Do you practice the laws of the Sabbath?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
@lovesGodsword
I don't want to debate with you and your beliefs. You shouldn't use mine or anyone else's threads for your own soap box. I asked you not to bring up your Saturday belief as there are hundreds of threads about it and this is just to hear what others think is necessary to practice on the Sabbath concerning the OT's direction.
You can't use Saturday without Sabbath or Sabbath without Saturday, its like taking God out of the Bible.

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟352,835.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The Sabbath is a blessing that God made from the beginning Genesis 2:3.

The Sabbath is a sign between God and His people Exodus 31:12-17 12 And the Lord spoke to Moses, saying, 13 “Speak also to the children of Israel, saying: ‘Surely My Sabbaths you shall keep, for it is a sign between Me and you throughout your generations, that you may know that I am the Lord who sanctifies you. 14 You shall keep the Sabbath, therefore, for it is holy to you. Everyone who profanes it shall surely be put to death; for whoever does any work on it, that person shall be cut off from among his people. 15 Work shall be done for six days, but the seventh is the Sabbath of rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death. 16 Therefore the children of Israel shall keep the Sabbath, to observe the Sabbath throughout their generations as a perpetual covenant.

And a sign of sanctification Ezekiel20:12 Moreover I also gave them My Sabbaths, to be a sign between them and Me, that they might know that I am the Lord who sanctifies them

The Bible tells us how to enjoy the Sabbath:

Isaiah 58: 13,14 “If you turn away your foot from the Sabbath,
From doing your pleasure on My holy day,
And call the Sabbath a delight,
The holy day of the Lord honorable,
And shall honor Him, not doing your own ways,
Nor finding your own pleasure,
Nor speaking your own words,
14 Then you shall delight yourself in the Lord;
And I will cause you to ride on the high hills of the earth,
And feed you with the heritage of Jacob your father.
The mouth of the Lord has spoken.”

Mathew 12:11 Then He said to them, “What man is there among you who has one sheep, and if it falls into a pit on the Sabbath, will not lay hold of it and lift it out? 12 Of how much more value then is a man than a sheep? Therefore it is lawful to do good on the Sabbath.” 13 Then He said to the man, “Stretch out your hand.” And he stretched it out, and it was restored as whole as the other.

Sabbath will be kept on the New Earth (God is consistent about His chosen day).

Isaiah 66:23
And it shall come to pass
That from one New Moon to another,
And from one Sabbath to another,
All flesh shall come to worship before Me,” says the Lord.

God tells us the importance of knowing Him. Sabbath is 24 hours out of the week that should be dedicated to spending time with God by praying, going to church, reading the bible, bible studies, taking nature walks, doing good to help others and resting. It's His very special day and God wants it to be a blessing for us and should not be burdensome.

God bless
Thank you for your post

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟352,835.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
You can't use Saturday without Sabbath or Sabbath without Saturday, its like taking God out of the Bible.
We all very seldom agree on everything. To me it is not obvious that Saturday is the Sabbath. We will have to agree to disagree and this is a huge topic on its own. If you wish to debate the day, start your own thread, thank you.

Upvote 0

pasifika

Apr 1, 2019
Waikato
✟163,716.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Saturday is the seventh day of the week, always has always will be.

This is not words of the SDA. God spoke and wrote them thousands of years before the SDA church formed:

Exodus
20:8 “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. 11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.
How can an unholy thing (sinner) being able to keep the Sabbath of the Lord holy?

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
We all very seldom agree on everything. To me it is not obvious that Saturday is the Sabbath. We will have to agree to disagree and this is a huge topic on its own. If you wish to debate the day, start your own thread, thank you.
What day do you think the seventh day is than? I would think its important to know since God was so specific about keeping His Holy day.

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟352,835.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Your beliefs are yours and mine are mine. I am not trying to convince you of mine. I only want to know what of the Sabbath laws in the OT do you practice on your Sabbath excluding the actual day you believe the Sabbath day to be.. If you don't like my beliefs in it then go to another topic. You should know by now that trying to force others to your beliefs only turns them away and the sda's will not allow for others beliefs concerning the actual day.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟352,835.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Saturday is the seventh day of the week, always has always will be.

This is not words of the SDA. God spoke and wrote them thousands of years before the SDA church formed:

Exodus
20:8 “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. 11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.
Gods time has never been our time. His day, minute, hour is not what we practice. No one knows his true time table and as I said to the other sda person, no where in the bible does it use the word Saturday
I will ask that this be shut down if that is what you two are intent on turning it into. your own soapbox

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟376,206.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Gods time has never been our time. His day, minute, hour is not what we practice. No one knows his true time table and as I said to the other sda person, no where in the bible does it use the word Saturday
I will ask that this be shut down if that is what you two are intent on turning it into. your own soapbox
So what is this your soapbox?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

You can't throw something like this out there and not expect a response. God is not a God of confusion. God would not ask us to keep a specific day Holy and than not tell us which that day is. Especially when He repeatedly tells us the importance of obedience.

Go to your Bible and start on page one. God numbers the days. 1-6 are days God worked. The seventh day is the day God stopped working and Blessed and Sanctified it. Nothing has changed.

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟352,835.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
You can't throw something like this out there and not expect a response. God is not a God of confusion. God would not ask us to keep a specific day Holy and than not tell us which that day is. Especially when He repeatedly tells us the importance of obedience.

Go to your Bible and start on page one. God numbers the days. 1-6 are days God worked. The seventh day is the day God stopped working and Blessed and Sanctified it. Nothing has changed.
I asked that it not be discussed because it is too big a topic and there are already hundreds on the subject.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟352,835.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
So what this is your soapbox?
It is not my soapbox. I asked a question and others would like to turn it into their thread so I will have it shut down.
Disruptive is what they are known as and that is sad especially on others Sabbath day. No respect.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,460.00
Country
United States
Faith