United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Thank you. Listening now.

This is a great sermon. Paul Washer preaches to groups of pastors often. No matter what denomination one comes from Paul's preaching should make a lot of sense.

I just finished listening to this one myself and I give it an A plus. I will be thinking of these things today as I take a nice bicycle ride around Mission Bay.

M-Bob

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,553.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
This is a great sermon. Paul Washer preaches to groups of pastors often. No matter what denomination one comes from Paul's preaching should make a lot of sense.

I just finished listening to this one myself and I give it an A plus. I will be thinking of these things today as I take a nice bicycle ride around Mission Bay.

M-Bob

i agree.

Amen.

Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

I'm back
Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟676,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This is actually not a forum for presenting sermons, but for people who are looking for Christian advice on their particular, personal, issues. This website is so big that the sermon might fit better elsewhere.

The sermon is presenting advice to western born or raised youth, so i see no harm in it being here. It's good advice - for anyone!

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,072,731.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
The sermon is presenting advice to western born or raised youth, so i see no harm in it being here. It's good advice - for anyone!
Well, it's not for me to say but the mod. However the stated purpose of this forum, as seem on the first page is to request advice, not give it in an unsolicited way. Personally when I click on a link to offer advice, maybe some prayers, and I see someone preaching instead, well, it's not the way I prefer to have spent my time.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Can't watch the video right now but I can go ahead & answer the thread title question. Yes I surely do see God working in my life. Every day! I'm very thankful for that.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This is actually not a forum for presenting sermons, but for people who are looking for Christian advice on their particular, personal, issues. This website is so big that the sermon might fit better elsewhere.

Only trying to help some that might be wondering or struggling. This sermon sure did make my day.

My middle name should have been Repent instead of Ray.

Is there a place on this form where you think it would fit better?

Or is posting sermons a no no.

I hope I'm not in trouble again jeepers!

M-Bob

• Friendly
Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,072,731.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Only trying to help some that might be wondering or struggling. This sermon sure did make my day.

My middle name should have been Repent instead of Ray.

Is there a place on this form where you think it would fit better?

Or is posting sermons a no no.

I hope I'm not in trouble again jeepers!

M-Bob
Oh I don't think you will be in a bit of trouble. Obviously you meant well, meant no harm at all. If a mod decides that the post is not appropriate he or she will simply move it to the right forum. I don't know what that would be.

I just gave my opinion. I'm not a mod and I can't speak for them. We all do hear sermons that we think give great advice, though, and sometimes are very eager to share them with others we think can be blessed by them. But, it will be up to a mod to decide if such advice belongs here or elsewhere.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,072,731.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Oh I don't think you will be in a bit of trouble. Obviously you meant well, meant no harm at all. If a mod decides that the post is not appropriate he or she will simply move it to the right forum. I don't know what that would be.

I just gave my opinion. I'm not a mod and I can't speak for them. We all do hear sermons that we think give great advice, though, and sometimes are very eager to share them with others we think can be blessed by them. But, it will be up to a mod to decide if such advice belongs here or elsewhere.
P.S. I've gottten "in trouble" with mods sometimes, too. lol I suspect many have. They do a good job, though.

Upvote 0

sunshineforJesus

is so in love with God
Feb 19, 2014
Sterling Ct
✟709,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I will watch the video later on,but in answer
to your question I really do see God working in my life,and can tell he is changing
my heart and helping me to further grow in him.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟94,492.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I will watch the video later on,but in answer
to your question I really do see God working in my life,and can tell he is changing
my heart and helping me to further grow in him.
care to elaborate as to How that is made evident ?

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Even though falling short at many times.
Due to sickening sin.

A healthy conscience that gives us the desire to do the things of God.

Understanding and thinking often of biblical repentance.

As I get older I sin less but, my sin bothers me more.

Realizing that I am covered by Jesus blood but, that is no license to sin.

M-Bob

• Agree
Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟94,492.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Even though falling short at many times.
Due to sickening sin.

A healthy conscience that gives us the desire to do the things of God.

Understanding and thinking often of biblical repentance.

As I get older I sin less but, my sin bothers me more.

Realizing that I am covered by Jesus blood but, that is no license to sin.

M-Bob
don't do sickening sin any more ok . just Dont . your free . free does not mean we cannot sin , free means we never ever "have" to ever again .
if you want me to elaborate on that im happy to because there are actions people do which are works of sin (these we must not do any more they are never acceptable) and then there are a lot of thoughts ad emotions people perceive to be sin but are not yet sin ..unless you want them . and the wanting is sinful ..

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
don't do sickening sin any more ok . just Dont . your free . free does not mean we cannot sin , free means we never ever "have" to ever again .
if you want me to elaborate on that im happy to because there are actions people do which are works of sin (these we must not do any more they are never acceptable) and then there are a lot of thoughts ad emotions people perceive to be sin but are not yet sin ..unless you want them . and the wanting is sinful ..

Been there done that got the T-shirt.
M-Bob

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

M-Bob

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

M-Bob

Upvote 0

sunshineforJesus

is so in love with God
Feb 19, 2014
Sterling Ct
✟709,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
care to elaborate as to How that is made evident ?

I can tell because I have more of a passion for God and especially in studying his word,and lately have even been researching verses to get more out of them.I also have been going after God and seeking more of him lately.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟94,492.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I can tell because I have more of a passion for God and especially in studying his word,and lately have even been researching verses to get more out of them.I also have been going after God and seeking more of him lately.
passion is not bad in itself -but a tree no mater how passionately green and leafy ,that had no fruit ,is a fruitless tree . and what is fruit ? it is the multiplication of what we are . thus if no one is coming to the lord to repent and begin the way of salvation and being discipled ..then all passion is in vain

Upvote 0

sunshineforJesus

is so in love with God
Feb 19, 2014
Sterling Ct
✟709,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
passion is not bad in itself -but a tree no mater how passionately green and leafy ,that had no fruit ,is a fruitless tree . and what is fruit ? it is the multiplication of what we are . thus if no one is coming to the lord to repent and begin the way of salvation and being discipled ..then all passion is in vain

Um are you trying to imply that I have no fruit in my life,Because I certainly do
and many gifts and talents in God.

Upvote 0