Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
This would bother me. When I see a link like that it makes me think of things like palm reading or horrorscopes or seers, those things the bible speaks against. I am not saying anything against it only that I think of those things in relation to it. Because of that aversion I could never go there. Thank you though:)

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: somuchjoy
Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,064,847.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
This would bother me. When I see a link like that it makes me think of things like palm reading or horrorscopes or seers, those things the bible speaks against. I am not saying anything against it only that I think of those things in relation to it. Because of that aversion I could never go there. Thank you though:)

But.... There are no bible scriptures to specific dreams. Dream Moods only gives interpretations of dreams. If it suggested anything otherwise I would not recommend it.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've never had reason for them to concern me.

All mine seem to be caused by what I was doing just before I fall to sleep, whether it be a movie, video game, or something I was thinking about just before falling to sleep. so all they really do is show me what I was doing before bed, but I already knew that.

It seems that dreaming is a way the brain disposes of trash that is cluttering the brain.

CCleaner

• Haha
Reactions: ilovejcsog
Upvote 0

ilovejcsog

I am a Christian mutt. You can call me Rox
Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
But.... There are no bible scriptures to specific dreams. Dream Moods only gives interpretations of dreams. If it suggested anything otherwise I would not recommend it.
"When I see a link like that it REMINDS ME of things like palm reading or horrorscopes or seers"
Its just MY thoughts on it:).

Upvote 0

ilovejcsog

I am a Christian mutt. You can call me Rox
Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I've never had reason for them to concern me.

All mine seem to be caused by what I was doing just before I fall to sleep, whether it be a movie, video game, or something I was thinking about just before falling to sleep. so all they really do is show me what I was doing before bed, but I already knew that.

CCleaner
They should give us two choices cuz I wanted to give you 'funny and I agree':)

Reactions: Kenny'sID
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
all they really do is show me what I was doing before bed
Reminds me of what our youth pastor said once: There are three different types of dreams. The dreams from God, the dreams from Satan and the dreams from eating to much pizza before we go to bed.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,060.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is a world of difference between a 'normal' dream and a dream from God.

If you haven't experienced one then there is no way of knowing.

Sure there are random meaningless dreams.

Sure there are dreams that process your overstressed mental and emotional states.

But then He gives some of us dreams as well.

Here is an example.

I am going to tell it as it happened. The reason why I am telling this story is because there is a very important lesson in it...

I was in a game park in central Africa. The huts have no electricity so once the lamp goes out it's just the stars and the moon...

I had this dream that really shook me.

I dreamed that I was in a house and there was a big argument going on. I remember someone yelling "its exactly a year since we buried the baby in the river."

I woke very startled not having a clue what the dream meant. As it was pitch dark I was quite shaken.
This was at a time in my life when I was not walking with Him as I understand it now...

A little later I picked up two hitch hikers, a girl and a guy, Christian workers from a mission in Southern Zambia. They spoke about wanting to leave the mission so I gave them my address and said that if they were stuck I would help out. They went their way, I thought nothing more of it.

A few weeks later a knock on the door. It was the girl asking if she could stay for a few nights. No problem I said, so we organised a room for her.

Now it so happened that I had a work mate coming from England and hitch hiking over the Sahara. This meant we had two guests for Christmas.

A few days later one evening I was chatting to my friend who was sharing about his trip and he started acting a little strange and quiet. I asked him why - I had a good friendship so he opened up and so my utter surprise said that he was feeling very strange and had a very strong irrational urge to sleep with the girl.

I talked him through this for about an hour and he realised that it was totally inappropriate - we both thought something weird was going down. So I managed to get him to agree to knock on her door and let her know that this was happening. He knocked on her door and as he started to explain what was happening she burst into uncontrollable sobbing explaining that this same thing happens every year to the day on the anniversary of her abortion.

Immediately I remembered the dream and had a deep sense that we were appointed to keep her safe through this vulnerable time.

