in Egypt, but not any longer.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I control my thoughts. Just not in a way that makes me oppressed.

There is grace in accepting that some parts of you will only be changed with time. Attitude problems that are deeply ingrained in you.

And I'll leave this thread on that note. Not out of fear, but because I've said all I felt like I needed to say.

If you feel oppressed, by anything folks, by sweet words or words that seem wise, it is not from God. God does not oppress nor give yolks of bondage. You were slaves in Egypt, but not any longer.
Sin binds, truth and righteousness sets free.

Upvote 0

CodyFaith

Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2016
Canada
✟158,594.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Believe in Jesus Christ and have all your sin forgiven - past, present and future. Trust his blood to pay the penalty of all your sin.

Find out from God and God alone if you are truly converted. And once you know this from God, do not allow Satan to whisper in words of doubts or fear. Take up the helmet of salvation daily. You are eternally saved, and your minor sinful habits are not evidence of being unconverted, nor is God going to crush you like a child does an ant in a cruel manner. Do not let others yolk you and instead preach the gospel boldly.

Till the saved see each other in Heaven.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
“Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.” (1 John 3:9–10)

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I believe what the word teaches.

1. We are dead to sin. Romans 6:2
2. A Christian cannot sin. 1 John 3:9
3. We are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit. Romans 8:9

However, when we read all of Scripture, we see that it is "willful" sin that the apostles are talking about. Some denominations teach that all sin is willful. No, willful sins are sins unto death. But there are sins that are NOT unto death. We find in Leviticus 5:15 that trespasses are not "willful" sins, they are unwittingly committed. So there are imperfections of character or fruit of the Spirit that we commit, but are not knowingly committing a "sin." So what happens to these sins if we don't even know we commit them and cannot name them to repent? 1 John 1:7 talks of walking in the Spirit, but at the end sins are being cleansed. I see those as these trespasses that we don't even know we are committing, and Jesus, our Advocate, cleanses them.

Therefore, when we come to Christ and are baptized with His Spirit, all our past sins are taken out of us - willful sins and trespasses. We are completely cleansed. We don't even have a desire to commit them any more. Jesus frees us from sin. John 8:34-36. And the Spirit empowers us to fulfill the righteous requirements of the law. Some denominations erroneously teach that Jesus blood merely covers our sin, while they are still there. And only when we receive a new body are they taken away. Rubbish! They are confusing the blood of bulls and goats with the blood of Jesus. Jesus' blood is powerful and cleanses us completely - Now! Even the desire is gone.

Trespasses become less and less as we grow in the Holy Spirit, maturing the fruit. As we grow in love, our sensitivity to others grows.

When the Old Covenant (used to be in effect at one time in the past): There were certain conditions that needed to be met in order to cover even "sins of ignorance." They were not automatically just forgiven. In Leviticus 4, we learn that certain conditions in offering a sacrifice needed to be met (See Leviticus 4:3, Leviticus 4:14, Leviticus 4:23, Leviticus 4:28).

Sins of ignorance included guilt (Leviticus 5:17).

17 "And if a soul sins, and commits any of these things which are forbidden to be done by the commandments of the LORD; though he knew it not, yet is he guilty, and shall bear his iniquity.
18 And he shall bring a ram without blemish out of the flock, with your valuation, for a trespass offering, unto the priest: and the priest shall make an atonement for him concerning his ignorance wherein he erred and knew it not, and it shall be forgiven him." (Leviticus 5:17-18).​

In other words, the sin of ignorance needed to brought to the person's attention whereby they needed to make atonement for his guilt in breaking the Law (once that Law was brought to his attention that he broke). It is no different today, the Holy Spirit (and not a priest or fellow Israelite) convicts us of our sin; For the Holy Spirit even convicts the world of their sin (See John 16:8). There is no automatic forgiveness of sin if someone sinned even if they were without Law.

"For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;" (Romans 2:12).​

There are many today, who think certain sins are not sins. I have talked with people on the forum who think inappropriate content is not a grievous sin. They honestly and truly believe it is not a grievous sin unto death (but in reality it is a grievous sin that destroys their soul) whether they realize that fact or not (i.e. "sin of ignorance").

