Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟775,645.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
I have one TV which is in my living room. It picks up all the terrestrial channels and I have a separate Roku digital box which gives me a good selection of "on demand" films and programmes.

Whenever I watch the telly, I always seem to end up falling asleep, which seems to defeat the purpose of having one.

Upvote 0
Feb 2, 2016
Chattanooga, TN USA
Visit site
✟246,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, I do. I pick up whatever channels I can get over the air via an antenna. And it's enough for me. I also own a laptop with a HDMI cable and adapter. So when I want to watch something from my laptop and display it to my big screen, I can do that as well.:oldthumbsup:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Whenever I watch the telly, I always seem to end up falling asleep, which seems to defeat the purpose of having one.
??
Really?
Some people have noted or pointed out that THAT IS THE PURPOSE (of television) - to KEEP THE PEOPLE ASLEEP ! (dull of mind, in a stupor, compliant with the world direction) ....

• Winner
Reactions: JustSomeBloke
Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟775,645.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
??
Really?
Some people have noted or pointed out that THAT IS THE PURPOSE (of television) - to KEEP THE PEOPLE ASLEEP ! (dull of mind, in a stupor, compliant with the world direction) ....
To be honest, I do like having a TV - not just for information and news, but as a bit of relaxation. I love period dramas!

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟650,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I have one TV, but no cable. I use an indoor antenna that lets me get 17 channels. I mostly watch the news each morning and evening, and an occasional show later on if there's something interesting, which is an amount decreasing in number.

Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟650,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Yes, but I barely use it because, just like you, my iPad fits my need for a TV.

Doesn't watching a small screen for long periods put a strain on your eyes?
I have a laptop with a 15" screen, but I prefer my 43" TV for watching TV shows.

Upvote 0

Job3315

Apr 21, 2018
United States
✟89,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Doesn't watching a small screen for long periods put a strain on your eyes?
I have a laptop with a 15" screen, but I prefer my 43" TV for watching TV shows.
No, but I do lower the resolution if I use it for long periods of time. I like that I can multitask while using the iPad.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JustSomeBloke

Unacceptable Fringe Minority
Site Supporter
Sep 10, 2018
My Home
✟177,126.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No. I don't watch TV, so no need to own a TV. Too many other interests and hobbies to keep me occupied. And I find TV rather boring. Watching TV is usually an activity that is far too passive to hold my attention.

??
Really?
Yep. TV is probably the most powerful propaganda and social engineering tool available. For the main part, I don't think it does much to encourage critical thinking. It's a great way for anyone who doesn't like Christianity to bombard Christians who watch TV with worldly, liberal standards, ethics, morals, and values.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Yep. TV is probably the most powerful propaganda and social engineering tool available. For the main part, I don't think it does much to encourage critical thinking. It's a great way for anyone who doesn't like Christianity to bombard Christians who watch TV with worldly, liberal standards, ethics, morals, and values.
Yes... and to make sales of things people do not need, and would not get if they knew the truth about them!
And to publish/broadcast a lie, but call it the truth..... (broadcast a lie often enough, and people often start to believe it is true... (since before 1950 this has been demonstrated with consumable products and with medicines) .....) I used to challenge people to try to find one commercial that did not lie..... few could be found.... or very few....

Upvote 0