So there it is... make of it what you will, but I know He cares for us more that we will ever know and makes arrangements for our safety. I also know that the spiritual effects of abortion and seriously under estimated...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
I believe that dreaming is the brain's way of rebooting itself. In the past 76 years I can only recall two dreams that had any meaning that I could relate to my life in any way.

Upvote 0

A. Sinner

Aug 18, 2019
Yukon
✟1,458.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No one knows what dreams are....

But, no, I do not take my dreams literally because they are literally 80% incomprehensible and silly and that would make me literally a madman. Which maybe I am

Dogs dream about chasing things like rabbits so maybe you could take their dreams literally :)

• Haha
Reactions: ilovejcsog
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,299.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I believe dreams are an important way God communicates with us.

Asks God for the interpretation.

"And they said unto him, We have dreamed a dream, and there is no interpreter of it. And Joseph said unto them, Do not interpretations belong to God? tell me them, I pray you." Gen 40:8

"Pharaoh said unto Joseph, I have dreamed a dream, and there is none that can interpret it: and I have heard say of thee, that thou canst understand a dream to interpret it. And Joseph answered Pharaoh, saying, It is not in me. God shall give Pharaoh an answer of peace." Gen 41:15-16

Daniel was given the dream (which the king couldnt remember) and the interpretation "But there is a God in heaven that revealed secrets, and maketh known to the king Nebuchadnezzar what shall be in the latter days. Thy dream, and the visions of thy head upon thy bed, are these;..." Dan 2 gives the details.

Plus there are other Scriptures about dreams and interpretations from God.

The main difference between fortune telling, etc (the ungodly) is when it's God. We dont have to avoid His ways of doing things

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
The dreams in scripture were very few and far between. Much like God audibly communicating with men. So to act as if He uses that today in any sort of normative way is foolish. He’s given us His word. It’s sufficient.

• Agree
Reactions: A Realist
Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Get so aggravated, frustrated with cessationists. The Lord just reminded me I once was one. But I'm not now. Will keep looking to Him and His Word.
His word is the scriptures that He’s given us.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,158,469.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Since I have been on this forum It seems there are some Christians that give their dreams a lot of credit. Its a first for me. I dream every night and most if any have no real meaning to me. So seeing so much interest in them makes me wonder what I have been missing.
A little note you might be interest in that was on the news recently said that dreams are necessary to clean the brain and reduce the chances of Alzheimer's disease. It seems that dreaming is a way the brain disposes of trash that is cluttering the brain. So it definitely has a usefulness.
Tell me why a dream means so much to you if it does. Why you believe it is important to interpret your dreams?
Most dreams are ordinary, but some are not. By far the most common type of dream are the mental or emotional processing dreams everyone has of minor significance, and next the not quite as common but still common emotional processing dreams of more significance, which can repeat. An example of a common emotional processing dream would be to dream you came to a party, but forgot some clothing, or have wrong clothing, for instance, or that your cat shows up some place far from home, or that you are flying, or falling, etc. I once had a repeating dream where I fell from an airplane, and progressively in each time of the dream I'd get further, and I was angling my arms to go towards a lake I could see below, so that I' might dive into water and have a chance instead of hitting ground. Eventually I actually dove into the lake, and it turned out to be Lake Travis, an old familiar lake near the city were I had moved. That dream was about finding a new home and a new phase of life, after college, and while not of great significance it was still meaningful on an emotional processing level. An interesting type of dream that is less common, but most people I think have at times is a dream where a solution to a problem you are working on appears.

