Do you think Christians sin? If so, what common unconfessed sins do you think Jesus forgives?

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟760,777.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
If you were to think like a detective investigating a crime scene and think about how humans behave and their motives involved, you would come to the conclusion that your belief here simply does not work.

They made a mistake. A grievous mistake, but a mistake nonetheless. Had they known just how offensive this withholding was going to be in the sight of God, I could probably incline more towards your conclusion on this matter. But there really was an element of ignorance on their part.

If the church knew Ananais and Sapphira were saved, fear would be the last thing on their minds

I disagree. The taking of their lives was still a great demonstration of the mighty power and authority of Yahweh over His new congregation. Striking them dead served as a warning and I would think such an act would enough to instill His people a sober obedience for the omniscience of God.

we would not experience fear because our life here is merely the trial of our faith

I disagree. I don't believe that the normal human reaction to the smiting of fellow congregates is to be indifferent or celebrate necessarily, but rather to react with shock and awe. Taking their lives accomplished that warning.

they would rejoice and or feel comforted that they are in the arms of the Lord. Fear would not be the emotion the church would feel if the church knew they were saved.

I'm sure they did. The sudden unexpectedness of their deaths and the uncertainty of God's hand is enough to illicit such a reaction.

Her life is used as an example of how she was seeking to save her old life

Or she was just curious.

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟734,719.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am not against God's grace. But God's grace is not a license for justifying even one grievous sin (Which you appear to disagree with because you think it takes lots of grievous sin to be separated from God).

Not really, I don't believe that a person has to commit lots of grievous sin to be separated from God. But I also do not believe that it is a one time sin that separates a person. In our current state, born into a world of sin, and temptation, it is not just one almighty sin that separates us from God, it is a lifestyle of choosing sin over God.

Take Judas as an example, his condemnation was not that he betrayed Jesus, it was that he was a thief and stole from the money bag. His outward betrayal came about as a result of his inward lifestyle as a thief. The same could be said of any other example in the bible of God's punishment coming upon a person, just because we see a judgment of an action does not mean that the single sin was their undoing.

Rom 6:16 Do you not know that if you present yourselves to anyone as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one whom you obey, either of sin, which leads to death, or of obedience, which leads to righteousness?

As a Christian we have grace, we are forgiven, now in the present. But the outcome of whether we make it to heaven or not, does rest on our obedience. If we continually, without repentance (refuse turning from and leaving behind), submit our selves to sin. We will be overcome by it.

But sin works in this way, it blinds us to the truth of grace.

Heb 3:13 But exhort one another every day, as long as it is called “today,” that none of you may be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin.

A person is justified by grace. But sin is deceitful, it blinds us to truth. When we sin God corrects us, this correction is often unpleasant.

Heb 12:5-9 And have you forgotten the exhortation that addresses you as sons? “My son, do not regard lightly the discipline of the Lord, nor be weary when reproved by him. For the Lord disciplines the one he loves, and chastises every son whom he receives.” It is for discipline that you have to endure. God is treating you as sons. For what son is there whom his father does not discipline? If you are left without discipline, in which all have participated, then you are illegitimate children and not sons. Besides this, we have had earthly fathers who disciplined us and we respected them. Shall we not much more be subject to the Father of spirits and live?

Job 36:8-13 Job 36:8 And if they are bound in chains and caught in the cords of affliction, then he declares to them their work and their transgressions, that they are behaving arrogantly. He opens their ears to instruction and commands that they return from iniquity. If they listen and serve him, they complete their days in prosperity, and their years in pleasantness. But if they do not listen, they perish by the sword and die without knowledge. “The godless in heart cherish anger; they do not cry for help when he binds them.

Note the way God works, as shown in Job.

a) And if they are bound in chains and caught in the cords of affliction
b) then he declares to them their work and their transgressions, that they are behaving arrogantly
c) He opens their ears to instruction and commands that they return from iniquity
d) If they listen and serve him, they complete their days in prosperity, and their years in pleasantness. But if they do not listen, they perish by the sword and die without knowledge.

When a person sins, God afflicts them, often allowing Satan access to torment them. He then tells them they have sinned, and commands them to stop. If they stop, they are restored. If not they perish without knowledge. Note the last part of the verse they loose knowledge, they loose knowlegde of grace, they no longer believe.

