Do you struggle with depression as a christian? You are not alone...

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This is posted from a non copy write blog: Nadia (in her mid 20's) tried to commit suicide in December of 2019. She is a viral poster on twitter and has over 20,000 twitter followers. She is a missionary and an on fire Christian. But she has depression. And sometimes it hits out of nowhere. If you have struggled with suicide, or depression or both you need to read her latest blog post.....I will post it word for word here....

"At this point, I don’t think it’s a shock to anyone that even as Christ followers, we’re not exempt from bad things happening to us and we’re most definitely not exempt from feeling the messy emotions that living in a broken and fallen world naturally brings.

Unfortunately, heartache, grief, and disappointment are all factors that play much too big of a role in this place we reside in called earth.

If you follow me on twitter, you most likely saw that a month and a half ago, I tweeted this:

4 years of self harm, 6 years of clinical depression, anxiety, and OCD, 3 suicide attempts, the loss of my dad & brother… some days i don’t know how i survived.

but i serve a God who defies the odds & doesn’t just restore, but creates a brand new beginning.

glory to Jesus.

— Nadia Louise Thomas (@nadialthomas) December 17, 2019

The next day, that number 3 went up to number 4.
For the fourth time in my life and for the first time in five years, I attempted to take it into my own hands.

The day I tweeted that, I felt victorious. I felt as if I could conquer anything that life throws at me. After all I’ve overcome in the past, I felt confident that there wasn’t a single thing that I couldn’t handle… until that mindset was shattered the very next day.

That’s the reality of depression—the day after feeling joyous and victorious, I woke up and suddenly the pain from all that I’ve lost in the past became fresh all over again all at once. No trigger. No reason whatsoever for it to come back with the intensity that it did. It just did. The reality of depression is that it’s utterly unexpected and it comes and goes as it pleases, most often with the most inconsiderate timing.

That dreaded day, the pain became much too overwhelming and the cloud that encased my mind became much too dark. The emotions were raw and oh so substantial. As the feelings of victory dimmed and the feelings of hopelessness grew, I very explicitly told the Lord, “Lord, if all you have in store for my life is pain, I want out.” and attempted to remove my life from His hands and decided to place it in my own.

You see, mental illness and suicidal thoughts are a very, very scary thing to talk about for someone who suffers from them. Bringing the struggle to the surface after shoving it deep down in the depths of our souls requires a painful amount of vulnerability and substantial amount of grace. Those who battle with a mental illness often convince themselves that they’ll receive judgment rather than grace if they bring their struggle to the light, but sweet friend, I’m here to tell you that you can’t heal what you hide. Vulnerability takes bravery, and bravery is a result of placing our victory in the One who died for us rather than in our circumstance which shatters us.

It’s much too easy for a Christian to feel shame for battling a mental illness—most times self inflicted, if we’re being honest. We’re supposed to just walk in the joy of the Lord and we’ll be happy, right? We’re supposed to “just have faith” and everything will be okay, right? Wrong. This is not only a dangerous mindset to have, but also an unBiblical one. We see many men and women of the faith all throughout the Bible that battled depression and suicidal thoughts. Moses, King David, Jeremiah, Elijah, Job… just to name a few.

The reality is, the child of God isn’t protected from suffering, but we’re protected through it. But as someone who knows their rightful spot as righteous before the Father, we have the privilege to use our suffering to lessen the suffering of the lost and broken world that encases us. Because of the hope of a soon coming King set before us, we can rest knowing that the ache is temporary and He is coming to wipe every tear from our weary eyes. And as a child of the living King, we can rest assured that not a single fragment of our pain will go unused for the furtherance of the Kingdom. What a sweet, sweet promise to cling to.

I think one of the most beautiful things about the Lord is that no matter how hard we try to take our life out of His hands, He never loses His grip. Jesus said in John 10:29 “My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand.” and I don’t know about you, but this comforts me to the core—to know that my fragile heart is safe in the hands of a gentle Father.

