Do you know some great Oregon outdoor adventures?

Truth Lover

Aug 21, 2016
St Louis, MO
✟22,173.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
We are a retired couple. We are planning a fly and drive camping trip for two weeks in western Oregon in September. Other than Mount Hood and Crater Lake National Park, where else is a "must see" place? We know where the forest fires are, so we will avoid them. We will probably spend time on the coast. This is our first time to go there. Any favorites?

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
We are a retired couple. We are planning a fly and drive camping trip for two weeks in western Oregon in September. Other than Mount Hood and Crater Lake National Park, where else is a "must see" place? We know where the forest fires are, so we will avoid them. We will probably spend time on the coast. This is our first time to go there. Any favorites?
I enjoy a night on the ocean at the Windermere in Bandon. There's a little restaurant in the Old Town, called Foley's, that serves a great shepherd's pie. I love the sand dunes just south of Florence and the Oregon Dunes farther down the road. Lincoln City has some neat places on the ocean to stay.

Reactions: Truth Lover
Upvote 0

Truth Lover

Aug 21, 2016
St Louis, MO
✟22,173.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I enjoy a night on the ocean at the Windermere in Bandon. There's a little restaurant in the Old Town, called Foley's, that serves a great shepherd's pie. I love the sand dunes just south of Florence and the Oregon Dunes farther down the road. Lincoln City has some neat places on the ocean to stay.
I would like to see the dunes. The web site says they are closed until September 15 because the sand clovers are nesting. We are going to Waldo Lake near Bend for a weekend. We can't go whitewater rafting due to lack of snow pack now.

Reactions: dreadnought
Upvote 0