Only one thing is needful.
Supporter
Jul 8, 2004
✟341,456.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
There is a link on Orthodox Circle's hockey group I belong to, to the story that mentions his conversion a few years ago. He's Czech, which I believe is mostly RC, not Orthodox. I don't know if he was a practicing RC before that, or not. Anyway, he's Orthodox now.

There's another story of some people in the Detroit Red Wings organization being converted to Orthodoxy because of all the Russians that the Red Wings signed back in the 90s. They had their own little Russian Orthodox revival. :)

Mary

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Petronius

May 10, 2005
✟15,842.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
There is a link on Orthodox Circle's hockey group I belong to, to the story that mentions his conversion a few years ago. He's Czech, which I believe is mostly RC, not Orthodox. ..........
Mary

If Czech, it is mostly atheist...

Upvote 0

Ioan cel Nou

Jul 15, 2005
Barnsley, UK
✟16,378.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
If Czech, it is mostly atheist...
Yeah, all of my Czech and Slovak relatives are no more than nominally RC. They never go to church at all except for weddings, baptisms and the like (though they do still bother with baptisms for some reason). I get the feeling that this is a very old attitude there, even from before the communist period. My great grandfather (who was born in 1886) apparently hated RC priests so much that he banned them from entering his property on pain of his setting the dog on them - and he was supposedly an RC himsef.

James

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.