I can’t help but to love so much that He’s the type of God who is full of compassion and chooses to sit with us in our pain rather than expecting us to get over it. He may not take the hurt away in the way we longed for, but He will never fail to use it for a much greater purpose than we could ever imagine if we simply offer it to Him (Ephesians 3:20).

Sweet friend, if you’re someone who finds themself in an ongoing battle with your mind, be comforted in the fact that:

-The Father promises us that He is near to the brokenhearted and saves those crushed in spirit (Psalm 34:18)
-He’s the type of God who goes with you to fight for you against your enemies to give you the victory (Deuteronomy 20:4)
-He longs to carry the weight of our burdens for us (Psalm 55:22)
-We find rest for our minds and souls in Him and Him alone (Matthew 11:28-30)
-If you belong to Him, He hears your prayers and cries for help and comes to the rescue every time. Maybe not in the way we expected, but He is always faithful to show up (Isaiah 41:10)
-You are free. You may not always feel like it, but the good news is your feelings don’t dictate your freedom (2 Corinthians 3:17)

Child, when your thoughts wage war, behold Him. And as you wait for the miracle to come, worship Him. He is worthy of all the praise even when your circumstance leaves you in a shattered place.

And if you’re someone who finds themself in an ongoing battle with your mind, please talk to someone. Find refuge in a safe person. Get the help you deserve to have. Your life is much too precious to not be taken care of properly. And sweet friend, always remember that you can’t heal what you hide. You’re braver than you know, and the world is so much better with you in it."

-Nadia Louise Thomas
(here is her blog where this was posted)
nadialouisethomas.com (click here to read more articles by her

On national suicide prevention day (september 10th) a youth pastor who was a mental health advocate and cofounder of anthem of hope ministries which minister to christians with depression, took his own life. It hit me hard, I wept for weeks, I still tear up when I think about it. I never seen so many people talk about loving your family, hugging your kids, and just over all loving on people like I did the following weeks after that. I remember Nadia, was also brought to tears, and 3 months after this is she tried to take her own life. So the above blog post was written out of desperation and how to overcome these depressive bouts. But the key is to get help, to have your network ready when you need it.

If you feel you need to talk to someone call suicide hotline: 1-800-273-8255

(if you are blessed by what she wrote above and want to help out, try double checking these hotlines to see which ones are still active and creating a new list:
24/7 Crisis Lines)

Here are some more that I double checked myself: (click to enlarge)(I posted a downloadable link to an image where you can print it out, and cut it in 6 sheets)
hotlines.png

Click here to print out hotlines and keep in wallet or in Bible to hand out to people in need:
hotlines.png

Last edited:

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This is posted from a non copy write blog: Nadia (in her mid 20's) tried to commit suicide in December of 2019. She is a viral poster on twitter and has over 20,000 twitter followers. She is a missionary and an on fire Christian. But she has depression. And sometimes it hits out of nowhere. If you have struggled with suicide, or depression or both you need to read her latest blog post.....I will post it word for word here....

"At this point, I don’t think it’s a shock to anyone that even as Christ followers, we’re not exempt from bad things happening to us and we’re most definitely not exempt from feeling the messy emotions that living in a broken and fallen world naturally brings.

Unfortunately, heartache, grief, and disappointment are all factors that play much too big of a role in this place we reside in called earth.

If you follow me on twitter, you most likely saw that a month and a half ago, I tweeted this:

4 years of self harm, 6 years of clinical depression, anxiety, and OCD, 3 suicide attempts, the loss of my dad & brother… some days i don’t know how i survived.

but i serve a God who defies the odds & doesn’t just restore, but creates a brand new beginning.

glory to Jesus.

For the fourth time in my life and for the first time in five years, I attempted to take it into my own hands.

The day I tweeted that, I felt victorious. I felt as if I could conquer anything that life throws at me. After all I’ve overcome in the past, I felt confident that there wasn’t a single thing that I couldn’t handle… until that mindset was shattered the very next day.