Notice in:

1Co 5:5 To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

Paul tells the church to deliver a sinner to Satan's power, why? So they will repent, and be saved in the day of the LORD.

Also God does this often times, as we see from Job. It is not just one sin that kills a man, but a process, of unrepentant works.

Job 33:27-29 He sings before men and says: ‘I sinned and perverted what was right, and it was not repaid to me. He has redeemed my soul from going down into the pit, and my life shall look upon the light.’ “Behold, God does all these things, twice, three times, with a man, to bring back his soul from the pit, that he may be lighted with the light of life.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, I believe that what I said is clear by the verses I posted; But whatever words you choose or I choose, I agree with you that we have to confess and forsake sin in order to have mercy (salvation) (Proverbs 28:13). Many others here would disagree with that, though. We should pray for them on that.

May God bless you today.
isn't it good that conversing is also about agreeing . :)

here is a thought
..when Noah and his family got on the ark ... they believed god and got on it because he said this is the way to be saved ..so they obeyed that good news (Gospel if you like) of the ark .
when we believe God- he said "this is my beloved son listen to him"- to be saved
we believe Him we DO what Jesus says in order to be saved .
we Get IN Christ .

now when noah was ON the ark .. he was "BEING" saved from the judgment of god while that judgment was being poured out ..he was never saved from the flood until the flood was gone .(had he got out of the ark he would certainly perish) he was being saved from it" by" the ark .and so after the flood was gone he came out of the ark and was then once and forever saved from the judgment of the flood ...

just so when we are IN Christ and we are "being saved "... and after the judgment of God is DONE .. we will then be once and forever saved .
you see i believe in once saved always saved ..once the process of BEING saved is done .. but until it is done -we must STAY IN THE ARK of the lord Jesus .
and to do so means to DIE to self and consistently increasingly obey the lord Jesus
and any one who continues to knowingly practice sin (which includes Not doing what he has told us we ARE to do ) ..is simply not IN Christ in the first place .

(yes i can argue it with those who disagree to the detriment of many or i can converse about it with you in agreement :) )

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
isn't it good that conversing is also about agreeing . :)

here is a thought
..when Noah and his family got on the ark ... they believed god and got on it because he said this is the way to be saved ..so they obeyed that good news (Gospel if you like) of the ark .
when we believe God- he said "this is my beloved son listen to him"- to be saved
we believe Him we DO what Jesus says in order to be saved .
we Get IN Christ .

now when noah was ON the ark .. he was "BEING" saved from the judgment of god while that judgment was being poured out ..he was never saved from the flood until the flood was gone .(had he got out of the ark he would certainly perish) he was being saved from it" by" the ark .and so after the flood was gone he came out of the ark and was then once and forever saved from the judgment of the flood ...

just so when we are IN Christ and we are "being saved "... and after the judgment of God is DONE .. we will then be once and forever saved .
you see i believe in once saved always saved ..once the process of BEING saved is done .. but until it is done -we must STAY IN THE ARK of the lord Jesus .
and to do so means to DIE to self and consistently increasingly obey the lord Jesus
and any one who continues to knowingly practice sin (which includes Not doing what he has told us we ARE to do ) ..is simply not IN Christ in the first place .

(yes i can argue it with those who disagree to the detriment of many or i can converse about it with you in agreement :) )

But Noah still sinned after getting out of the Ark. He got drunk and his wife was impregnated by Ham (Which produced the offspring of Canaan); Hence, why Canaan was cursed. Canaan was a by-product of sexual immorality. The Canaanites were then later wiped out; And Biblical History repeated itself. Lot's daughters got their father drunk and they had children by him and these descendants (of an incestous relationship) were later wiped out again.

Anyways, Noah's sin started a sin filled chain reaction that needed to eventually be eradicated.

To learn more about the story of Ham and Noah, check out this thread here:

Biblical Metaphors Shed Light on Ham's Sin in Noah's Tent.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Not really, I don't believe that a person has to commit lots of grievous sin to be separated from God. But I also do not believe that it is a one time sin that separates a person. In our current state, born into a world of sin, and temptation, it is not just one almighty sin that separates us from God, it is a lifestyle of choosing sin over God.

