England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Our LORD Jesus cried out many loud prayers from the cross,'Father,forgive them for they know not what they do!'etc. We can be sure that He prayed many silent prayers too! Hulleluyah! What a Saviour!

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Jesus cried out on the cross,'My God,why have you forsaken me?' All our sins were laid on Him and He suffered,bled and died in our place. It was as if His Father had abandoned Him,but it was all in the plan of God for our salvation. Hulleluyah! What a Saviour!

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟988,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Could it not be the Father considers all forms of communication as prayer? I am under the impression many don't think so. But from the loud “words” to the very faint “intents of the heart”, if you can be judged and discerned throughout this range of man’s condition, then you surely ought to be able to pray from these as well. What I think I am confident in saying here is that with time, you can hear your thought of words.

We can be sure that He prayed many silent prayers too!

Yes, take for instance a phrase with a fairly recognizable high / low resonance such as,

‘Have mercy on me, oh Lord.’

Not necessarily coaching here, but wonder, where throughout this range is it not prayer?

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟988,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I was thinking really of our personal prayer life.
In a day when unseen intrusions, monitorings, spyings are commonplace, what becomes of our response of taking heed to Jesus instruction to what the Father alone sees? What am I setting out to detail?, exactly what we have no control over except the powers in the heavenlies that gives rise to ideologies thereby gives rise to earthly accusors (Daniel 6:4-14).

Several here have confirmed silence. For the child to resign to communing with his heart alone before God in such a day is not, does not fix itself on disobedience, rather, patience and sensitivity and mastery of self-control.

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟988,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Hi. I for one do, but try to stay real-time led rather than following the prescribed order.

But it is well above a valid concern, "tongues". Of course, and in a worst-case scenario, that "sign" to unbelieving servellance then comes under the scope of possibilities; as far as His instruction can impact without resistance - secrecy, have we then come to the end of it where 'no man can work'?

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Wondering do you pray in tongues aloud (in appropriate places of course)?

I once sang the Psalms in tongues, but i do not pray or speak in tongues generally.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟988,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
When you pray - pray!
To some, those who do succeed, to others who don't pray openly claim progress for themselves. In Ephesians 6:18 there is found one of the few times when it is "all" counted acceptable.

Upvote 0

Gabriel Anton

Exitus Acta Probat Acta Non Verba Deus Vult 11:18
May 19, 2016
Oz
✟89,091.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
#6 - Bookmark.

Screen Shot 2017-07-23 at 18.43.18.png Screen Shot 2017-07-23 at 18.43.34.png

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums