Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟776,245.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
I grew up not far from the sea and have always loved beaches - especially for paddling in the water. I particularly love isolated serene beaches that are away from it all. My favourite places are along the North Northumberland coastline not far from the Scottish Border. Wide, beautiful, empty sandy beaches and plenty of historic monuments which give character to the area. I love having a nosey in rock pools and looking at different curiosities. But most of all I enjoy taking my camera as being by the coast always brings great photo opportunities.

Upvote 0

April_Rose

Jul 4, 2020
Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
I realize that I'm taking a big risk that anybody will actually know what I'm talking about here, but has anybody ever been to Apalachicola? @tampasteve might know what I'm talking about and I'm assuming the only Floridians. XD

Reactions: Anthony2019
Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟776,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I realize that I'm taking a big risk that anybody will actually know what I'm talking about here, but has anybody ever been to Apalachicola? @tampasteve might know what I'm talking about and I'm assuming the only Floridians. XD
I know where it is, but I have not actually been there. I have been to Cedar Key, that is a neat little town about half way between Tampa and Apalachicola. It's like Key West was 50 years ago (but smaller).

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟776,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
To answer your question though,

Beach to lounge, pool to swim. Our water is not always clear, and I don't like the idea of sharks around. I know they are not really that dangerous statistically...but I have seen to many. Pools are safer in that regard!

Reactions: April_Rose
Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
✟776,245.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
I've not been to Florida before - it is on my list of "to dos!" :)

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟776,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I stayed at this village in Wales a couple of weeks. Lovely B&B owner gave me a room overlooking the sea and I enjoyed wading up the beach at low tide with an amazing sunset.
Wales is cool, I did a summer abroad in the Cardiff metro area. I know a little Welsh too.

Upvote 0

April_Rose

Jul 4, 2020
Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
I know where it is, but I have not actually been there. I have been to Cedar Key, that is a neat little town about half way between Tampa and Apalachicola. It's like Key West was 50 years ago (but smaller).

Well I do believe that it's a really beautiful place to stay because he's not very well known and not too many tourists go there because of this. It's also a great place to go if you like seafood because all of their fish is freshly caught. :D

To answer your question though,

Beach to lounge, pool to swim. Our water is not always clear, and I don't like the idea of sharks around. I know they are not really that dangerous statistically...but I have seen to many. Pools are safer in that regard!

I'm from Ohio so I don't have to worry about any sharks,... luckily. ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

April_Rose

Jul 4, 2020
Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
I stayed at this village in Wales a couple of weeks. Lovely B&B owner gave me a room overlooking the sea and I enjoyed wading up the beach at low tide with an amazing sunset.

It looks absolutely beautiful there, did you make the video yourself?

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
✟776,245.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
It looks absolutely beautiful there, did you make the video yourself?
Yeah - I was sitting at home and had a few days off work. The first morning I was staring at my camera on my desk and I had a sudden inspiration to go away for a few days and take some photos. The weather was so hot and I thought I would go to the coast. I picked up the phone and spoke to the lady at the B&B who sorted a room for me and within an hour my rucksack was packed and I was on the train! This photo was taken in the early morning, I walked up the cliff and took a panorama video shot of the village and then did some footage down the beach.

Upvote 0

April_Rose

Jul 4, 2020
Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
Yeah - I was sitting at home and had a few days off work. The first morning I was staring at my camera on my desk and I had a sudden inspiration to go away for a few days and take some photos. The weather was so hot and I thought I would go to the coast. I picked up the phone and spoke to the lady at the B&B who sorted a room for me and within an hour my rucksack was packed and I was on the train! This photo was taken in the early morning, I walked up the cliff and took a panorama video shot of the village and then did some footage down the beach.

Cool! That's another reason why I prefer the beach over the swimming pool. Nature is something that God designed and you can really grasp of what a talented artist He was when you see how beautiful nature is. :)

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
✟776,245.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Cool! That's another reason why I prefer the beach over the swimming pool. Nature is something that God designed and you can really grasp of what a talented artist He was when you see how beautiful nature is. :)
It's a beautiful beach, but I would never go swimming in there. I am only an average swimmer so I certainly wouldn't chance it. When I left, I heard the news that a number of people were swept out by the strong currents and rip tides. I understand they were rescued but some of them had to be resucitated and airlifted to hospital.

Upvote 0

April_Rose

Jul 4, 2020
Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
It's a beautiful beach, but I would never go swimming in there. I am only an average swimmer so I certainly wouldn't chance it. When I left, I heard the news that a number of people were swept out by the strong currents and rip tides. I understand they were rescued but some of them had to be resucitated and airlifted to hospital.

Well some kind of beaches aren't meant for swimming anyways and yeah I took swimming lessons as a child but like you I am simply just average. That's why I'm glad to have on a life preserver whenever I go out on a boat,.. and that relates to this topic because at my beach people have boats, canoes, and kayak's. Never been out on a kayak before though and I haven't been at my beach but they still have them as options. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
✟776,245.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Wales is cool, I did a summer abroad in the Cardiff metro area. I know a little Welsh too.
Hope you had a great time in Cardiff. There are some great coastal excursions around there and the city itself is fun with lots to do there!

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
✟776,245.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Well some kind of beaches aren't meant for swimming anyways and yeah I took swimming lessons as a child but like you I am simply just average. That's why I'm glad to have on a life preserver whenever I go out on a boat,.. and that relates to this topic because at my beach people have boats, canoes, and kayak's. Never been out on a kayak before though and I haven't been at my beach but they still have them as options. :)
I think my idea of boating is going out into the bay and having a gentle afternoon doing a bit of mackerel fishing. Nothing too strenuous or energetic!

Upvote 0

April_Rose

Jul 4, 2020
Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
I think my idea of boating is going out into the bay and having a gentle afternoon doing a bit of mackerel fishing. Nothing too strenuous or energetic!

Well anyways, was the beach in your video even swimmable?

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
✟776,245.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Well anyways, was the beach in your video even swimmable?
Some parts of it yes. But the dangerous part is at the end of the beach near the estuary where there are fast tides. But on the quieter stretch there were a few people swimming, surfing and taking out small craft.

Upvote 0