Today, many wrongfully think you need to commit lots of sin habitually in order to be condemned of that sin. This means that in order for them to be considered an adulterer, they have to be committing adultery all the time and not on occasion or even one time. However, we learn from the Law that a person who committed adultery once was still considered an adulterer according to the Old Law and both participants in that adultery were worthy of the punishment of death (Leviticus 20:10).

It only took one act of murder to be considered a murderer (See Numbers 35:16-18). There was no immediate forgiveness if the person was not aware that they were not committing murder. If they murdered in ignorance, it would need to be brought forth with guilt whereby they would want to make atonement for it with the sacrifice of an animal before the congregation. If they didn't care, obviously they would not care to make atonement for their sin.

Unknown sins, unwittingly committed.

Proverbs 6:32 says,
"But whosoever commits adultery with a woman lacks understanding: he that does it destroys his own soul."

There is no rule of exception of automatic forgiveness mentioned anywhere in the Bible if a person were to commit this sin in ignorance (even if it was done one time). Sin always eventually would be brought forth to the attention to an individual, and if they felt guilty over it and wanted to get right with GOD, they needed to make atonement before the congregation in the OT. In the NT, we have the Spirit to convict us to repent (seek forgiveness of our sin) with the Lord Jesus Christ (as Him being our high priest). We are not forgiven automatically of sins of ignorance, but such sins will be brought to our attention whereby we need to confess them to Jesus in order to be forgiven again. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness (1 John 1:9).

Even murder in the NT is considered a loss of salvation. For 1 John 3:15 says no murderer has eternal life abiding in him. This would mean that even a murderer who murders even once in ignorance is not forgiven because 1 John 3:15 says NO murderer has eternal life abiding in him. They need to repent (seek forgiveness with the Lord) over their murder and not repeat such a grievous sin again.

I believe the "sin not not unto death" in 1 John 5:16-17 is talking about "confessed sin" (Which lines up with 1 John 2:1, and 1 John 1:9) in the context of the same epistle. The "sin that leads to death" are those sins that a person is refusing to confess. This is similar to the gnostic belief that denied the existence of sin or thought sin was an illusion, whereby they would say, "we have no sin" (1 John 1:8) because sin doesn't exist for them. Today, Christian Scientists believe sin is an illusion, so 1 John 1:8 would be a warning to them not to think that way. Today, we have OSAS Proponents who think that their future sins are paid for and as a result, they are in part denying the existence of sin because they think that when they do sin physically, their sins are forgiven on a spiritual level by Jesus. Meaning, when they sin, they are technically not sinning in the eyes of God because of their belief on Jesus. They are saying, "we have no sin" (1 John 1:8). But John says we need to confess sin in order to be forgiven of sin (1 John 1:9).

Side Note:

The context of 1 John 5:16-17 does not mention anything about your version of sins done in ignorance. We have stick to the context of John's epistle to define our terms on what a "sin unto death" is and what a "sin not unto death" is. 1 John 1:9 is the "sin not unto death." 1 John 1:8 is the "sin unto death."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Cursing probably,

"For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned." (Matthew 12:37).

"But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment." (Matthew 12:36).

He that keeps his mouth keeps his life: but he that opens wide his lips shall have destruction." (Proverbs 13:3).

"And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell." (James 3:6).

18 "But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.
19 For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:
20 These are the things which defile a man: but to eat with unwashen hands defileth not a man." (Matthew 15:18-20).

but it should be confessed.

Yes, it should be confessed so that a person can be forgiven. For if we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins (1 John 1:9). It is not if we continue to keep believing in Jesus alone, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins. We have to confess in order to be forgiven again.

As far as lying, the new testament prohibits what we today call fraud, meaning lying to obtain something. That wouldn't be covered.

Lying would also include just telling a lie, too. All liars will have their part in the Lake of Fire (Revelation 21:8). There are no exceptions to the rule of certain kinds of liars. All liars will have their part in the Lake of Fire (unless they repent, i.e. seek forgiveness of theirs sins with the Lord Jesus Christ - of course).

