Do you live in Maine? Can you tell me something about it?

B

BlueLioness

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Maine is a great place to visit. Along the coast there is quaint town after town to visit. There are a lot of good places to get lobster along Rt.1 as it goes up the coast. last time I was in Ellsworth I got a lobster dinner for 10 bucks.

If you go inland there are the mtns. I've hiked hundreds of miles thru and over the mtns there. In the fall when the leaves change, end of Sept., its very pretty indeed.

Upvote 0

NewEnglandGirl

Putting on God's Full Armor
Apr 24, 2015
✟15,460.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes, husband and I have lived here 7 months already. We live in central inland Maine as in Augusta-Waterville Area. We are both northern New Englanders. If you want to visit I suggest coming in the June, July, August time frame unless you want fall foliage. Right now we are having a period of weather funk, a low pressure system is stalled over this part of the country and the weather has been cold, cloudy and rainy for some time. This is not expected to lift until next mid week.
I would not recommend to live in Maine for an outsider. New Englanders are standoffish and clannish and we have both found Maine to be right on target. We have lived quite a few other places and Maine has ranked right up in a tie with the other #1 place that we have found we don't like. The weather isn't that great either unless you like being indoors a lot. My advice, visit only. If you want to move here get a job promise FIRST and bring your friends with you. Sorry any Mainers but I am just being honest.

Upvote 0