Take Judas as an example, his condemnation was not that he betrayed Jesus, it was that he was a thief and stole from the money bag. His outward betrayal came about as a result of his inward lifestyle as a thief. The same could be said of any other example in the bible of God's punishment coming upon a person, just because we see a judgment of an action does not mean that the single sin was their undoing.

Rom 6:16 Do you not know that if you present yourselves to anyone as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one whom you obey, either of sin, which leads to death, or of obedience, which leads to righteousness?

As a Christian we have grace, we are forgiven, now in the present. But the outcome of whether we make it to heaven or not, does rest on our obedience. If we continually, without repentance (refuse turning from and leaving behind), submit our selves to sin. We will be overcome by it.

But sin works in this way, it blinds us to the truth of grace.

Heb 3:13 But exhort one another every day, as long as it is called “today,” that none of you may be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin.

A person is justified by grace. But sin is deceitful, it blinds us to truth. When we sin God corrects us, this correction is often unpleasant.

Heb 12:5-9 And have you forgotten the exhortation that addresses you as sons? “My son, do not regard lightly the discipline of the Lord, nor be weary when reproved by him. For the Lord disciplines the one he loves, and chastises every son whom he receives.” It is for discipline that you have to endure. God is treating you as sons. For what son is there whom his father does not discipline? If you are left without discipline, in which all have participated, then you are illegitimate children and not sons. Besides this, we have had earthly fathers who disciplined us and we respected them. Shall we not much more be subject to the Father of spirits and live?

Job 36:8-13 Job 36:8 And if they are bound in chains and caught in the cords of affliction, then he declares to them their work and their transgressions, that they are behaving arrogantly. He opens their ears to instruction and commands that they return from iniquity. If they listen and serve him, they complete their days in prosperity, and their years in pleasantness. But if they do not listen, they perish by the sword and die without knowledge. “The godless in heart cherish anger; they do not cry for help when he binds them.

b) then he declares to them their work and their transgressions, that they are behaving arrogantly
c) He opens their ears to instruction and commands that they return from iniquity
d) If they listen and serve him, they complete their days in prosperity, and their years in pleasantness. But if they do not listen, they perish by the sword and die without knowledge.

When a person sins, God afflicts them, often allowing Satan access to torment them. He then tells them they have sinned, and commands them to stop. If they stop, they are restored. If not they perish without knowledge. Note the last part of the verse they loose knowledge, they loose knowlegde of grace, they no longer believe.

Notice in:

1Co 5:5 To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

Paul tells the church to deliver a sinner to Satan's power, why? So they will repent, and be saved in the day of the LORD.

Also God does this often times, as we see from Job. It is not just one sin that kills a man, but a process, of unrepentant works.

Job 33:27-29 He sings before men and says: ‘I sinned and perverted what was right, and it was not repaid to me. He has redeemed my soul from going down into the pit, and my life shall look upon the light.’ “Behold, God does all these things, twice, three times, with a man, to bring back his soul from the pit, that he may be lighted with the light of life.

But if my memory serves me correctly, you believe that King David was saved while he committed his sins of adultery and murder. That was two sins and yet you are saying he was still saved. So it looks like two grievous sins is not enough. Looks like David needed to do more evil to be unsaved, right? But that is not what the Bible teaches. Only one murder is required to be a murderer (Numbers 35:16-18) and no murderer has eternal life abiding in them (1 John 3:15). Only one act of adultery is required to be an adulterer (Leviticus 20:11). Proverbs 6:32 says he that commits adultery destroys his own soul. Jesus said that if one looks at a woman in lust, they have committed adultery already in their heart (Matthew 5:28-30). Jesus did not say this was habitual lusting towards women here. He was speaking of a singular act of looking upon a woman in lust that could condemn a person to hell fire.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
They made a mistake. A grievous mistake, but a mistake nonetheless. Had they known just how offensive this withholding was going to be in the sight of God, I could probably incline more towards your conclusion on this matter. But there really was an element of ignorance on their part.

I disagree. The taking of their lives was still a great demonstration of the mighty power and authority of Yahweh over His new congregation. Striking them dead served as a warning and I would think such an act would enough to instill His people a sober obedience for the omniscience of God.

I disagree. I don't believe that the normal human reaction to the smiting of fellow congregates is to be indifferent or celebrate necessarily, but rather to react with shock and awe. Taking their lives accomplished that warning.

The whole church were not standing there watching it take place.

