East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God asked me that question on April 2, 2016 when His presence was so powerful in my bedroom that morning, and when He asked me that, Oh the grief I felt in my heart, my heart broke into a million pieces, all I could do was cry and say Father, there is NO way I could EVER love you enough. I will remember His voice til the day I die and the grief I felt in my heart that I did not love Him enough. Will never forget it, ever.

Upvote 0

GBRK

Site Rookie
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2011
Alabama
✟49,777.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That's the question I asked myself at Church today. As the priest read the Bible" If you love me, you will keep my Commandments."
Obviously I don't . Otherwise I'd be trying harder to keep His commandments.
I don't know about other people, but I am going to work on this one. With His help of course. :)

I would suggest that your "works" or your acts, while living in the fleshly body we/you are in have more to do with you being in the flesh, in a sinful body with a sinful nature, than it is tied to your love for God or I would hope that would be the case. Those disciples/apostles who walked with Christ, during His earthly ministry were directed by Christ personally and He ministered unto them yet they still sinned. When Christ, knowing he would soon depart them, in John 14, spoke about the promise of the coming Holy Spirit (of God) He did so to let them know that He (God, whether God the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit) would continue to be with them to minister unto them.

WE, as Christians (If indeed you/we/whoever is reading, is a Christian) have God's gift of His Holy Spirit literally dwelling within our mortal bodies along with, and besides, our inner soul/spirit. Our acts and actions while in our physical bodies are affected and directed by that which we allow to rule our bodies whether it is "THE FLESH" or "THE SPIRIT (Holy Spirit). Consider Galatians 5:17-25 as far as the way we live our lives and what we do and consider that our fleshly bodies are sinful yet we have a way to overcome that. Actually I would read the whole chapter 5 of Galatians and contemplate that. We are free in Christ but often our lives we live reflect our spiritual condition and can reveal unto us just whom we are allowing to rule in our lives whether it's the flesh or God's Holy Spirit (if we are indeed Saved, having God's Spirit within as our inner Spiritual Minister).

As for the Church you attend I would only say to consider which you find more Spiritually beneficial for you. Catholic Churches and worship services are far more structured and rigid than what you will find in most Protestant Churches but there are also vast differences in Church Doctrine and even Dogma between the Catholic Church and a Protestant Church. What is important to realize is (my own opinion and what I believe Scripture teaches) that our Salvation isn't dependent upon the Church we attend but rather our own personal faith in Christ and His Sacrifice for us and our sins and our acceptance of that, believing in Christ. From Church we can gain maturity, worship our God/Christ, and also enjoy fellowship with like minded believers for our own benefit as being around other Christians. I also believe that God's Spirit (the Holy Spirit) will give us peace about where God wants us to be and what Church is more beneficial for us and our Spiritual Growth. The important thing is to find a Church that God's Spirit is alive and working in. At least that's my thoughts or some of them.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
I would suggest that your "works" or your acts, while living in the fleshly body we/you are in have more to do with you being in the flesh, in a sinful body with a sinful nature, than it is tied to your love for God or I would hope that would be the case.
1 John 5:3 In fact, this is love for God: to keep his commands.

Upvote 0

PeaceJoyLove

Apr 9, 2017
Nova Scotia
✟66,922.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
A.W. Tozer knew what it truly meant to love God and what that life is like...and sums it up succinctly in this writing.

The loneliness of the Christian results from his walk with God in an ungodly world, a walk that must often take him away from the fellowship of good Christians as well as from that of the unregenerate world. His God-given instincts cry out for companionship with others of his kind, others who can understand his longings, his aspirations, his absorption in the love of Christ; and because within his circle of friends there are so few who share his inner experiences he is forced to walk alone.

The unsatisfied longings of the prophets for human understanding caused them to cry out in their complaint, and even our Lord Himself suffered in the same way.

The man [or woman] who has passed on into the divine Presence in actual inner experience will not find many who understand him. He finds few who care to talk about that which is the supreme object of his interest, so he is often silent and preoccupied in the midst of noisy religious shoptalk. For this he earns the reputation of being dull and over-serious, so he is avoided and the gulf between him and society widens.

He searches for friends upon whose garments he can detect the smell of myrrh and aloes and cassia out of the ivory palaces, and finding few or none he, like Mary of old, keeps these things in his heart.

It is this very loneliness that throws him back upon God. His inability to find human companionship drives him to seek in God what he can find nowhere else

A. W. Tozer

Upvote 0

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
A.W. Tozer knew what it truly meant to love God and what that life is like...and sums it up succinctly in this writing.

The loneliness of the Christian results from his walk with God in an ungodly world, a walk that must often take him away from the fellowship of good Christians as well as from that of the unregenerate world. His God-given instincts cry out for companionship with others of his kind, others who can understand his longings, his aspirations, his absorption in the love of Christ; and because within his circle of friends there are so few who share his inner experiences he is forced to walk alone.

The unsatisfied longings of the prophets for human understanding caused them to cry out in their complaint, and even our Lord Himself suffered in the same way.

The man [or woman] who has passed on into the divine Presence in actual inner experience will not find many who understand him. He finds few who care to talk about that which is the supreme object of his interest, so he is often silent and preoccupied in the midst of noisy religious shoptalk. For this he earns the reputation of being dull and over-serious, so he is avoided and the gulf between him and society widens.

He searches for friends upon whose garments he can detect the smell of myrrh and aloes and cassia out of the ivory palaces, and finding few or none he, like Mary of old, keeps these things in his heart.

It is this very loneliness that throws him back upon God. His inability to find human companionship drives him to seek in God what he can find nowhere else

A. W. Tozer
So that's why I'm lonely and don't get on with my fellow man. :)

Upvote 0