Finally, while there are probably more categories, the truly significant dream or vision of which I've had only a very few I can remember was for example when I prayed earnestly for the answer to a very weighty personal decision, which I could not figure out (and it wasn't a worldly concern like merely which house to buy or whether to live here or there, or this place of work/college, whatever kind of worldly stuff, but instead was something that truly mattered profoundly on a moral and personal level, and I could not figure out the answer), and the answer came, direct and clear, in a way I shouldn't reveal on the internet I feel. So, for those few, which are from God, you can't mistake them. For this kind, you'd not wonder if it was 'only a dream'! (I don't want to reveal more over the internet, but it's the kind of thing where you'd have 0% doubt, and total certainty, so it's not at all like ordinary dreams.)

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,299.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Before our youngest son was in the 3rd grade, I dreamed that he was in an accident and had to have surgery. There was a serious complication and the dream revealed how it needed to be handled. I didn't mention it to anyone and didn't know to pray about it. Months later when we got the phone call that he had been hit by a car, I yelled to my husband as we were running out the door, he's going to be ok!

What happened in the natural was just as I had dreamed it. The doctors said the exact words and stood where they had been in my dream. Our son's hospital room was located on the right hand side next to the elevators, etc. After our son came home and things had settled down, I told them about the dream. My husband said it had really puzzled him why I was so sure that our son would be fine even 2 sec after the initial call. He had been amazed (shocked) at how calm I was through the entire process. But I just knew that our son was going to be okay in spite of the facts: the car was traveling about 45 mph, he hit the windshield & fell onto the street; there was blood, grass, gravel, everywhere; the complication happened, etc,

Our son doesn't have any problems from what happened. He has 4 children now. I still find it hard to express how grateful I am to Yahweh.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
this same thing happens every year to the day on the anniversary of her abortion.
Abortion is death & we are to choose life. Only we are told the wages of sin is death. So we have to take the sin into consideration that lead to the abortion.

I am told that in rare cases an IUD can cause an abortion. This happened with my daughter. Years later I had a dream about that daughter in Heaven. There were details about the dream that I did not understand until later. For example there were a lot of toys there, maybe 50 or 60 of them. They were all brand new and she had never played with any of them. Later on I found out that these were gifts from people that are related to her. She did not understand why I did not bring her a gift like everyone else. She did not know I was her father, she though I was just another relative. When she found out she was very surprised and of course they were very excited that she actually was able to see her father.

In the dream there were two angels. One of them was reading a book and I thought he was very intelligent and just educating himself. Later on I learned the book he was reading was the book the God wrote for my daughter at her conception. David talks about this: Psalm 139 "16 Your eyes saw my unformed body; all my days were written in Your book and ordained for me before one of them came to be." Long after we have a dream we can still continue to learn about what we saw in that dream.

Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,198.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My reading of scripture and my experience is that God does not communicate casually. There are no "Gee, whiz, God spoke to me, ain't that keen!" messages from God, by dream or any other means.

I had spent some time in prayer and meditation asking God to make use of me, take my time and make it His, clearing my heart and mind for obedience to be His tool for His mission. I explicitly asked for a vision or dream that would give me clear instruction.

That night I dreamed, of all things, that I was looking for a gun dealer. Not to buy a gun, but for a particular gun dealer. I was going from gun store to gun store looking for this man, but I couldn't find him.

Then I woke up, middle of the night, to use the toilet.

When I went back to sleep, I had another dream. This time I was in the library going through newspapers looking at ads for gun sales, again looking for the name of a particular gun dealer.

Then my alarm went off, waking me, and immediately the voice of the Holy Spirit told me, "Speak to Frank about Me."

Frank was a man I'd met in my company a few years earlier. He had told me back then that he worked part-time in a pawn shop as their gun broker. I hadn't thought of Frank in years, but I made it my business to locate him and connect with him first thing that morning.

And that wasn't easy. "For some reason" it seemed like hell had decided to break loose that day at work--for both of us. But when I got to Frank and pulled him to a break room for a chat, I learned that he'd just run into extreme problems with the IRS and did very much need someone to talk to. He was a nominal Christian, but hadn't given much thought to going back to the Lord in times of trouble, until I spoke to him.

• Winner
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0