Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
That's the question I asked myself at Church today. As the priest read the Bible" If you love me, you will keep my Commandments."
Obviously I don't . Otherwise I'd be trying harder to keep His commandments.
I don't know about other people, but I am going to work on this one. With His help of course. :)

WilliamBo

Site Supporter
Nov 2, 2016
East coast USA
✟164,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In my head I feel I love God but I don't obey every commandment (yet). This is why I pray LORD PLEASE HELP ME LOVE YOU MORE. An apathetic hardened heart is what God hates. We must pray against every weakness. Sometimes I am jealous of pastors kids because I didn't get to have a Christian childhood like that but I pray against it because it's a weakness.

When I feel like I don't love God with everything, it scares me so I run to God in prayer and tell Him exactly how weak I am

Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Eh, anyone who claims they love God enough and keep his commandments is in sin since its lies. We will never be so perfect that we could 100% love God fully 100% of the time. Its not because we don't want to, but because we are flawed and sinful by nature. Same goes for the commandments. No one 100% lives them.

Now this doesn't give us an excuse not to love Him 100% or not to do the commandments. But it does mean we should always try the best we can. Because even God knows we are weak. If Jesus was tempted to sin (and never did sin) then we pretty much have no chance of being exactly like Jesus. I'm just thankful God is always so forgiving, always giving us chances, always loving us.... even when we hit rock bottom and curse His name in anger or sadness. Our God is an awesome God!

Upvote 0

PKFox

Child of God
Apr 24, 2017
Michigan
✟20,186.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I feel like none of us can love God "enough". That's where God's grace comes in.
However, we should do our best for God, but I know that I mess up in my life and don't always follow His commands, just like everyone else.

Upvote 0

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That's the question I asked myself at Church today. As the priest read the Bible" If you love me, you will keep my Commandments."
I don't know about other people, but I am going to work on this one. With His help of course. :)
Love the Lord your God and your neighbor as yourself. That completes the law, the prophets, the commandments. When that kicks into place, all else falls in line. I rejoice over your post. Profound!

Upvote 0

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
In my head I feel I love God but I don't obey every commandment (yet). This is why I pray LORD PLEASE HELP ME LOVE YOU MORE. An apathetic hardened heart is what God hates. We must pray against every weakness. Sometimes I am jealous of pastors kids because I didn't get to have a Christian childhood like that but I pray against it because it's a weakness.

When I feel like I don't love God with everything, it scares me so I run to God in prayer and tell Him exactly how weak I am
Sounds like you are on the right track to me. You are doing well. I think we all need encouragement and you deserve it too.

Upvote 0

DeerGlow

User Gifted Supporter Status by Someone Else
Site Supporter
Oct 5, 2016
Texas
✟86,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
The hymn of my childhood:
"oh make us love You more and more
oh make us love You, more and more"
I realised the other day I can't remember Jesus loves me. "Jesus loves me this I know, for the bible tells me so. Little lamb~~~" I think is what I know.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I realised the other day I can't remember Jesus loves me. "Jesus loves me this I know, for the bible tells me so. Little lamb~~~" I think is what I know.
little ones to him belong, they are weak but he is strong. (love that song)

Reactions: PeaceJoyLove
Upvote 0

PKFox

Child of God
Apr 24, 2017
Michigan
✟20,186.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That was the song we would sing to my little brother every night when he went to bed. My family had motions for the whole thing too :).

Jesus loves me this I know, for the Bible tells me so. Little ones to Him belong, they are weak but He is strong.

Upvote 0

Tangible

Decision Theology = Ex Opere Operato
May 29, 2009
cruce tectum
Visit site
✟59,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I wonder when we love a piece of beautiful music or just see the awesomeness of our pet dog for instance, are we loving God then?
Romans 1:25
They gave up the truth about God for a lie, and they worshiped God’s creation instead of God, who will be praised forever. Amen.

Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0

DeerGlow

User Gifted Supporter Status by Someone Else
Site Supporter
Oct 5, 2016
Texas
✟86,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Romans 1:25
They gave up the truth about God for a lie, and they worshiped God’s creation instead of God, who will be praised forever. Amen.

I guess it depends are we like "oh my dog is the smartest and has the best coat" or like "wow there was nothing and God is so smart and creative He made this."

• Friendly
Reactions: HeLeadethMe
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

archer75

Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Good question. Apparently, I don't.

To me, those chapters of John are among the most powerful in the whole NT. When I read them, I feel like I can feel the initial "energy" of that talk that vibrates through the apostles and their spiritual descendants. All the way down the centuries.

Upvote 0

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟189,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

It's a trick... you can't keep God's commands. If that were possible then Jesus wouldn't have needed to die on the cross. The Law would have been enough. But scriptures state the weakness of the Law was that no body could keep it!

Soooo what about all this obey stuff?

The life we are told to live is predicated upon living by the Spirit's guidance! Jesus when speaking for the last time to the disciples in John 14-16 starts, reinforces, and ends that most precious lesson hammering the disciples with the TRUTH that they would not only receive the Spirit, but it would be the Spirit that gives them power to obey.

So when we say... I just need to obey God's commands more, we need to readjust our focus.

I am CRUCIFIED with Christ - my flesh, my past life, my striving to do it on my own.

Therefore, I no longer live - that part of me is dead! Never to live again!

Jesus now lives in me - This is the power of the Christian life and its secret... that Christ lives in us and that is what gives us life!

This life I continue to live in the body, I will live BY FAITH in the Son of God - I will not strive to do it in my own strength, but I will trust Christ who lives in me to do it!

Jesus:

I AM the vine, you are the branches.... anyone who abides (remains) in me will bear much fruit!

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married

Become a Protestant. Problem solved. :)

We understand that you cannot love God, or obey His commandments, which is the very reason Christ lived a perfect life and died a sinner's death on our behalf.

The Law, which Jesus was preaching, was intended to show one's weakness and inability - our spiritual poverty. We are only, "rich" "in Him" through faith - by grace.

Upvote 0

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Become a Protestant. Problem solved. :)
Well my brother did and I like certain aspects of Protestant Churches I have visited. There is good fellowship. Sermons are often vibrant, well-prepared and easy to relate to.
Call me OCD, but the Jesusless cross bothered me.Its just how I have been raised.
Interestingly my parish priest shows us YouTube videos at the end of Mass. Just a couple of minutes. Recently he has been using material from the Mormons. Excellent productions and presentations.

Upvote 0