If the fish that got away is a lot bigger by the time you get home, I don't know.

The Bible is clear on what kinds of sins can condemn us and which sins do not condemn us. Studying to find out which ones they are is important to keeping our souls right with GOD so we can confess and forsake any grievous sin in our lives and protect our souls for eternity and stay in the love of Jesus.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Reactions: Dave L
Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Spirit-filled follower of Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
When the Old Covenant (used to be in effect at one time in the past): There were certain conditions that needed to be met in order to cover even "sins of ignorance." They were not automatically just forgiven. In Leviticus 4, we learn that certain conditions in offering a sacrifice needed to be met (See Leviticus 4:3, Leviticus 4:14, Leviticus 4:23, Leviticus 4:28).

Sins of ignorance included guilt (Leviticus 5:17).

17 "And if a soul sins, and commits any of these things which are forbidden to be done by the commandments of the LORD; though he knew it not, yet is he guilty, and shall bear his iniquity.
18 And he shall bring a ram without blemish out of the flock, with your valuation, for a trespass offering, unto the priest: and the priest shall make an atonement for him concerning his ignorance wherein he erred and knew it not, and it shall be forgiven him." (Leviticus 5:17-18).​

In other words, the sin of ignorance needed to brought to the person's attention whereby they needed to make atonement for his guilt in breaking the Law (once that Law was brought to his attention that he broke). It is no different today, the Holy Spirit (and not a priest or fellow Israelite) convicts us of our sin; For the Holy Spirit even convicts the world of their sin (See John 16:8). There is no automatic forgiveness of sin if someone sinned even if they were without Law.

"For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;" (Romans 2:12).​

There are many today, who think certain sins are not sins. I have talked with people on the forum who think inappropriate content is not a grievous sin. They honestly and truly believe it is not a grievous sin unto death (but in reality it is a grievous sin that destroys their soul) whether they realize that fact or not (i.e. "sin of ignorance").

Today, many wrongfully think you need to commit lots of sin habitually in order to be condemned of that sin. This means that in order for them to be considered an adulterer, they have to be committing adultery all the time and not on occasion or even one time. However, we learn from the Law that a person who committed adultery once was still considered an adulterer according to the Old Law and both participants in that adultery were worthy of the punishment of death (Leviticus 20:10).

It only took one act of murder to be considered a murderer (See Numbers 35:16-18). There was no immediate forgiveness if the person was not aware that they were not committing murder. If they murdered in ignorance, it would need to be brought forth with guilt whereby they would want to make atonement for it with the sacrifice of an animal before the congregation. If they didn't care, obviously they would not care to make atonement for their sin.

"But whosoever commits adultery with a woman lacks understanding: he that does it destroys his own soul."

There is no rule of exception of automatic forgiveness mentioned anywhere in the Bible if a person were to commit this sin in ignorance (even if it was done one time). Sin always eventually would be brought forth to the attention to an individual, and if they felt guilty over it and wanted to get right with GOD, they needed to make atonement before the congregation in the OT. In the NT, we have the Spirit to convict us to repent (seek forgiveness of our sin) with the Lord Jesus Christ (as Him being our high priest). We are not forgiven automatically of sins of ignorance, but such sins will be brought to our attention whereby we need to confess them to Jesus in order to be forgiven again. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness (1 John 1:9).

Even murder in the NT is considered a loss of salvation. For 1 John 3:15 says no murderer has eternal life abiding in him. This would mean that even a murderer who murders even once in ignorance is not forgiven because 1 John 3:15 says NO murderer has eternal life abiding in him. They need to repent (seek forgiveness with the Lord) over their murder and not repeat such a grievous sin again.