That’s the reality of depression—the day after feeling joyous and victorious, I woke up and suddenly the pain from all that I’ve lost in the past became fresh all over again all at once. No trigger. No reason whatsoever for it to come back with the intensity that it did. It just did. The reality of depression is that it’s utterly unexpected and it comes and goes as it pleases, most often with the most inconsiderate timing.

That dreaded day, the pain became much too overwhelming and the cloud that encased my mind became much too dark. The emotions were raw and oh so substantial. As the feelings of victory dimmed and the feelings of hopelessness grew, I very explicitly told the Lord, “Lord, if all you have in store for my life is pain, I want out.” and attempted to remove my life from His hands and decided to place it in my own.

You see, mental illness and suicidal thoughts are a very, very scary thing to talk about for someone who suffers from them. Bringing the struggle to the surface after shoving it deep down in the depths of our souls requires a painful amount of vulnerability and substantial amount of grace. Those who battle with a mental illness often convince themselves that they’ll receive judgment rather than grace if they bring their struggle to the light, but sweet friend, I’m here to tell you that you can’t heal what you hide. Vulnerability takes bravery, and bravery is a result of placing our victory in the One who died for us rather than in our circumstance which shatters us.

It’s much too easy for a Christian to feel shame for battling a mental illness—most times self inflicted, if we’re being honest. We’re supposed to just walk in the joy of the Lord and we’ll be happy, right? We’re supposed to “just have faith” and everything will be okay, right? Wrong. This is not only a dangerous mindset to have, but also an unBiblical one. We see many men and women of the faith all throughout the Bible that battled depression and suicidal thoughts. Moses, King David, Jeremiah, Elijah, Job… just to name a few.

The reality is, the child of God isn’t protected from suffering, but we’re protected through it. But as someone who knows their rightful spot as righteous before the Father, we have the privilege to use our suffering to lessen the suffering of the lost and broken world that encases us. Because of the hope of a soon coming King set before us, we can rest knowing that the ache is temporary and He is coming to wipe every tear from our weary eyes. And as a child of the living King, we can rest assured that not a single fragment of our pain will go unused for the furtherance of the Kingdom. What a sweet, sweet promise to cling to.

I think one of the most beautiful things about the Lord is that no matter how hard we try to take our life out of His hands, He never loses His grip. Jesus said in John 10:29 “My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand.” and I don’t know about you, but this comforts me to the core—to know that my fragile heart is safe in the hands of a gentle Father.

I can’t help but to love so much that He’s the type of God who is full of compassion and chooses to sit with us in our pain rather than expecting us to get over it. He may not take the hurt away in the way we longed for, but He will never fail to use it for a much greater purpose than we could ever imagine if we simply offer it to Him (Ephesians 3:20).

Sweet friend, if you’re someone who finds themself in an ongoing battle with your mind, be comforted in the fact that:

-The Father promises us that He is near to the brokenhearted and saves those crushed in spirit (Psalm 34:18)
-He’s the type of God who goes with you to fight for you against your enemies to give you the victory (Deuteronomy 20:4)
-If you belong to Him, He hears your prayers and cries for help and comes to the rescue every time. Maybe not in the way we expected, but He is always faithful to show up (Isaiah 41:10)
-You are free. You may not always feel like it, but the good news is your feelings don’t dictate your freedom (2 Corinthians 3:17)

Child, when your thoughts wage war, behold Him. And as you wait for the miracle to come, worship Him. He is worthy of all the praise even when your circumstance leaves you in a shattered place.

And if you’re someone who finds themself in an ongoing battle with your mind, please talk to someone. Find refuge in a safe person. Get the help you deserve to have. Your life is much too precious to not be taken care of properly. And sweet friend, always remember that you can’t heal what you hide. You’re braver than you know, and the world is so much better with you in it."

-Nadia Louise Thomas
Alive.