"And great fear came upon all the church, and upon as many as heard these things." (Acts of the Apostles 5:11).

It says ALL the church and as many as heard these things. Again, fear is not the emotion when people die to go to be with the Lord. That would be contradictory to God's goodness and blessings. If we are saved, there is nothing to fear.

Or she was just curious.

Okay. You are not getting it. Luke 17 mentions her and then it starts to immediately talking about how if you seek to save your life you will lose it. This is speaking in spiritual terms. Not sure how the Bible can be any more clear here unless you don't want to see it.

Upvote 0

Billy Evmur

Brother
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2018
London
Visit site
✟83,771.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Is this a sample of OSAS thinking? Looks like it. PRetty bad theology and fruit.

It is the probationers who are stunted in their growth, they never get beyond the "am I saved yes or no?" stage, they are not steadfast, they are not sure of God, will He save me? damn me? am I in? out? today, tomorrow, next Christmas? who knows?

Sickly plants never shooting down their roots into the rich soil of God's love.

Jason has been posting on this one single theme for YEARS, never varying, always about fear and doubt. Never about sonship and getting on in the things of God.

Digging around in the mire of gloom.

Upvote 0

The Gryphon

Sep 26, 2018
Canyon Country
✟23,870.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Only if you are human. All of us sin as we are flawed human flesh. We through Christ can confess our sins and they are covered by our Savior. However that is NOT a license to sin. If you willing inter into sin you will be given over to a: reprobate mind is a mind that is given over to the sinful passions and ungodly desires. It is another way of describing a person who is set on satisfying the flesh and not on the Spirit of God. Then G_d is your judge and I personally would not care to be in your position.

Upvote 0

Billy Evmur

Brother
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2018
London
Visit site
✟83,771.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Except for those who will worship the beast in the future (Revelation 13:8) (Revelation 17:8), every persons' name was written in the book of life by Christ's sacrifice. This is why babies are saved if they die. Christ saves the innocent. But when we grow up and fall into sin, we become separated from God by that grievous sin and we need to come to Jesus by faith to be saved again. This is like a parallel of the story of the Prodigal Son. When the prodigal son came home, and repented to his father (everlasting father, i.e. Jesus), the father said that he was dead and he became alive again. He was lost and now he is found. The parable is speaking in spiritual terms. He was dead spiritually because of his life of sin, and he became alive again spiritually by repenting (seeking forgiveness) and coming back to his father. This story is proof that grievous sin can separate a believer from God.

Sorry. That is not how God's grace works. God's grace teaches us to deny ungodliness and that we should live righteously and godly in this present world (Titus 2:11-12). God's grace does not teach us to not care about righteousness (Which is what your version of grace does because you say King David was saved in his sins of adultery and murder). This means that you are telling people that they can be like a David and commit murder and sin and still be saved while doing so (Which is the opposite of God's grace teaching us to deny ungodliness).

Look. In Matthew 7:23, Jesus tells certain believers (because they did works in his name) to depart from Him because they worked iniquity (or sin). Yet, you are saying that a person can sin and still be saved. This flies in direct contradiction of this verse and many others in your Bible.

Nowhere does the Bible teach such a thing. What passage are you referring to?
1 Corinthians 3?

Just because they are called brethren does not mean they are saved brethren. It's possible for a brother to be dead spiritually (See James 5:19-20 and Luke 15:32).

It's possible to be in Christ's Kingdom and to later be taken out of His Kingdom by Christ's angels because of their sin or iniquity whereby they will be thrown into the furnace of fire, i.e. the Lake of Fire (See Matthew 13:41-42).

It's why the goats and the sheep will be separated at the Judgment.
It's why Jesus says not to pull up the weeds among the wheat until the end of the Harvest (i.e. the Judgment). God will sort out those who will sin in His Kingdom or who justify sin and He will destroy them.

"Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?" (Matthew 23:33).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Billy Evmur

Brother
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2018
London
Visit site
✟83,771.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Except for those who will worship the beast in the future (Revelation 13:8) (Revelation 17:8), every persons' name was written in the book of life by Christ's sacrifice. This is why babies are saved if they die. Christ saves the innocent. But when we grow up and fall into sin, we become separated from God by that grievous sin and we need to come to Jesus by faith to be saved again. This is like a parallel of the story of the Prodigal Son. When the prodigal son came home, and repented to his father (everlasting father, i.e. Jesus), the father said that he was dead and he became alive again. He was lost and now he is found. The parable is speaking in spiritual terms. He was dead spiritually because of his life of sin, and he became alive again spiritually by repenting (seeking forgiveness) and coming back to his father. This story is proof that grievous sin can separate a believer from God.

