Do you make a point of listening to Jesus' voice or is this just a mere option?

Leonardo von Dolinger

May 28, 2021
UBERLÂNDIA
✟207,924.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Do you make a point of listening to Jesus' voice or is this just a mere option?

See below how much joy take hold of people who were reached by Jesus’ boons:

• Isa 35:6 -> “then shall the lame man leap like a deer, and the tongue of the mute sing for joy. For waters break forth in the wilderness, and streams in the desert;”.
• Act 3:7,8 -> “And he took him by the right hand and raised him up, and immediately his feet and ankles were made strong. And leaping up, he stood and began to walk, and entered the temple with them, walking and leaping and praising God.”.
• Act 14:10 -> “said in a loud voice, “Stand upright on your feet.” And he sprang up and began walking.”.

You can argue: but this is happening because the person was lame and became healthy. Nevertheless, see what Jesus enjoined us, even in bad moments:

• Luk 6:22,23 -> “Blessed are you when people hate you and when they exclude you and revile you and spurn your name as evil, on account of the Son of Man! Rejoice in that day, and leap for joy, for behold, your reward is great in heaven; for so their fathers did to the prophets.”.

Until the unanimated things are invited to find gaiety in virtue of Jesus’ working. And they response well for this:

• Isa 44:23 -> “Sing, O heavens, for the LORD has done it; shout, O depths of the earth; break forth into singing, O mountains, O forest, and every tree in it! For the LORD has redeemed Jacob, and will be glorified in Israel.”.
• Isa 49:11-13 -> “And I will make all my mountains a road, and my highways shall be raised up. Behold, these shall come from afar, and behold, these from the north and from the west, and these from the land of Syene. Sing for joy, O heavens, and exult, O earth; break forth, O mountains, into singing! For the LORD has comforted his people and will have compassion on his afflicted.”.
• Isa 55:12 -> “For you shall go out in joy and be led forth in peace; the mountains and the hills before you shall break forth into singing, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands.”.

Indeed, Jesus’ voice should be the most delectation thing for us:

• Joh 3:29 -> “He who has the bride is the bridegroom, but the friend of the bridegroom who stands and hears him rejoices greatly because of the bridegroom's voice. Then my joy is fulfilled.”.

But the question is: have we prepared the way for Jesus in our life?

• Isa 40:3 -> “A voice cries: “In the wilderness prepare the way of the LORD; make straight in the desert a highway for our God. Every valley shall be lifted up, and every mountain and hill be made low; the uneven ground shall become level, and the rough places a plain.”.

Are we very entangled in the riches, delights, the cares of this life and other ambitions (Luke 8:14; Mark 4:19), or are we ready to open our lives to Jesus (Luke 12:35-40)?

• Rev 3:20 -> “Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me.”.

Do we pine for being intimate with Jesus to the point of recognize His voice, or we are satisfied with knowing Him only shallowly, at distance?

• Joh 10:4,5 -> “When he has brought out all his own, he goes before them, and the sheep follow him, for they know his voice. A stranger they will not follow, but they will flee from him, for they do not know the voice of strangers.”.
• Joh 10:27 -> “My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me.”.

So, have a grandiose day making of Jesus’ voice your relish. Seek out hearing His voice!