• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Do you play World of Warcraft?

Discussion in 'Gamers Zone' started by DuglasHoliday, Aug 22, 2019.

1. DuglasHoliday

DuglasHoliday New Member

+11
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Private
    UK-Greens
    I'm interested in your opinion about this game. The game is pretty tough for me, but I don't see anything wrong with it. On the contrary, I think it teaches players to be together, to be united.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Nithavela

Nithavela confused

+10,656
    Germany
    Other Religion
    Single
    I played WoW for a long time, but stopped because it started to feel more and more like a chore. Also, the monthly subscription fee made me feel obligated to play, which in turn increased my stress. And as a kicker, having to buy all expansions quickly got very pricey.

Maybe I'll play the WoW Vanilla for nostalgia sake. I'm not sure yet.

3. DuglasHoliday

DuglasHoliday New Member

+11
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Private
    UK-Greens
    I started playing this game about a month ago. I heard that soon will some WoW Classic. I think you need to see this.

4. High Fidelity

High Fidelity Well-Known Member Supporter

+7,644
    United Kingdom
    Baptist
    Private
    Played it for years from release. Great game.

I won't be going back to play Classic, though. Been there, done that. It will die within a year when people realise nostalgia isn't all it's cut out to be when they start losing XP when dying, have to grind gold for weeks just to afford riding training and a 60% movement speed mount etc.

Not to mention information and addons are so much more prevalent now than they were and the whole reason they removed 40-man raids and downgraded to 25 was because 25 was enough and 15 people could be terrible. So the content won't be all that great.

5. Nithavela

Nithavela confused

+10,656
    Germany
    Other Religion
    Single
    Yeah, that's what I meant.
    I truly don't know if I "need" to see it. WoW Classic had a lot of problems, too.

6. Nithavela

Nithavela confused

+10,656
    Germany
    Other Religion
    Single
    Personally I think that with WotLK, the game really hit its stride.

7. JCFantasy23

JCFantasy23 In a Kingdom by the Sea. Staff Member Administrator Supporter CF Senior Ambassador Angels Team

+5,813
    United States
    Methodist
    Single
    US-Others
    I used to play it and there isn't anything quite like it, so sometimes I miss it.

I don't like monthly fees when they can be avoided, and when I took a break from it, my account was hacked. That was fixed, but then it seemed to be hacked again and when I tried to call Blizzard couldn't get a response. This was years ago, but I refuse to start with another account and new content, so I had to wave goodbye to the game.

8. timewerx

timewerx the village i--o--t--

+4,459
    Christian Seeker
    Single
    I used to play it from Burning Crusade and then moved to FREE private servers and played until Legion expansion, thinking I could play it casually due to 100x experience and loot rates, I was wrong!!!

To be "successful" at this game or perhaps, any MMORPG for that matter is to do the "grind" which takes up a humongous amount of time!! This applies even to free private servers with 100x rates....

The very long "grind" is what can make this game a potential problem as this game is highly addictive. A potential huge waste of time. So unless you have a huge amount of self-discipline to avoid spending too much time with it, this game isn't for you.

This game can actually be played solo from starting a new character to high item levels at max character level with toons that possess good self-sustain (toons that are generally "tanky"/great survivability on their own and can replenish their energy or mana and health during fights without using any "cooldowns").

Apart from PvP arenas, I played this game solo. In the older expansions, I "farmed" my high level equipment from arenas. In Legion, I played solo entirely, including farming the high level items.

Anyway, I've quit this game since Legion. Seems like now it's just waste of time.

9. timewerx

timewerx the village i--o--t--

+4,459
    Christian Seeker
    Single
    I think I agree.

That was the time when "Protection" or "tank" spec is actually viable in PvP including arenas and had great fun since I only played the tank spec. Completed my arena gear rolling as tank in pvp, lol! It was quite viable in WotLK in a sense, you could reliably make top 3 damage in any PvP setting if you play well enough.

MoP was also kind to pvp tanks and had great fun as well. I also completed my arena gear rolling as tank. However it was harder to find an arena mate here as the tank spec is less popular in pvp in this expac.

10. Jangja

Jangja New Member

+10
    United States
    Catholic
    Engaged
    US-Libertarian
    Yeah, I've been playing WoW. If I'm not mistaken it's been about 6 years. Then I started playing with my friends. That was so cool. After 3 years my friends stopped playing. After playing for another month I realized that playing in a single is boring and decided to stop playing it. But a year ago I suggested to my friends to come back into the game. They agreed. But when I went into the game, I realized that my account is empty. Support did not help me and I decided to buy wow arena boosts not to start from the beginning, because my friends had a high level. After buying the boost, I continued to play with my friends at the PvP arena.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
  11. High Fidelity

High Fidelity Well-Known Member Supporter

+7,644
    United Kingdom
    Baptist
    Private
    TBC was my favourite. It was a nice middle-ground between the grindfest of Classic and achievements felt less of an achievement with WoTLK.

12. kittysbecute

kittysbecute Jedi Apprentice

+3,027
    United States
    Protestant
    In Relationship
    US-Republican
    I played it a little bit. Not too far in.
    I will play it again someday perhaps, I just don’t have time at the moment to justify paying a sub to play a game.
    I haven’t had the best experience so far with the multiplayer aspect of it as far as strangers go. But I have had fun playing it with my sister.

13. abysmul

abysmul Board Game Hobbyist

+800
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    I played from pre launch beta and then for years. I've been out for a long while now, but my adult daughter plays and many of my old guild friends (which include real life friends) are playing WoW Classic.

Good game, worth the money if: you have the time, and if you have good people to play with. IMHO

14. FrederickBraun

FrederickBraun New Member

+1
    Australia
    Christian
    Private
    AU-Liberals
    Yeah, I played WoW. Here is recently decided to go on WoW Classic. It was fun.