Results are only viewable after voting.

mac_philo

Veteran
Mar 20, 2002
Visit site
✟17,392.00
Faith
Atheist
Unfortunately that quote doesn't state how it could be possible for Palestinians to lay down their arms. Peace isn't enough-they need a decent life, not a prison-like existence where there territory is dominated by Israeli highways, settlements, checkpoints, and curfews.

Americans wouldn't accept peace under such conditions, and neither will Palestinians.

Upvote 0

Job_38

<font size="1"> In perfect orbit they have circled
Jul 24, 2002
✟2,013.00
If the Palenstines stay away from attacking Israel and attemtping to "Take what is rightfully theirs!" then they would not be involved in this. Americans had no choice in dropping their arms, if we did then we would have been forced back into the way of like we were.
The Palenstinians have a choice. Because if they continue to fight, they will be wiped off the face of the earth. Or, they could stop the terrorist acts and stop. But they wont. They never did in the past, so I hope Israel drives them into the ground.

Upvote 0

panterapat

Praise God in all things!
Jun 4, 2002
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟9,767.00
Faith
Catholic
The Israelites are God's chosen people. World events from antiquity have frequently pivoted around the fate of the Jews. From Abraham to today, the Jewish people have had a profound effect on the world.

Today's problems have roots in Issiac and Ishamel. Abraham and Sarah couldn't have children. Abraham then fathered Ishamel with his slave girl. Then an angel visited Abraham and Sarah promising a child to them. When Issiac was born, Ishamel was banished. Ishamel begins the Islamic lineage. Issiac through Abraham is the Hebrew/Jewish lineage, and by extension the Christian lineage.

The anamosity borne in this event has come full circle as we see the Arabs and Jews fighting still. As we approach what some say could be the end times, I feel that it is imperitive that we support God's chosen people.

In Christ, Patrick

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bouncer

May 30, 2002
Canada
Visit site
✟1,032.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Israelites are God's chosen people. World events from antiquity have frequently pivoted around the fate of the Jews. From Abraham to today, the Jewish people have had a profound effect on the world.

Today's problems have roots in Issiac and Ishamel. Abraham and Sarah couldn't have children. Abraham then fathered Ishamel with his slave girl. Then an angel visited Abraham and Sarah promising a child to them. When Issiac was born, Ishamel was banished. Ishamel begins the Islamic lineage. Issiac through Abraham is the Hebrew/Jewish lineage, and by extension the Christian lineage.

The anamosity borne in this event has come full circle as we see the Arabs and Jews fighting still. As we approach what some say could be the end times, I feel that it is imperitive that we support God's chosen people.

In Christ, Patrick

From all the posts here, I have seen many hands in favor of Israel, but no valid reasons on why, other than the Israelites being Gods chosen people....
The Israelites are no more Gods chosen people than the Arabs themselves are.....I see no reason to support Israel if they are in the wrong.....
There is nothing JUST about what Israel is doing, and I see the palestinian reaction as a desperate move, fuelled by a fanatical religion.
I really dont know who is in the right and who is in the wrong, and i'm not sure whether we can make that distinction any more, but blindly supporting Israel, is pure ignorance!

Patrick:

Are you trying to say that just because Ishmael was banished in favor of Isaac, we must support the israelites, without knowing the true cause of the conflict, and perhaps allowing for the possibility that the Israelites might be in the wrong ??

&nbsp;

Upvote 0

bouncer

May 30, 2002
Canada
Visit site
✟1,032.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Israel is justified because the fact that they have been attacked by Palestine and the other Arab nations repeatedly since the nation was first created.

Since the nation was first created by who ?........

"The Balfour Declaration, made in November 1917 by the British Government...was made
a) by a European power,
b) about a non-European territory,
c) in flat disregard of both the presence and wishes of the native majority resident in that territory.

As far as I know, it was the Arabs who were in the majority in the region at that time, and lived there for centuries.....apparently since the 7th century.
Jewish settlers arrived there and decided it was time to claim their ancestral property back.....and with support from the ruling British the Balfour Declaration was made...probably people who errantly believed that just because the Jews WERE Gods people had a right to the place, more so than the infidel Arabs who currently live there.....?

I'm not pro-arab or anti-semitic, but I believe we should look at this whole issue from both sides. Being Christian, my heart wants to support Israel as well, but we CANNOT ignore facts and history....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bouncer

May 30, 2002
Canada
Visit site
✟1,032.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I support Israel. If they were to pull back, the Palenstines will just start sending more bombers again. I think they've already pretty much proved that.

I suppose the Israelites were nice enough not to kill any of the palestinians when they kicked them out of their own Country ????
I mean come on, I dont support the palestinians actions, but dont you think there must be a reason they act the way they do ?
I have read enough about Israeli atrocities on palestine to make the suicide bombers look like nothing!

Upvote 0

Job_38

<font size="1"> In perfect orbit they have circled
Jul 24, 2002
✟2,013.00
Originally posted by bouncer

I suppose the Israelites were nice enough not to kill any of the palestinians when they kicked them out of their own Country ????
I mean come on, I dont support the palestinians actions, but dont you think there must be a reason they act the way they do ?
I have read enough about Israeli atrocities on palestine to make the suicide bombers look like nothing!

&nbsp;

&nbsp;Please list(from a credible scource) the actrocities commited by the Israelis that were ordered by the govt.

Upvote 0

bouncer

May 30, 2002
Canada
Visit site
✟1,032.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Please list(from a credible scource) the actrocities commited by the Israelis that were ordered by the govt.

I suggest that you do a simple search on Google or Yahoo or any other search engine of your choice on "Israeli atrocities on palestine", and you can choose what you want to believe from among those......

But if you really believe that the Israeli government is without fault in this whole issue, then you ARE pretty naive.....

Besides, the question of "who" really created the present Israeli government still remains! Was it really the wish of the majority of the population in that region, at that time ?

Upvote 0

coastie

Hallelujah Adonai Yeshua!
Apr 6, 2002
Central Valley of CA
Visit site
✟8,286.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
On 14 May 1948, Israel proclaimed its independence. Less than 24 hours later, the regular armies of Egypt, Jordan, Syria, Lebanon and Iraq invaded the country, forcing Israel to defend the sovereignty it had regained in its ancestral homeland.

In Israel's War of Independence the brand new military (IDF) were very poorly equipped and lost 6,000 Israeli lives before fending off the intrusion. At the time 6,000 lives was somewhere near 1% of the Israelis living there.

If that isn't earning it, I don't know what is.

Who created the Israeli government? Israel, not the League of Nations, they just stabilized it. Israel wasn't even a nation in 1917... not until 1948.

Before then it was pretty much run by the Brittish. The Jews had to go somewhere.

From all the posts here, I have seen many hands in favor of Israel, but no valid reasons on why, other than the Israelites being Gods chosen people....

Our reasons are not valid enough for you? Tell me what a valid reason would be.

I have a couple... how about Israel fought for it and won... how's that. Maybe the reason I sympathize with them is because they are somewhat like the US in that they fought the good fight to call themselves a sovereign nation and won.

As for the attrocities, there isn't an Arab nation around that isn't guilty of the same thing, which in no way excuses it but also shows that no one here is without fault.

Look at the facts however you want, this is extremely contraversial, and the reason is because it is so hard to cut through the fat (was fact but I changed it... hehehe) and see the situation for what it is.

In my opinion.. Arafat couldn't adequately rule his way out of a wet paper bag, and Sharon is a little trigger happy, but in his shoes, I probably would be too.

Upvote 0