Do you look at the end credits of movies or skip it?

Juan777

Jun 20, 2022
Toronto
✟20,153.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
In the late 80s, I had a film hobby as a child, and I would borrow reels of 16 mm film, and make my own Super 8 mm film. One ritual of the 16mm film is that I would have to watch the end credits, and wait until the red-tape follows the end reel and then re-wind it.

The 80s had VHS tape and VHS camcorder, but I didn't like the technology at the time even though it was more modern compared to the more expensive films. It's because there was something majestic about setting up the film in the projector, hearing the mechanical sound, rewinding it when finished, the smell of warmed celluloid film as it passes through the projector and knowing you can see individual pictures if you hold up any part of the film against the light.

Fast forward to the streaming age of 2022. Now, I love the modern AV tech (ie even VHS tapes are nostalgic in their own right). However, I find myself looking at the end credits of almost every presentation I look at and wonder if somehow this experience of film as a child has anything to do with that. Its like something that compensates in the age of streaming, of feeling a tangible product by looking at the end credits and feeling it's how it was when I watched films in the past.

Anyone else in the older generations think this way about watching through end credits who had exposure to old-tech? Does having experience with old-tech enhance your appreciation of new-tech in a way someone growing up with new-tech won't ever appreciate?

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I normally flip the smartphone, google the movie name and cast while watching the movie for that.
I thought you were talking about in the theater. I often linger to find out who is who. I also look up on my phone.

Reactions: Juan777
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums