• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Do you own a TV?

Discussion in 'Singles (Only*)' started by Army of the Lord, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Army of the Lord

Army of the Lord New Member

+11
    United States
    Calvary Chapel
    Celibate
    US-Republican
    Do you own a TV? I find that my iPad fits my need for a TV.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. public hermit

public hermit social troglodyte Supporter

+6,711
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    No. I own books and a computer (of course).

3. Brightmoon

Brightmoon Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.

+5,434
    United States
    Episcopalian
    Single
    US-Others
    No I’ve got too many hobbies. I need to sleep sometimes;)

4. Anthony2019

Anthony2019 Pax et bonum! CF Ambassadors Supporter

+8,857
    United Kingdom
    Anglican
    Single
    I have one TV which is in my living room. It picks up all the terrestrial channels and I have a separate Roku digital box which gives me a good selection of "on demand" films and programmes.

Whenever I watch the telly, I always seem to end up falling asleep, which seems to defeat the purpose of having one.

5. Go Braves

Go Braves I miss Senator McCain

+8,900
    United States
    Catholic
    In Relationship
    US-Republican
    Yep. We've got a few TVs.

6. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) <><

+6,513
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Yes, I do. I pick up whatever channels I can get over the air via an antenna. And it's enough for me. I also own a laptop with a HDMI cable and adapter. So when I want to watch something from my laptop and display it to my big screen, I can do that as well.:oldthumbsup:

Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
  7. Multifavs

Multifavs Knightess Supporter

+8,163
    United States
    Catholic
    Celibate
    My family has two TVs: basically one to watch and one to play video games on. I rarely watch TV anymore, but I do listen to the music channels sometimes.

8. yeshuaslavejeff

yeshuaslavejeff simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua

+10,914
    Anabaptist
    ??
    Really?
    Some people have noted or pointed out that THAT IS THE PURPOSE (of television) - to KEEP THE PEOPLE ASLEEP ! (dull of mind, in a stupor, compliant with the world direction) ....

9. Anthony2019

Anthony2019 Pax et bonum! CF Ambassadors Supporter

+8,857
    United Kingdom
    Anglican
    Single
    To be honest, I do like having a TV - not just for information and news, but as a bit of relaxation. I love period dramas!

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  10. Aldebaran

Aldebaran Star Power!

+7,817
    Non-Denom
    Single
    I have one TV, but no cable. I use an indoor antenna that lets me get 17 channels. I mostly watch the news each morning and evening, and an occasional show later on if there's something interesting, which is an amount decreasing in number.

11. Job3315

Job3315 Well-Known Member

+716
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Yes, but I barely use it because, just like you, my iPad fits my need for a TV.

12. Aldebaran

Aldebaran Star Power!

+7,817
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Doesn't watching a small screen for long periods put a strain on your eyes?
    I have a laptop with a 15" screen, but I prefer my 43" TV for watching TV shows.

13. Job3315

Job3315 Well-Known Member

+716
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    No, but I do lower the resolution if I use it for long periods of time. I like that I can multitask while using the iPad.

14. Lost4words

Lost4words Jesus I Trust In You Supporter

+8,496
    United Kingdom
    Catholic
    Single
    No, but, i will get one to game on and watch movies (if my owner agrees).

15. Army of the Lord

+11
    United States
    Calvary Chapel
    Celibate
    US-Republican
    Aldebaran, I limit my time on it to reduce eye strain.

16. JustSomeBloke

JustSomeBloke Well-Known Member Supporter

+744
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
    No. I don't watch TV, so no need to own a TV. Too many other interests and hobbies to keep me occupied. And I find TV rather boring. Watching TV is usually an activity that is far too passive to hold my attention.

Yep. TV is probably the most powerful propaganda and social engineering tool available. For the main part, I don't think it does much to encourage critical thinking. It's a great way for anyone who doesn't like Christianity to bombard Christians who watch TV with worldly, liberal standards, ethics, morals, and values.

17. yeshuaslavejeff

yeshuaslavejeff simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua

+10,914
    Anabaptist
    Yes... and to make sales of things people do not need, and would not get if they knew the truth about them!
    And to publish/broadcast a lie, but call it the truth..... (broadcast a lie often enough, and people often start to believe it is true... (since before 1950 this has been demonstrated with consumable products and with medicines) .....) I used to challenge people to try to find one commercial that did not lie..... few could be found.... or very few....

18. RileyG

RileyG Veteran

+426
    United States
    Catholic
    Celibate
    US-Republican
    Yes.

19. Sif

Sif .

+1,071
    United States
    Other Religion
    Private
    I only have a TV screen to watch DVD/Blu-Ray movies on. I haven't watched any TV shows in years. I have watched some series on disc such as Breaking Bad, Vikings, Rome, Band of Brothers, etc.

20. Army of the Lord

+11
    United States
    Calvary Chapel
    Celibate
    US-Republican
    I find music more entertaining anyway.