Do you regret how your life has turned out?

Mess

Jun 12, 2010
✟16,275.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Plenty of things I would love to change, but there are also things I'm more than happy with. I got great friends, found what I think is the love of my life, and finally sort of figuring out what I want to do with my life. Now there are plenty of things I wish I could change, the state of my knee(and the rest of my body), the way I treated some of my peers before I became christian, and most definitely my history with inappropriate content, and there are quite a few more if I'd focus on thinking about it. I'd give anything to be able to change the inappropriate content thing. Then again, it has made me extremely determined to help the males around me battle it, and it has lead to a great initiative from a buddy and myself, so some good has come out of it. Just wish it didn't have to hurt the girl I love.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Apollo Celestio

Deal with it.
Jul 11, 2007
Ohio
✟36,579.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
People, accepted norms etc.
Some of us are born outside that box and find it easy to throw away, while the rest is maturity.

Regret has plagued my life before, but it is a waste of time that serves no positive end. You may mourn, but you must eventually move on.

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I used to never have any real regrets
even things that went poorly
I would say "well atleast i learned something" and "well that helped me become the person I am today"

but for about the past year and a half I have had the feeling of crushing regret every day, I just can not get over this mistake
I hate myself

Upvote 0

MacFall

Agorist
Nov 24, 2007
Western Pennsylvania, USA
✟25,688.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
People, accepted norms etc.

I deal with those people by recognizing that they do not have any right to control my life.

I deal with those norms by recognizing that they are the arbitrary or self-validating expectations of people who do not have any right to control my life.

Upvote 0

redblue22

You Are Special.
Jan 13, 2012
✟73,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I often feel that people who hate themselves feel that I too should hate them. If I don't hate them, then they get mad. These self-haters also seem offended that I do not hate myself as well. Too often they seem to want to help me hate myself.

I think many self-haters want me to fail and they give me bad advice on purpose. I listen to everyone, but I am very aware that there are people in this world who desire and take pleasure in my downfall. Many people even think they are doing good by handing out advice when they know little about me or the subject area they advise.

I found that it was a good idea for me to learn how to deal with people that control, punish, shame, and judge. It is no use trying to talk to them because they choose to misunderstand what I say in order to dig in some negative comment that makes them somehow superior.

Upvote 0

IamStefanie

Nov 8, 2011
Dallas, TX
✟8,044.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I thought about this question. There are somethings that still bother me - like how I treated some people. How could I even be like that? But over all, no, I don't regret how my life has come so far. I guess because it's not all that bad. And I have the Lord Jesus as my saving grace.

Upvote 0

Cyax

& amp; amp; quot ;You ' re
May 5, 2011
✟15,297.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I do. I could have been rich and successful, especially with my connections, but I was too idealistic. Now looking back, I regret ever being idealistic and wish I had been more realistic.

Do you have such regrets regarding matters of love, career, anythjng at all?

Everything that has happended has been predestioned throughout all of eternity. Weakness and pain togeather I thank God for bringing this day to me.

If I had the power to change it then my God is not a soverign God, this world: fake. And God truly didn't elect me out of many.

Upvote 0

Going Merry

‏‏‏‏ ‏‏‏‏
Mar 14, 2012
✟16,924.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I used to never have any real regrets
even things that went poorly
I would say "well atleast i learned something" and "well that helped me become the person I am today"

but for about the past year and a half I have had the feeling of crushing regret every day, I just can not get over this mistake
I hate myself

PM me, tell me what it's about

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums