Do You Lose Your Reward From God If You Take Money??.....

Tim Myers

Mar 26, 2011
✟2,382.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I had a question....and I am not sure if there is any solid answer to it......

If someone does work for another person and they do that work in the Name of Christ in order to be a blessing....

If the one whom they do the work for offers them money for their work and they take it....

Do they lose their reward from God for doing the work because they took the money??

KrimsonDraegon

Jan 17, 2005
Earth
✟9,196.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
A man is washed overboard and is left to drown in the sea. He looks up to the Heavens and prays, "God! Please! Help me! Do not let your humble servant drown out here!"

About an hour later a boat happens along and they offer the man assistance. The man scoffs, "No thank you! God is going to help me!" The captain of the boat persists, yet the man is insistant. "No, no no! I don't need your help, I need God's help!" The captain of the boat orders it along as the man prays to the Heavens once again.

About thirty minutes later a helicopter flies overhead. They lower a rope and call to the man. The man rolls his eyes and cries, "No thank you! God is going to help me!" After a short insistance the helicopter flies away as the man prays again.

The man finally prays his last as he slips below the waters and drowns, but then turns ecstatic as a glowing figure embraces him and lifts him above the water. The man cries, "I knew God would come to help me! Now I can go hom to my family!" and the angel sadly frowns and says, "No, you are dead, child." The man is incredulous - "But!?!?! Why did God not choose to help me though I prayed?", to the which the angel shook his head, "Did you not receive both a boat and a helicopter?"

This story, though fictitious, is an outstanding example of a man's unwillingness to see blessings for what they are. Sometimes your rewards are not solely metaphysical - sometimes rewards come in the form of blessings you need right now.

You were kind enough to provide for a friend, a neighbor, or - even more commendably, an adversary. Now they are stirred by God's mercy enough to extend a blessing unto you. In Jewish philosophy you are required to accept this blessing lest you insult your friend and deny a blessing from the Almighty.

Further, stop thinking of yourself like the end. That money should not be moving to you when it should be moving through you. I like to think that God thinks of us like His own personal bank. He looks into us and wisely determines the amount He will invest with us. He expects us to use His money, for it is never truly ours, to further His Name and His cause. We expects us to make it work for Him, just like I expect Wachovia to work for me when I invest my money into investments they offer.

So think of this blessing like a deposit - and find some worthy cause to invest it in on God's behalf.

~ Shaeykh

Reactions: addo
Upvote 0

bricklayer

Dec 26, 2009
the rust belt
✟5,120.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
God cannot react to man. Man cannot act upon God.
The difference between our ideas and God's ideas is that we are not the first ones to have our ideas.

To reason in terms of God reacting to you, as to whether you act one way or another, is to blaspheme the Holy Spirit.
To reason in terms of you reacting to God, as to whether you act one way or another is to be lead by the Spirit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I had a question....and I am not sure if there is any solid answer to it......

If someone does work for another person and they do that work in the Name of Christ in order to be a blessing....

If the one whom they do the work for offers them money for their work and they take it....

Do they lose their reward from God for doing the work because they took the money??

in reality all work that we participate in should be in the name of Christ. It matters now how closely it fits our idea of what that work looks like. When we put money over Christ that is when we loose our reward.

Upvote 0

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
God does not require that we do all things for free. It's a thoughtful gesture, but not necessary. Thank the person for being generous -- if they insisted on the money, they probably preferred that you keep it. Some people feel uncomfortable owing someone else, leaving loose ends of obligation -- or power/pride imbalances.

Upvote 0