• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.
  7. There has been an addition to the announcement regarding unacceptable nick names. The phrase "Let's go Brandon" actually stands for a profanity and will be seen as a violation of the profanity rule in the future.

Do you support vaccine mandates (Poll)

Discussion in 'General Political Discussion' started by 1rreducibly Complex, Sep 16, 2021.

Do you support vaccine mandates

1. Yes

24 vote(s)
    34.3%
  2. No

43 vote(s)
    61.4%
  3. Undecided or other (please specify)

3 vote(s)
    4.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Petros2015

Petros2015 Well-Known Member

+2,996
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    Uh... I'm not sure we would have an internet to make a claim on if it hit 10%...

I'm OK with some people saying or feeling "this is not dangerous enough to mandate X because of it"
    (even at the level that I perceive it to be at, and even though I made a different decision about that)
    But...
    Let's set the bar for "this is dangerous" a little lower than 20% fatality...

...Please... ?

Last edited: Sep 17, 2021
  2. Hans Blaster

Hans Blaster E pluribus unum

+4,824
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    What is the "other side"? Team Virus?

3. Lifelong_sinner

Lifelong_sinner Well-Known Member

+221
    United States
    Calvinist
    Single
    I do not support mandates, and if enacted, i will not get vaccinated still. The govt could threaten me with jail or death, and i would still refuse it.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. Hans Blaster

Hans Blaster E pluribus unum

+4,824
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    Cool story, bro.

There aren't any jail or execution threats.

But, I won't pity you one single bit when you get fired by your employer and have no benefits because of your refusal to comply with workplace requirements.

5. Light of the East

Light of the East Orthodox Inquirer Supporter

+1,929
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    They are a thousand times more credible than the LIARS you are listening to!

Even the man who invented the MnRA test, Dr. Robert Malone, is now stating that there are problems with it. Oh, but I guess he's a fraud too, right?

Yeah, you go ahead and believe whatever you want. I'm not taking their poison vaccine and that's that.

6. Light of the East

+1,929
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    So in addition to everything, you're a tyrant. Well, that figures, seeing that you have the scoundrel Union general Sherman as your avatar. Here in the South, we spit when we hear his name.

7. Light of the East

+1,929
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    Yes, I think that vacations should be mandatory and at least 6 weeks long!

8. Lifelong_sinner

Lifelong_sinner Well-Known Member

+221
    United States
    Calvinist
    Single
    of course not. You leftys love force as long as govt does it.
    By the way, i dont work so i dont have to worry about getting fired as a result of govt tyranny.

9. Larnievc

Larnievc Well-Known Member

+4,225
    Atheist
    Married
    UK-Labour
    I'm asking you to substantiate your position. If you cannot your assertion can be dismissed.

10. Light of the East

+1,929
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    Why should he bother? Once he does, you will say "they are quacks" and dismiss everything he says. There is no giving facts to folks like you.

11. Larnievc

+4,225
    Atheist
    Married
    UK-Labour
    Natural Health? Really?

Do you have any clinical evidence? Or peer reviewed research?

12. Light of the East

+1,929
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    QUOTE: "We now have data showing vaccine immunity rapidly wanes regardless of variants, but especially when a new variant becomes predominant. According to the Mayo Clinic, as of July 2021, Pfizer's COVID injection was only 42% effective against infection,13 which doesn't even meet the Food and Drug Administration's requirement of 50% efficacy14 for COVID vaccines."

Of course, this is only the Mayo Clinic saying that the "vaccine" is ineffective. Bunch of quacks. What do they know, eh Larnievc?

Here's the whole article:

Will This Be the Final Blow for Vaccine Passports?

I

13. Light of the East

+1,929
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    Did you read the articles or just blow them off immediately? They quote multiple sources from around the world.

Johns Hopkins. Mayo Clinic. World renouned doctors.

Look, you do whatever you want to do, just don't mandate that I have to do anything. I'm taking fine care of myself in the manner I choose.

14. Larnievc

+4,225
    Atheist
    Married
    UK-Labour
    "I have evidence but I'm not going to post it".

Really?

15. Larnievc

+4,225
    Atheist
    Married
    UK-Labour
    Did you even read what you posted?

" Overall, the findings suggest that regardless of vaccine reactions or prior SARS-CoV-2 infection, either spike mRNA vaccine will provide a robust spike antibody response."

16. pitabread

pitabread Well-Known Member

+13,254
    Canada
    Agnostic
    Private
    I've been half-tempted to troll anti-vax protests by carrying a sign demanding virus rights.

17. Larnievc

+4,225
    Atheist
    Married
    UK-Labour
    And posing a significant risk to vulnerable people near you.

Well done.

18. Light of the East

+1,929
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    If I'm not sick, no one is at risk. People who are not sick are not a threat to others. Did you miss that in biology class?

19. pitabread

pitabread Well-Known Member

+13,254
    Canada
    Agnostic
    Private
    Have you read those sources? Do you have links directly to any published scientific literature in question?

20. Petros2015

Petros2015 Well-Known Member

+2,996
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    Comparing the differences between COVID-19 vaccines - Mayo Clinic

Light, I think this is someone saying the Mayo Clinic says something that the Mayo Clinic isn't saying.

Here's what I see the Mayo Clinic saying... If you go to Mayo Clinic and see it saying something else, can you post that?

upload_2021-9-17_16-36-40.png

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.