I believe the "sin not not unto death" in 1 John 5:16-17 is talking about "confessed sin" (Which lines up with 1 John 2:1, and 1 John 1:9) in the context of the same epistle. The "sin that leads to death" are those sins that a person is refusing to confess. This is similar to the gnostic belief that denied the existence of sin or thought sin was an illusion, whereby they would say, "we have no sin" (1 John 1:8) because sin doesn't exist for them. Today, Christian Scientists believe sin is an illusion, so 1 John 1:8 would be a warning to them not to think that way. Today, we have OSAS Proponents who think that their future sins are paid for and as a result, they are in part denying the existence of sin because they think that when they do sin physically, their sins are forgiven on a spiritual level by Jesus. Meaning, when they sin, they are technically not sinning in the eyes of God because of their belief on Jesus. They are saying, "we have no sin" (1 John 1:8). But John says we need to confess sin in order to be forgiven of sin (1 John 1:9).

Side Note:

The context of 1 John 5:16-17 does not mention anything about your version of sins done in ignorance. We have stick to the context of John's epistle to define our terms on what a "sin unto death" is and what a "sin not unto death" is. 1 John 1:9 is the "sin not unto death." 1 John 1:8 is the "sin unto death."

Yes, we are not on the same page, and I do not agree with many of your thoughts you believe are scriptural and that mine are not. But, I too have based mine on scripture. For instance, your example of adultery as done in ignorance, adultery is "lawlessness," a "willful" sin 1 John 3:4. It is a sin unto death, and not a trespass. So is fornication. They are not cleansed by our Advocate and need to be repented of and repeated no more, before forgiveness can be made. God will not be mocked.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Holy Spirit doesn't let us get away with wilfull sin.

We will always be sinners however

What you just said here is a contradiction.

You are saying GOD does not let you get away with willful sin, but yet you made a willful sin statement by saying you will always sin (at some point in the future). That is a contradictory statement. That would be like saying, I cannot get away with eating ice cream because it will make me fat, and yet we will always be ice cream eaters. Nobody can stop eating ice cream!

I have news for you. People with human programs can stop sinning. They are called drug rehabilitation programs. People have overcome the sin of alcoholism by human ways. But with Jesus, He can do so much more.

Romans 13:14 says,
"But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof."

Folks do not have to be slaves to their sin.

Jesus criticized the Pharisees because of their sin. He told them, he that sins is a slave to sin (See John 8:34). Paul says we can be slaves to righteousness.

"You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness." (Romans 6:18) (NIV).

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes, we are not on the same page, and I do not agree with many of your thoughts you believe are scriptural and that mine are not. But, I too have based mine on scripture. For instance, your example of adultery as done in ignorance, adultery is "lawlessness," a "willful" sin 1 John 3:4. It is a sin unto death, and not a trespass. So is fornication. They are not cleansed by our Advocate and need to be repented of and repeated no more, before forgiveness can be made. God will not be mocked.

In Scripture we see that there were no provisions made for the man that had sinned presumptuously (Numbers 15:22-31).

In Luke 12:47-48 Jesus makes a distinction in the punishment of the man who sins against his knowledge, and the man who sins in ignorance. The man who sins against his knowledge will be "beaten with many stripes," while the man who sins through ignorance will be beaten with "few stripes." It should be observed that the man who sinned through ignorance was still accountable for his sins. He was punished for them; he did receive stripes, though they were few stripes. Thus, ignorance does not excuse a man from the responsibility for his sins. Jesus taught that the man who sinned in ignorance, "though he wist it not, yet is he guilty, and he shall bear his iniquity."

Source used:
Sins Of Ignorance!
(Note: I agree with this part of the article, this does not mean I agree with everything this website teaches).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Do you think Christians sin?
If so, what common unconfessed sins do you think Jesus forgives?

For example: Do you think lying, or cursing, or inappropriate content (lusting), hating, coveting are automatically covered by the blood of Jesus by having a belief alone on Him?
forgiveness is not the point. so what sins we have or don't have is meaningless and grace is indiscriminate; its goal is restored relationship with God, forgiveness is just a nessarily path to get there.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Sure, if we repent of them, and move on. Do you not know we are to repent of our sins? If we sin without concern on a regular basis/live in that sin, we got a problem, plain and simple.

I am 100% fully aware that a Christian needs to repent of their sin, friend. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

No confession (or no repentance) and there is no forgiveness. Many today do not think you have to confess sin to be forgiven, but they think all you need is a belief on Jesus. They think confession of sin is merely to restore fellowship.