On national suicide prevention day (september 10th) a youth pastor who was a mental health advocate and cofounder of anthem of hope ministries which minister to christians with depression, took his own life. It hit me hard, I wept for weeks, I still tear up when I think about it. I never seen so many people talk about loving your family, hugging your kids, and just over all loving on people like I did the following weeks after that. I remember Nadia, was also brought to tears, and 3 months after this is she tried to take her own life. So the above blog post was written out of desperation and how to overcome these depressive bouts. But the key is to get help, to have your network ready when you need it.

(if you are blessed by what she wrote above and want to help out, try double checking these hotlines to see which ones are still active and creating a new list:
24/7 Crisis Lines)

Here are some more that I double checked myself: (click to enlarge)(downloadable image below this, on my cloud)
View attachment 271317

Click here to print out hotlines and keep in wallet or in Bible to hand out to people in need:
hotlines.png

It's important to consider that none of this comes from nowhere.
It most often comes from childhood events that happened before you had the language skills to work though feelings with other people. I'm sure your aware that adults don't even have all the skills available to do that. Just imagine any trama happening in early life.

And it doesn't even have to be trama. Just living a "normal healthy" life but not having a parent available for one event can lead to suppressed feelings that can re-manifest at any time later in your life. And there may be scores of such incidents you haven't worked through with maturity.

Depression is rarely uncalled for. Rather, it is called for. You just don't recognise what the reason is because the event happened more than a week ago.

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It's important to consider that none of this comes from nowhere.
It most often comes from childhood events that happened before you had the language skills to work though feelings with other people. I'm sure your aware that adults don't even have all the skills available to do that. Just imagine any trama happening in early life.

And it doesn't even have to be trama. Just living a "normal healthy" life but not having a parent available for one event can lead to suppressed feelings that can re-manifest at any time later in your life. And there may be scores of such incidents you haven't worked through with maturity.

Depression is rarely uncalled for. It is called for.
You just don't recognise what the reason is because the event happened more than a week ago.
then why did the founder of "anthem of hope" a christian suicide prevention ministry, kill himself on national suicide awareness day? Why did Nadia, after having a great victorious day with the Lord, the very next day "with no trigger" want to kill herself? Sometimes it has no earthly explanation. Sometimes it's just a chemical thing in the brain, that needs a prescription. Other times its a spiritual thing, satan telling you to kill yourself. I think satan told that brother to kill himself. I think he justified it thinking...."oh many people will remember what I did, and I will be a marter" . That is what satan always does. The only thing about lies, is they are not true. It's been five months, and no one talks about Jarrid wilson anymore. He is forgotten. So His life was lost for no reason. That is what suicide does. It takes your pain and transfers it to your loved ones. But you are correct sometimes there are triggers, in fact many times there are. But this article specifically mentions no trigger. And as far as I know Jarrid wilson didn't have a trigger either.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GodsGrace101

Supporter
Apr 17, 2018
Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

glory to Jesus.

-Nadia Louise Thomas
nadialouisethomas.com (click here to read more articles by her

24/7 Crisis Lines)

Here are some more that I double checked myself: (click to enlarge)(I posted a downloadable link to an image where you can print it out, and cut it in 6 sheets)
View attachment 271317

hotlines.png
What's the use of a hotlne?
I can't read all of the above.
Just have one question...
does it say in there, anywhere, that she's taking medicine for the depression?
It does exist.
It should be taken.
It really works.

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What's the use of a hotlne?
I can't read all of the above.
Just have one question...
does it say in there, anywhere, that she's taking medicine for the depression?
It does exist.
It should be taken.
It really works.
yes, she takes her medicine as far as I know, and Jarrid Wilson the guy who took His life, both took their medicine. But like the OP says sometimes life hits, she her father passed away in the weeks leading up to her attempt. And with Jarrid, one of his close friends took her life she was an on fire believer. So that led up to his attempt. So life hits us when we don't expect it. We need to be prepared.

here is the link so you can download it, and blow it up or whatever,
hotlines.png

Upvote 0

GodsGrace101

Supporter
Apr 17, 2018
Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
yes, she takes her medicine as far as I know, and Jarrid Wilson the guy who took His life, both took their medicine. But like the OP says sometimes life hits, she her father passed away in the weeks leading up to her attempt. And with Jarrid, one of his close friends took her life she was an on fire believer. So that led up to his attempt. So life hits us when we don't expect it. We need to be prepared.

here is the link so you can download it, and blow it up or whatever,
hotlines.png
Hi C,
The reason I posted what I did is because I don't have too much faith in psychiatry. It could help,,,but it cannot prevent.

