Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Um are you trying to imply that I have no fruit in my life,Because I certainly do
and many gifts and talents in God.
:) im certainly making you rethink what you define as fruit . fruit is not gifts and attributes .. it is multiplication . that is why so many weekend church sitters are unfruitful .they are being taught fruit is a feeling or something . its not . an apple tree is not fruitful because it has lots of new feelings about itself - its not fruitful until it produces more apples .. makes you think huh

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Boidae

Senior Veteran
Aug 18, 2010
Central Florida
✟21,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
:) im certainly making you rethink what you define as fruit . fruit is not gifts and attributes .. it is multiplication . that is why so many weekend church sitters are unfruitful .they are being taught fruit is a feeling or something . its not . an apple tree is not fruitful because it has lost of new feelings about itself - its not fruitful untill it produces more apples .. makes you think huh

And then there is what the Bible says is the fruit;

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

So clear in its presentation and easy to understand.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And then there is what the Bible says is the fruit;

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

So clear in its presentation and easy to understand.
yes that is the fruit of the holy Spirit in a person , but any tree that does not bear fruit is cut off and burnt up. so i know the lord is not going to cut off the holy Spirit and burn him up .
so please don't try to take two different instances of the analogy of fruit and try to make them the same one .
the kingdom of god is to be increased
when he told Adam and Eve to go forth and multiply he did not mean go forth and be loving joyful kind good etc - he meant MULTIPLY and fill the earth . become more of what you are .

Upvote 0

Boidae

Senior Veteran
Aug 18, 2010
Central Florida
✟21,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
yes that is the fruit of the holy Spirit in a person , but any tree that does not bear fruit is cut off and burnt up. so i know the lord is not going to cut off the holy Spirit and burn him up .
so please don't try to take two different instances of the analogy of fruit and try to make them the same one .
the kingdom of god is to be increased
when he told Adam and Eve to go forth and multiply he did not mean go forth and be loving joyful kind good etc - he meant MULTIPLY and fill the earth . become more of what you are .

That is not what you said.

You said that fruits are not gifts and attributes, yet, from the Bible I showed you that they are indeed attributes.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That is not what you said.

You said that fruits are not gifts and attributes, yet, from the Bible I showed you that they are indeed attributes.
and they are not gifts and attributes .. as i said the list you quote is listed by the apostles as the "fruits of the holy Spirit " he is completely fruitful .
the fruit the lord Jesus is referring to in a different place on a different conversation had a completely different meaning and that is obvious . saying " any branch that does not bear fruit will be cut off .. a branch does not bear many different fruits so we know he is not talking about the same topic as the epistles . he is speaking of the multiplication of the tree and that is to produce more disciples which fits in with everything he ever said . in this context fruit is .. to produce more disciples ..to multiply .

Upvote 0