Not open for further replies.

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,396.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I support the patriotic Republicans with integrity who have called for Donald to be impeached. I support the Democrats as well.
Yes, good point. It isn't Democrats who would vote to impeach. It is the elected representatives of the majority of the country, those charged with oversight of the executive branch.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I hope you are right.

I know I am.

Let's not make the same kind of hero-worshiping mistake Donald's disciples do... America does not rise and fall with its King... were Donald to leave office tomorrow under any circumstances:

• In disgrace (resignation)
  • In handcuffs (impeachment)
  • In a straitjacket (25th Amendment)
  • In a pine box (heart attack/lead poisoning)

...America will recover. It has recovered from the sudden (and tragic) losses of presidents far better than him.

And if it cannot, well... that raises the question of whether it's worth preserving in the first place.

• Agree
Reactions: rambot
Upvote 0

zephcom

Jul 9, 2017
Pacific Northwest
✟87,947.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
I know I am.

Let's not make the same kind of hero-worshiping mistake Donald's disciples do... America does not rise and fall with its King... were Donald to leave office tomorrow under any circumstances:

• In disgrace (resignation)
  • In handcuffs (impeachment)
  • In a straitjacket (25th Amendment)
  • In a pine box (heart attack/lead poisoning)

...America will recover. It has recovered from the sudden (and tragic) losses of presidents far better than him.

And if it cannot, well... that raises the question of whether it's worth preserving in the first place.
I'm not worried about whether America can survive a bad president. I worry about whether the rest of the world will let us survive a bad president.

Trump has allowed America to portray itself as it truly is and not as the PR says it is. And it isn't pretty. I suspect the nations of the world realize now that they can no longer look to America for support and security. That is going to mean a change in alliances around the world and a shift in power.

I see only three places which would benefit in a shift in power, China, Russia and the European Union. And the European Union has a lot of ground to make up. Our state department has been gutted. The Trump administration has left ambassador positions unfilled all around the world. Our State Department has no official connection with nations all around the world.

While America has never had a good track record of honoring treaties, Trump has made it a point of pride to not honor anything in place before he became president and to not honor anything he put in place. On the world scene we have become so untrustworthy that even our 'best friends' can no longer turn a blind eye to the danger we represent.

Upvote 0

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Michael Cohen is in jail for, among other things, campaign finance violations he committed at the direction of the president.
And you know this how? Even if Cohen claims that Trump told him to commit the violations that would be his word against the president's.
Impeachment proceedings would hurt Democrats more than they would hurt Trump. Either way, their inability to impeach has no bearing on whether or not Trump did anything wrong in the first place.
If Trump committed impeachable acts it is the sworn duty of the house to impeach. If they don't they are complicit. I agree with you impeachment would hurt Democrats more than Trump, all their dirty laundry would be spread across the news agencies.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,025.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Yes.

I see and understand all the arguments about political backlash...but sometimes (always?) people have to simply do what is right.

If people in his party choose to slavishly vote with him, despite all the damning evidence of his illegalities and corruption, well, let that be on their consciences...
The problem with that is they clearly don't have any conscience or they would have spoken out by now.

A Democratic president would not have gotten away with not 1% of what Congressional Republicans have let slide for Trump. Heck, I doubt any other Republican president would have made it this far behaving the way Trump has these last 3 years, especially this last year that he's had to go up against an unfriendly House.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟894,829.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I’m just hoping the law is changed back so President Trump can serve more than two terms.
Why? I mean I support Trump, BUT there is a reason we have that law and that is so that people do not remain in office for decades and start abusing power.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟894,829.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
It depends on whether he's done something that's actually illegal. I don't have access to the full data from the investigation, so I have to reserve judgment on that question.

If he hasn't done anything illegal -- if he's just an awful president -- then that's not impeachable. Let him finish his term, and work hard to elect someone else next year.

If he has done something illegal -- even then, I lean towards letting him finish out his term, and then prosecuting the crime after he's left office.

If he has done something illegal AND is continuing to do it AND he gets re-elected next year -- then ask me again in 2021. Impeachment is an extreme last-resort option that I'd rather avoid; but no president should be above the law.
Do it now and there is a chance that Pence would be in office for nearly ten years.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟894,829.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I have been watching this whole circus as it played out and I have not seen any evidence at all, let alone evidence which would convince a reasonable person beyond a reasonable doubt. If you know of such evidence I would certainly like to see it.
That is a HIGH standard for a reason.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟894,829.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
And it's not the one that applies in impeachment proceedings.
but if they want to charge him after that it does. In other words, if they get him out of office that is not the same as getting him incarcerated. He still has those rights.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟894,829.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I support rounding up those trying to stage a coup and overthrow our popular elected President and trying and convicting them of treason or at the very least strip them of their citizenship and Deport them.
deport them to where?

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟894,829.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Mike Pence would become president, he would run for election and win because so many people on the right would be angry about the impeachment.

Then Pence would be able to run for a second term of his own. He is a religious fanatic that knows how to operate within government. At least Trump has no idea how to get a law passed. Nearly everything he has done is by Executive Order and any president can change those.

In fact, getting Trump impeached would be the single best thing for the Republicans.
Pence could still run twice. Even if he did not become president by impeachment.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟894,829.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
And “Bidan” is “too old”?
In 2024 President Trump will be 78 years old.
but he will be leaving office in 2025 (even if he is reelected.

Upvote 0

jardiniere

Oct 14, 2006
✟152,266.00
Faith
Pantheist
Do you support the Democrats trying to Impeach the President?

Yes or no and why.

Obstruction of justice is impeachable, just ask Nixon. It was the cover-up that got him, and president Trump is likewise. I don't care if he didn't "collude" with the Russians, he still tried to stop the investigation, and that attempt is impeachable.

• Agree
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Lets be straightforward about this. ANYTHING that the activists in Congress don't like is sufficient for them to impeach.

It really has nothing to do with any obstruction or undiplomatic behavior or calling people impolite names or any of that stuff that has been cited by some members of Congress as meriting impeachment. It is totally about not being willing to accept the results of the 2016 presidential election.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟141,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
And you know this how? Even if Cohen claims that Trump told him to commit the violations that would be his word against the president's.
Cohen “taped” things...many things.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,025.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Lets be straightforward about this. ANYTHING that the activists in Congress don't like is sufficient for them to impeach.

It really has nothing to do with any obstruction or undiplomatic behavior or calling people impolite names or any of that stuff that has been cited by some members of Congress as meriting impeachment. It is totally about not being willing to accept the results of the 2016 presidential election.
And all this deflection is nothing more than not being able to accept the results of the 2018 midterm election.

See? We can both play that game if you'd like.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.