Sorry. That is not how God's grace works. God's grace teaches us to deny ungodliness and that we should live righteously and godly in this present world (Titus 2:11-12). God's grace does not teach us to not care about righteousness (Which is what your version of grace does because you say King David was saved in his sins of adultery and murder). This means that you are telling people that they can be like a David and commit murder and sin and still be saved while doing so (Which is the opposite of God's grace teaching us to deny ungodliness).

Look. In Matthew 7:23, Jesus tells certain believers (because they did works in his name) to depart from Him because they worked iniquity (or sin). Yet, you are saying that a person can sin and still be saved. This flies in direct contradiction of this verse and many others in your Bible.

Nowhere does the Bible teach such a thing. What passage are you referring to?
1 Corinthians 3?

Just because they are called brethren does not mean they are saved brethren. It's possible for a brother to be dead spiritually (See James 5:19-20 and Luke 15:32).

It's possible to be in Christ's Kingdom and to later be taken out of His Kingdom by Christ's angels because of their sin or iniquity whereby they will be thrown into the furnace of fire, i.e. the Lake of Fire (See Matthew 13:41-42).

It's why the goats and the sheep will be separated at the Judgment.
It's why Jesus says not to pull up the weeds among the wheat until the end of the Harvest (i.e. the Judgment). God will sort out those who will sin in His Kingdom or who justify sin and He will destroy them.

"Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?" (Matthew 23:33).

We care about godliness, we are a holy people, we embrace the Christlife...but none of these are grounds whereby we are saved. You can't even begin to disciple until you are saved and you'll never be successful until you are sure of your salvation.

You'll never be sure of God
You'll never be sure about the devil.

How can you come BOLDLY to the throne of grace for help in time of need? if you think maybe you will face a wrathful God? maybe He will throw a thunderball like Zeus. You will never treat Him [as He deserves] as Father beloved.

How will you ever stand against the devil? mebbe one day you will be back in his clutches.

God's salvation is not tailored to fit the strong, the powerful or the rich and wise but the babes, the trembling lambs of God's flock.

The decided sinner is not worried by your threatenings, but the weak, the ones who need the most encouragement. God will not be pleased with you for fretting His tender lambs.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But Noah still sinned after getting out of the Ark. He got drunk and his wife was impregnated by Ham (Which produced the offspring of Canaan); Hence, why Canaan was cursed. Canaan was a by-product of sexual immorality. The Canaanites were then later wiped out; And Biblical History repeated itself. Lot's daughters got their father drunk and they had children by him and these descendants (of an incestous relationship) were later wiped out again.

Anyways, Noah's sin started a sin filled chain reaction that needed to eventually be eradicated.

To learn more about the story of Ham and Noah, check out this thread here:

Biblical Metaphors Shed Light on Ham's Sin in Noah's Tent.
the ark is a picture and type ...
noah was saved from that judgment .. he himself was not born again . but it a completely different topic . dont miss the picture its fortelling of water baptism and salvation.

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟734,719.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But if my memory serves me correctly, you believe that King David was saved while he committed his sins of adultery and murder. That was two sins and yet you are saying he was still saved. So it looks like two grievous sins is not enough. Looks like David needed to do more evil to be unsaved, right? But that is not what the Bible teaches. Only one murder is required to be a murderer (Numbers 35:16-18) and no murderer has eternal life abiding in them (1 John 3:15). Only one act of adultery is required to be an adulterer (Leviticus 20:11). Proverbs 6:32 says he that commits adultery destroys his own soul. Jesus said that if one looks at a woman in lust, they have committed adultery already in their heart (Matthew 5:28-30). Jesus did not say this was habitual lusting towards women here. He was speaking of a singular act of looking upon a woman in lust that could condemn a person to hell fire.

You have neglected to look into the following. While God corrects a person they are still saved. It is when His correction ends, that damnation comes. David was still saved when he committed adultery, but if he had of rebelled, he would have lost his salvation. Note, God has already pardoned his sin.

