Do you regret how your life has turned out?

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Well if anything does happen, it will be at my own hand. I'm not dying from cancer because I chose to smoke at a young age, or anything like that lol.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hmm
Been to a counselor?

In the past, yes. I wouldn't let him/her influence this decision though.

Don't worry about it. Some people in life are winners, some are losers.

Upvote 0

redblue22

You Are Special.
Jan 13, 2012
✟73,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I really like my life. I like how things have turned out. I feel really blessed. I feel happy, not just content. I followed my dreams. Are there hard times sometimes? definitely. I don't really feel the whole everything happened to bring me to be me. I see a lot of divine intervention throughout my life--and family/friend intervention too. the only things I would take back would be the times I hurt God or others or myself. but I look and see that things really turned out great in spite of my own destructive choices. I feel so thankful. I feel loved. I think of all the people who helped, believed in me, and spent time on me.

Upvote 0

Miles

Student of Life
Mar 6, 2005
USA
✟382,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Not really. Although I probably should have studied more during my first two years of college, and been more involved with the music program, regret is too strong a word. My decisions were based on what my life was like at the time.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

somebodysangel_88

one day, I'll fly away.
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2008
Indiana.
✟481,099.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Yes and no. My life was perfect (how I deem perfect anyways, not PERFECT perfect) until I hit college age. There are some days I think about what I should have done differently. Like right now, I think about what would happen if I would do what some people are telling me to do, but it's my life, I'll live it the way I want to and if this is going to happen, so be it. I'll get through it. What doesn't kill me, only makes me stronger.

Upvote 0

Touma

Feb 19, 2007
Virginia
✟19,033.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I used to, but then I grew up and I learned that life isn't going to be idealistic. It happens certain ways. Things go outside of our control. We mess up. We learn.

As long as I continue to have a breath in my lungs, I will praise God for this life he has given me. :)

Upvote 0

Amber.ly

Predictably eccentric and honestly hypocritical
Mar 1, 2010
Gone- PM if you need me
✟22,486.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've never been one with big dreams or goals for my life. I like living in the moment and taking what comes as it comes. So no regrets as to what kind of different path my life could have taken.

Could I have done more, seen more or been more? Sure. I also could have done less, seen less and been less but I thank God for what He has done in my life and where He has led me.

Reactions: Rhamiel
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Obzocky

Senior Contributor
Dec 24, 2009
Rain Land
✟33,236.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Do I regret how my life has turned out: no.
Do I regret any decisions I have made: no.
Do I regret how these decisions have made other people feel: at times, but I cannot control how people react to them.
Do I regret how I have spent my money or who I have given it to: no.
Do I regret my career path: some days I have moments of "oh why, why did you go in this direction rather than that direction?" but they are moments, not regrets. The sort of moments you get when you realise how fierce the competition is for the paid jobs and how willingly retired/people with a fair amount of leisure time will do your job for free. It's a motivator to continue with my professional development more than anything.
Do I regret anything else?: not really. Life happens, i'm dealing with enough of the fall out from various actions as it is without factoring in regret.

Upvote 0

Miles

Student of Life
Mar 6, 2005
USA
✟382,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Yes, but it doesn't mean that's the final turn out. There is always a chance to make something better of it. You just have to push forward.

Great point. This isn't the final turn out. As long as we're alive and kicking, improvement is possible.

Upvote 0

white dove

(she's a) maniac
Jan 23, 2004
Out there, livin'
✟49,357.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
No. Anything I've done or things that have happened to me in my life have all helped me become the woman I am now. And I really don't think that woman is half-bad. Even if given the chance to re-do some things to make my current life "better", I wouldn't undo or re-do anything. I wouldn't be any happier than I am now. If I constantly thought and said, "If only I had more of ___ or ____, I would be happy," I would be miserable no matter what I had in my life. I have so many blessings, I can do nothing else but give that to others and I think that is the entire point of living - to bring honor and glory to God through our lives.

Upvote 0

brohammer26

Jan 30, 2012
✟8,375.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Yes regret a ton of things. Largely being so influenced by my family at a young age and not knowing how to make my own decisions. I had learned behaviors of always making my father happy and not to worry about myself. Up until about the age of 25 I was a obsessive people pleaser. This led to a lot of personality problems with depression and alcohol and so on. I didnt go for a degree I wanted, I didnt go to school where I wanted. I luckily made some good friends in the process.(the one plus) Finally at 26 I joined the military and took charge of my life. Have grown up tons but really wish I could go back to when I was much younger because I am far behind in life for my age. I mean I have heard of people starting careers and everything much later but I feel like I should be were someone who is about 24 is instead of 30. At least I am half way though a masters even though not so far along in career.

Upvote 0