I know persons with depression or anxiety and I know one with schizophrenia.
The only thing that helped was medication.

Perhaps both types of help could be used...but psychiatry alone will not be sufficient.

I like what you said about being prepared.
Christians are not immune to bad things....we get sick, we lose pets, we lose loved ones, some sickness is worse than death. I think we need to prepare ourselves when all is well...come to some type of understanding of this that each one of us can understand on an individual level so that when the bad things happen we're more prepared to deal with them.

Suicide has always been a mystery to me.
It happens when all hope is gone AND there's something else going on that is most probably psychological in nature. Some make-up in the person that does not allow them to see into the future.

Desperation is actually a sin. Satan loves it when we experience this feeling.
How to avoid it? How to keep the hope God gives us? How to feel the joy (not happiness) Jesus spoke of?

The world could be such a dark place.

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi C,
The reason I posted what I did is because I don't have too much faith in psychiatry. It could help,,,but it cannot prevent.

I know persons with depression or anxiety and I know one with schizophrenia.
The only thing that helped was medication.

Perhaps both types of help could be used...but psychiatry alone will not be sufficient.

I like what you said about being prepared.
Christians are not immune to bad things....we get sick, we lose pets, we lose loved ones, some sickness is worse than death. I think we need to prepare ourselves when all is well...come to some type of understanding of this that each one of us can understand on an individual level so that when the bad things happen we're more prepared to deal with them.

Suicide has always been a mystery to me.
It happens when all hope is gone AND there's something else going on that is most probably psychological in nature. Some make-up in the person that does not allow them to see into the future.

Desperation is actually a sin. Satan loves it when we experience this feeling.
How to avoid it? How to keep the hope God gives us? How to feel the joy (not happiness) Jesus spoke of?

The world could be such a dark place.
Yes it is a dark place. See what really hurt me was the death of Jarrid Wilson. I followed HIm on twitter, I grew to knew his humor and his ability to share that "if you are in need of medicine, there is no stigma as a christian to get the help you need, even if it involved pills." I am a former schizophrenic myself. I take pills every day, anti psychotics. Some people take the pills I do, and it don't work for them. That is because I am healed of it. God for some reason decided to heal me, I don't know why. Probably in part because I had 9 mouths to feed at home, and He needed me to keep working. Other parts of me just think He did it maybe to give others hope, I really don't know why He healed me but many others are not healed. I do know that I learned to fast and pray as a direct result of God answering the prayer of healing. I fast more than any one I personally know. Well there is one guy doing the same fast I am, but that is it. Most people just fast and stop, I keep going. Intermittently. But I do so because I see the spiritual realm literally change around me when I fast and pray. My life has meaning, I GET TO intercede on behalf of others. I GET TO. God has allowed me, a human made of ash, to speak into the ear of God and make requests on behalf of my loved ones and others he puts on my heart. That to me, makes perfect sense to fast and pray. I have overcome five addictions in the last five years, four in the last year. Probably more if I can think about it long enough. All starting from being healed mentally and using it to pray. But anyway, I think when when the enemy can get us focused on ourselves, then we can get depressed. If we focus our view on others, and on Christ. There is no depression there. Because self will, when it is killed, desires nothing for itself. Depression is always from the victim mentality, a self will that is crucified with Christ, does not have a self will. But it is so easy like paul to walk on water for a second, then to focus on the fact, "hey what I am I doing walking on the water, I am not God" and start to sink our perspectives back in to depressive mindsets. So it's all about Christ. There is no medicine that can cure depression that is true. But certain medicine can relax you and make you feel better physically. They cannot actually fix the things that depress you, they simply make you physically feel a little better. And there is no stigma in seeing a psychiatrist if that is what you need. Or a counselor. I don't think modern psychology helps anyone long term. Freudian views are relatively humanistic, while the Bible is much better geered in dealing with real life.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
then why did the founder of "anthem of hope" a christian suicide prevention ministry, kill himself on national suicide awareness day? Why did Nadia, after having a great victorious day with the Lord, the very next day "with no trigger" want to kill herself? Sometimes it has no earthly explanation. Sometimes it's just a chemical thing in the brain, that needs a prescription. Other times its a spiritual thing, satan telling you to kill yourself. I think satan told that brother to kill himself. I think he justified it thinking...."oh many people will remember what I did, and I will be a marter" . That is what satan always does. The only thing about lies, is they are not true. It's been five months, and no one talks about Jarrid wilson anymore. He is forgotten. So His life was lost for no reason. That is what suicide does. It takes your pain and transfers it to your loved ones. But you are correct sometimes there are triggers, in fact many times there are. But this article specifically mentions no trigger. And as far as I know Jarrid wilson didn't have a trigger either.

