Do you think a Bible class can be for people of all ages?

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟400,780.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
I mean, in the New Testament I see nothing of an age seperation. I think a kid can read the Bible from that point on at which the child can read (usually age 6). But I could be wrong.
It depends, I think age categories for Bible studies are rather for maturity reasons and that's it. Someone who is 70 and has lived a lot might have differing views from someone who is 18 and is just about to go into college and never experienced having to pay for their food or expenses in general.

Don't get me wrong I believe people of all ages can also be beneficial and contribute, we can learn from small children, from teenagers, from college age and 30's 40's 50's 60's 70's 80's 90's and 100's.

I see both sides is what i'm saying but the maturity aspect may be the one thing that causes categories of age in Bible studies

Reactions: ronlion
Upvote 0

ChristianGirl_96

Jan 13, 2019
Epsom
✟131,109.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Heya.

Sure. If I am teaching a bible study lesson this is what I typically tend to do. Firstly I would have a mini fill in the gap starter exercise based on a story or verse. Then I write down five facts on people mentioned in the verses in no specific order. After that I lead the class in a discussion about events.

This is done to teach them to improve their communication skills. Finally we wrap the lesson up with either a written task or a prayer. From time to time I throw in additional class or paired exercises. For example I like to encourage them to think. We do a number of thinking tasks and teamwork activities as well.

When we did the story of Noah I asked one person to interview Noah. Other members of the class were told to play animals. I give out homework a few times each term. I prepared a task sheet and a bag full of questions. Homework varies. We have parties.

Upvote 0

ronlion

Dec 23, 2013
✟47,801.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Heya.

Sure. If I am teaching a bible study lesson this is what I typically tend to do. Firstly I would have a mini fill in the gap starter exercise based on a story or verse. Then I write down five facts on people mentioned in the verses in no specific order. After that I lead the class in a discussion about events.

This is done to teach them to improve their communication skills. Finally we wrap the lesson up with either a written task or a prayer. From time to time I throw in additional class or paired exercises. For example I like to encourage them to think. We do a number of thinking tasks and teamwork activities as well.

When we did the story of Noah I asked one person to interview Noah. Other members of the class were told to play animals. I give out homework a few times each term. I prepared a task sheet and a bag full of questions. Homework varies. We have parties.

Hi ChristianGirl_96!
Thanks for being a Bible teacher for Jesus Christ!
How old are most of your students?
You said you like to encourage them to think by doing " thinking tasks ".
Can you share a tiny amount about these thinking tasks if you have the time. Just a sentence will be ok.
My aunt is is related to William Tyndale; yet her whole family became atheist. Her mom was actually born in your country England.
I'm linking an article for non-members peering in from the Web I wrote based on the amazing work of Professor Alan Millard( of the University of Liverpool. And another about the top scientists in all of history who also actually believed in the literal resurrection of our God Jesus- the top 2 or 3 from the UK in fact.
May God bless you.
Isaiah 37 Miracle Proven by Stone Artifacts in London Says Renowned Professor Alan Millard. Texas high schooler cries because she's told Bible is Myth

Isaac Newton, the discoverer of gravity and the laws of motion, and Robert Boyle, the founder of chemistry, gave proof of God's certain existence.

Last edited:
Reactions: LesSme
Upvote 0

ari.sketch

Aug 14, 2023
Daejeon
✟7,389.00
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
a Bible class can definitely be for kids as well, as long as the lesson and method of delivery suits them.

Little kids learn at a very fast pace, and it's very, VERY, important to start establishing Christian doctrine/truth at a very young age

Upvote 0

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟189,151.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think it can be for all ages, because the truths can be applied universally. It may have different application for different age groups, but honestly application can vary from person to person as well. It's why it's important to ask people in Bible studies what they learned during the study to see if they accurately understood what was spoken and how they can apply it.

Upvote 0