2Sa 12:13 David said to Nathan, “I have sinned against the LORD.” And Nathan said to David, “The LORD also has put away your sin; you shall not die.

You are pushing a very hard line, one that neglects the mercy shown by the LORD in correction, as biblically shown below.

Note how God actually deals with sin. My key verse is;

Now lets describe what it is meaning. Job describes how affliction is used to correct a man.

When a person sins, God afflicts them, often allowing Satan access to torment them. He then tells them they have sinned, and commands them to stop. If they stop, they are restored. If not they perish without knowledge. Note the last part of the verse they lose knowledge, they lose knowledge of grace, they no longer believe.

Notice in:

See here, twice, three times, God will correct a person for a sin. The idea that one sin damns you is not biblical. It can lead to damnation but it will not kill you on the spot.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You have neglected to look into the following. While God corrects a person they are still saved. It is when His correction ends, that damnation comes. David was still saved when he committed adultery, but if he had of rebelled, he would have lost his salvation. Note, God has already pardoned his sin.

2Sa 12:13 David said to Nathan, “I have sinned against the LORD.” And Nathan said to David, “The LORD also has put away your sin; you shall not die.

You are pushing a very hard line, one that neglects the mercy shown by the LORD in correction, as biblically shown below.

Now lets describe what it is meaning. Job describes how affliction is used to correct a man.

When a person sins, God afflicts them, often allowing Satan access to torment them. He then tells them they have sinned, and commands them to stop. If they stop, they are restored. If not they perish without knowledge. Note the last part of the verse they lose knowledge, they lose knowledge of grace, they no longer believe.

Notice in:

See here, twice, three times, God will correct a person for a sin. The idea that one sin damns you is not biblical. It can lead to damnation but it will not kill you on the spot.
God forgave his sin.. and david did not continue in it or ever repeat it .

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Well, 2 Samuel 2:13 is in reference to the taking away of his sin in regards to being physically put to death himself for that sin. Instead, his unborn son would pay the price and would die for that sin. A sacrifice was required. The wages of sin is still death, but his sin was taken away in regards to him being put to physical death himself (even though the Law required for him to be put to death). As for these sins in regards to God (on a spiritual level): He was given a chance to repent of his sins still (Which took place later in Psalms 51). David's sins were not taken away on a spiritual level with God because he poured out his soul's confession to God in desiring to be forgiven. If David was already forgiven, and there was no sin of any kind, he would not have needed to confess at all.

1 John 1:9 is true. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins. There is no forgiveness without confession or seeking some kind of forgiveness with God. For whosever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved (Romans 10:13).

"But when the righteous turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and doeth according to all the abominations that the wicked man doeth, shall he live? All his righteousness that he hath done shall not be mentioned: in his trespass that he hath trespassed, and in his sin that he hath sinned, in them shall he die." (Ezekiel 18:24).

"For if we sin (singular) wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins" (Hebrews 10:26).

Again, one is considered a murderer if they murder one time (See again Numbers 35:16-18).
One is considered an adulterer if they commit adultery one time (See again Leviticus 20:10).

1 John 3:15 says no murderer has eternal life abiding in them.
Proverbs 6:32 says he that commits adultery destroys his own soul.
Jesus says to just even look at a woman in lust to commit adultery already in one's heart and they are in danger of hellfire (See: Matthew 5:28-30). Jesus did not say that you have to keep looking at lots of women to commit adultery in one's heart. It only takes one time to do that. It's the words of Jesus. The choice is up to you if you want to believe his words or not.

You said:

You are deriving your theology from Elihu. While many Pastors think Elihu was a good guy and was giving Job good advice, he was actually even worse than his other three friends by what he said.

To learn more, check out these articles here (that includes Scripture):

The Wrath of Elihu – Good Word
Why Elihu is So Mysterious

In any event, whether you agree or disagree, may God's love shine upon you this fine evening.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟734,719.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If David was already forgiven, and there was no sin of any kind, he would not have needed to confess at all.

You miss the point. I am not saying there was no sin, and I am certainly not saying he should not confess his sin. David had to repent of his sin to be forgiven. Correct me if I am wrong, but you seem to think that one sin will separate you from God eternally. But this is incorrect thinking. As I have shown from the bible whether you wish to believe it or not God is merciful and will correct an man for sin first rather than damn them. He will do this, because of his kindness, more than a single time. This is not a licence to sin, for the doctrine still requires repentance. But your doctrine seems to be merciless killing, if a man stumbles into a single sin, he is damned.

