• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Do you support the Democrats trying to Impeach the President

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by hislegacy, May 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Belk

Belk Senior Member Supporter

+6,260
    Agnostic
    Married
    Due process is for the justice system. It does not apply to the legislature.

2. Aldebaran

Aldebaran Star Power!

+5,251
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Then wouldn't a #METOO or BLM accusation be just as good?

3. Belk

+6,260
    Agnostic
    Married
    Lock her up. Lock her up.

4. Aldebaran

Aldebaran Star Power!

+5,251
    Non-Denom
    Single
    And yet she wasn't. Didn't get put on trial after the election either.

5. Belk

+6,260
    Agnostic
    Married
    And Trump has yet to be impeached because of a #METOO or BLM accusation.

6. Aldebaran

Aldebaran Star Power!

+5,251
    Non-Denom
    Single
    No, but rather on a still not specified obstruction of justice accusation. Still would like to see it specified sometime.

7. Go Braves

Go Braves On semi-hiatus here. Y'all take care.

+7,235
    United States
    Catholic
    In Relationship
    US-Republican
    Pelosi needs to man up, do what is right & push for impeachment of Donald Trump. It needs to be taken care of for the dignity & integrity of the country.

8. Belk

+6,260
    Agnostic
    Married
    Since articles of impeachment have not been drawn up I wonder why you think you would see the specifics? However, I have it on good authority that if you read the second book of the Mueller report there is a fair amount of evidence that could be pertinent. At least a lot of lawyers seem to think so.

9. Aldebaran

Aldebaran Star Power!

+5,251
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Then all this talk about impeachment is based on some sort of secret. Otherwise, we'd be seeing citations pointing to an obstruction of justice that someone could point to and say, "Here it is! This is what Trump did that he is to be impeached for!"

10. Belk

+6,260
    Agnostic
    Married
    I think you are failing to see how this analogy is working.
    That is not relevant to the obstruction issue. Everything could of been made up whole cloth and obstructing the case would still be illegal.

11. Aldebaran

Aldebaran Star Power!

+5,251
    Non-Denom
    Single
    At least the "whole cloth" part could be shown, but the obstruction still hasn't.

12. Aldebaran

Aldebaran Star Power!

+5,251
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Who think what is sufficient? Simply claiming obstruction without being able to point it out? I sure wouldn't want any of those 900+ lawyers representing me, if that's how they prosecute cases.

13. Belk

+6,260
    Agnostic
    Married

Odd how all those experts in the law disagree with you.

14. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+19,899
    Anglican
    Married
    But actually, nothing stuck.

They have said all along that just about anything justifies an impeachment. It is simply that they hoped and believed that Mueller and his team would find something to make the job easier. But since that did not happen, they are still just as willing to go ahead with made-up charges.

15. Aldebaran

Aldebaran Star Power!

+5,251
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Even more odd how the simple accusation of obstruction without being able to point to it is seen as sufficient.

16. Belk

+6,260
    Agnostic
    Married
    Yes, it is almost as if it has been pointed to repeatedly. Even by lawyers who frequent this very board. But feel free to claim it must not exist because you don't know about it. :wave:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  17. Aldebaran

Aldebaran Star Power!

+5,251
    Non-Denom
    Single
    The only thing that's been done repeatedly is to make the accusation.

Feel free to point it out. Not doing so only proves what I've been saying all along.

18. Belk

+6,260
    Agnostic
    Married
    Really? I'm certain @NotreDame will be surprised to hear that since he has a chart on it that he has presented at least twice.

OK

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  19. The Faceless

The Faceless Has A Face

+336
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    There's an old man who eats children in these woods. He lives in an old cabin.

Well, I can't really show you where, but the woods are here, and people have said that he lives there.

20. klutedavid

klutedavid Well-Known Member

+2,279
    Non-Denom
    Single
    I wish our news did not report on American politics, what a twisted political system they have. I see Trump's head almost every night and then hear an unhappy democrat whinging.

They elect a president and then spend years trying to remove him from office. It seems to be more of a civil war where the election result is irrelevant.

You need a more representative political system as your present political system has failed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.