For the exact reasons I covered.

- It's important to consider that none of this comes from nowhere.
- It most often comes from childhood events that happened before you had the language skills to work though feelings with other people.

I'm sure your aware that adults don't even have all the skills available to do that. Just imagine any trama happening in early life.

- And it doesn't even have to be trama. Just living a "normal healthy" life but
- not having a parent available for one event can lead to suppressed feelings that can re-manifest at any time later in your life.
- And there may be scores of such incidents you haven't worked through with maturity.

Depression or thoughts of suicide are rarely, if ever, uncalled for.
Rather, it is called for by unresolved experiences in ones past.
- You just don't recognise what the reason is because the event happened more than a day ago, a week ago, a month ago, or at any moment after ones birth.
- Or maybe before birth.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
For the exact reasons I covered.

- It's important to consider that none of this comes from nowhere.
- It most often comes from childhood events that happened before you had the language skills to work though feelings with other people.

I'm sure your aware that adults don't even have all the skills available to do that. Just imagine any trama happening in early life.

- And it doesn't even have to be trama. Just living a "normal healthy" life but
- not having a parent available for one event can lead to suppressed feelings that can re-manifest at any time later in your life.
- And there may be scores of such incidents you haven't worked through with maturity.

Depression or thoughts of suicide are rarely, if ever, uncalled for.
Rather, it is called for by unresolved experiences in ones past.
- You just don't recognise what the reason is because the event happened more than a day ago, a week ago, a month ago, or at any moment after ones birth.
- Or maybe before birth.
I agree that much depression has a trigger. But sometimes it doesnt. Again the articlefts mwntions itjust came overnight for no reason. It could have been chemical, psychological or spiritual. And so far you onlY speak of triggers. Which is where most psychology is limited to. See feuding psychology does not help many, in many cases it actually hurts people. You get them thinking better of self then one day they realize this self esteem is a lie, that life is not all that grand and they end it right there and then. Christ has us focus above ourselves, instead if a victim mentality we literally focus on Him, how He is glorified. Instead of self esteem we speak of Christ esteem. Instead of loving ones self, we deny self. It's quite the opposite of all the worldly ways of focusing on this.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I agree that much depression has a trigger. But sometimes it doesn't.

I'm sure your aware that adults don't even have all the skills available to do that.
Just imagine any trama happening in early life. You would have no idea why it surfaced.

It can take years of theory to uncover trauma or discover trigger events.
And even then it might not ever be resolved.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

I'm sure your aware that adults don't even have all the skills available to do that.
Just imagine any trama happening in early life. You would have no idea why it surfaced.

It can take years of theory to uncover trauma or discover trigger events.
And even then it might not ever be resolved.
Not always, most of my mental health issues were entirely due to issues as an adult.

Upvote 0