✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
yes, if I am alone...
especially when I read the Bible as it seems to be great to speak out the Word of God.

Praying out loud stops your mind wandering, it brings a reality to your prayers...

images

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟987,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Good question,

Clearly, we are put to the task of considering, or should. In distant times, I have heard from the pulpit to incorporate your heavenly language also verbally. Using the language, or silent thought prayer, would keep our foe off-track. IMO, while the Lord knows where Satan resides in our proximity, and whether or not that is a factor, we should also include request for His unseen helpers from the parameter, to the gate, to the court, to the altar, declare God’s blessing,

“Are not all angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation?” (Heb 1:14)​

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I often pray aloud. It seems so natural to talk to God as I would to my wife or closest friend. It helps me to pray aloud,even though it is often quietly so that others are not disturbed. I also reflect and pray silently. I love to read the Word of God audibly,but can also read it silently in my mind,if there is nothing else to distract me. However we pray it is important that we pray and communicate with God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've never given it much thought, but I have given it some, and thinking about it now, I guess the reason I don't talk to God out loud is because he doesn't talk to me out loud.

It's biblical he knows my thoughts so, why not meet him on that level? Praying out loud in public, I seem to recall, is not a good idea, or were the Pharisees doing something more to make their public prayer not a good thing? I don't remember. Also, prying out loud by ones self, is neither biblical or non biblical that I know of.

I should add to my last post that as a general rule and nearly 100% of the time I don't pray out loud but I do catch myself uttering a sentence or two here and there, but rarely.

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I've never given it much thought, but I have given it some, and thinking about it now, I guess the reason I don't talk to God out loud is because he doesn't talk to me out loud.

It's biblical he knows my thoughts so, why not meet him on that level? Praying out loud in public, I seem to recall, is not a good idea, or were the Pharisees doing something more to make their public prayer not a good thing? I don't remember. Also, prying out loud by ones self, is neither biblical or non biblical that I know of.

I should add to my last post that as a general rule and nearly 100% of the time I don't pray out loud but I do catch myself uttering a sentence or two here and there, but rarely.
Thanks 'kenny'. I was thinking really of our personal prayer life. I agree that we should not pray to impress others,but to communicate with God when we are on our own.Good also to pray with others,sometimes aloud,sometimes silently. Exciting stuff!

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thanks 'kenny'. I was thinking really of our personal prayer life. I agree that we should not pray to impress others,but to communicate with God when we are on our own.Good also to pray with others,sometimes aloud,sometimes silently. Exciting stuff!

I understand. I guess I figured I'd cover it all as means to invite input on if one or the other is really required or not.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
In your prayer times alone,do you pray out aloud?

I pray silently and my best prayers are without words at all.

Charles Templeton wrote "Our real prayers are not what we say while on our knees --- the facile words whispered during a prayer. They are the aspirations, attitudes, and desires that motivate our daily lives. It is easy to prime the pump and have the words gush forth in a torrent of pious phrases but the proof of what we really want, regardless of what we say we want, is evident in the way we live."

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I pray silently and my best prayers are without words at all.

Charles Templeton wrote "Our real prayers are not what we say while on our knees --- the facile words whispered during a prayer. They are the aspirations, attitudes, and desires that motivate our daily lives. It is easy to prime the pump and have the words gush forth in a torrent of pious phrases but the proof of what we really want, regardless of what we say we want, is evident in the way we live."
Thanks 'Jack'. God bless.

• Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0