Believers cannot be out of fellowship with the Lord and be saved.

#1. 1 John 5:12 says He that has the Son has life and He that does not have the Son does not have life. Life is associated with eternal life or salvation.

#2. John 17:3 says eternal life is in knowing the one true God, Jesus Christ. Knowing implies a fellowship. So if you don't know Jesus, then you don't have life (Salvation).

#3. Romans 8:9 says if he a man does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to him.

#4. Psalms 73:27 says God will destroy all those who abandon Him (or go a whoring from Him).

#5. John 15:6 says if a man does not abide in Him, he is cast forth and burned.

#6. 1 John 1:7 says if we walk in the Light as He is in the Light, the blood of Jesus Christ cleanses us from all sin. Being cleansed of sin is salvation; If you were to contrast this with 1 John 2:4, it says that person who says they know the Lord and does keep His commandments is a liar and the truth is not in them. Revelation 21:8 says all liars will have their part in the Lake of Fire.

#7. Romans 11:21-22 says if you do not continue in his goodness you will be cut off. For if God spared not the natural branches (i.e. the Jews), take heed that he can do the same to you (i.e. Gentile believers). The analogy here is that you are branch and Christ is the tree. We need to continue in Christ's righteousness or goodness, not our own righteousness or goodness, or we will be cut off because of unbelief.

#8. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates? (2 Corinthians 13:5).​

Jesus said, "No, but unless you repent, you shall all likewise perish." (Luke 13:3). Repentance is supposed to be followed by the fruits of repentance (i.e. good deeds). If not, a person is not truly sorry and they are just paying lip service to GOD (whereby they honor the Lord with their lips but their hearts are far from Him).

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
forgiveness is not the point. so what sins we have or don't have is meaningless and grace is indiscriminate; its goal is restored relationship with God, forgiveness is just a nessarily path to get there.

What?!

No. The Bible says, "For godly sorrow works repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world works death." (2 Corinthians 7:10).

Jesus says,"No, but unless you repent, you shall all likewise perish." (Luke 13:3).

So in order to have repentance, you need to have a Godly sorrow (Which means you are going to want to seek forgiveness with the Lord).

Peter tells Simon to repent of his wickedness by way of a prayer towards God in the hope that he may be forgiven of his sin of trying to pay for the Spirit.

"Repent therefore of this your wickedness, and pray God, if perhaps the thought of your heart may be forgiven you." (Acts of the Apostles 8:22).

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Do you not believe Christ's blood is the all efficacious remedy for sin?

George Sodini sure thought the way you did, and he murdered a bunch of people and took his own life (See this article here to learn more about him). In his suicide letter, he declared that his sins would be paid for by Jesus because of his Eternal Security belief. Kids and adults have committed suicide thinking they would be saved as a result of OSAS (See this article here and here; Note: Beware, one of these links has a bloody graphic image).

1 John 3:15 says,
"Whosoever hates his brother is a murderer: and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him."

We have to confess and forsake sin to have mercy (See 1 John 1:9, 1 John 1:7, Proverbs 28:13, Matthew 12:41 cf. with Jonah 3:6-10).

Anyways, in light of these facts, I do not think willful rebellion against God is covered by just having a belief on Jesus. That means Hitler could have been saved by having a belief on Jesus all while slaughtering the Jews.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What?!

No. The Bible says, "For godly sorrow works repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world works death." (2 Corinthians 7:10).

Jesus says,"No, but unless you repent, you shall all likewise perish." (Luke 13:3).

So in order to have repentance, you need to have a Godly sorrow (Which means you are going to want to seek forgiveness with the Lord).

Peter tells Simon to repent of his wickedness by way of a prayer towards God in the hope that he may be forgiven of his sin of trying to pay for the Spirit.

"Repent therefore of this your wickedness, and pray God, if perhaps the thought of your heart may be forgiven you." (Acts of the Apostles 8:22).
we need to be spotless to come before God and in order to do this we need forgiveness but the goal is not forgiveness it's the coming to God part. I don't think grace cares what sins stand in the way so long as we are inline with the goal.

Upvote 0