There are many Christians who fall from the faith, and are restored by the Holy Spirit, back to repentance and good works. You seem to be denying them any chance. Beware that your doctrine is not so strict that you hinder the drawing of the Holy Spirit to failing believers.

No where did I mention that a Christian can keep on sinning, and use grace as an excuse. But there is grace regardless of the fact that people may make use of it.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You miss the point. I am not saying there was no sin, and I am certainly not saying he should not confess his sin. David had to repent of his sin to be forgiven. Correct me if I am wrong, but you seem to think that one sin will separate you from God eternally. But this is incorrect thinking. As I have shown from the bible whether you wish to believe it or not God is merciful and will correct an man for sin first rather than damn them. He will do this, because of his kindness, more than a single time. This is not a licence to sin, for the doctrine still requires repentance. But your doctrine seems to be merciless killing, if a man stumbles into a single sin, he is damned.

There are many Christians who fall from the faith, and are restored by the Holy Spirit, back to repentance and good works. You seem to be denying them any chance. Beware that your doctrine is not so strict that you hinder the drawing of the Holy Spirit to failing believers.

No where did I mention that a Christian can keep on sinning, and use grace as an excuse. But there is grace regardless of the fact that people may make use of it.

No. I have shown that one sin can separate a person from God because this is what Numbers 35:6-18, 1 John 3:15, Leviticus 20:10, Proverbs 6:32, Matthew 5:28-30 says. In addition, Adam, Eve, Ananias, Sapphira, and Simon are prime examples that one sin can separate a believer from God.

Justifying one grievous sin (for a temporary amount of time) is no different than justifying many grievous sins all the time. God does not give us a limited time only sin special. It doesn’t work like that. God is good. He cannot agree with a person’s thinking that grievous sin that He condemns is okay if we just do that sin once. Otherwise, there would be no fear of the Lord. A person could toy with sin in your view and think they are cool with God. But the heart is deceitful.

1 Corinthians 2:16 says we have the mind of Christ. Now, if we have the mind of Christ, will we will not justify sin by saying we can commit grievous sin one time and still be right with God? Surely not.

We have to confess and forsake sin in order to have mercy (Proverbs 28:13).
This is why David was not saved when he sinned.
He needed to confess in order to be forgiven.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
We care about godliness, we are a holy people, we embrace the Christlife...but none of these are grounds whereby we are saved. You can't even begin to disciple until you are saved and you'll never be successful until you are sure of your salvation.

You'll never be sure of God

We can have an assurance that we know God if we find that we are keeping His commandments (1 John 2:3). That person who says they know God and they do not keep His commandments is a liar and the truth is not in them (1 John 2:4).

You said:
You'll never be sure about the devil.

He that commits sin is of the devil (1 John 3:8).
Jesus says we can know false prophets by their fruit.
Bad fruit would be sin (obviously).

You said:
How can you come BOLDLY to the throne of grace for help in time of need?

When you read Hebrews 4:16, you also have to read Hebrews 3:12-14 that says,

12 "Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.
13 But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.
14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;"
(Hebrews 3:12-14).

What this just said is that a believer can harden their heart by the deceitfulness of sin. This is bad because a believer who has an evil heart of unbelief can depart from the living God. For we are made partakers with Christ IF.... IF....IF we hold to the beginning our confidence stedfast uto the end.

You said:
if you think maybe you will face a wrathful God? maybe He will throw a thunderball like Zeus. You will never treat Him [as He deserves] as Father beloved.

What do you think happened with Ananais and Sapphira?
They were instantly killed for lying to God.

You said:
How will you ever stand against the devil? mebbe one day you will be back in his clutches.

So you believe it is possible for a believer to fall away?
What can cause that?

You said:
God's salvation is not tailored to fit the strong, the powerful or the rich and wise but the babes, the trembling lambs of God's flock.

What verse says that?

You said:
The decided sinner is not worried by your threatenings, but the weak, the ones who need the most encouragement. God will not be pleased with you for fretting His tender lambs.

What are you talking about? Are you referring to Scripture or your own thoughts?

Upvote 0