Not open for further replies.

cactusj

Jan 15, 2002
Ripley, Mississippi
Visit site
✟202.00
Faith
Christian
Who is the "another man" representive of?

Romans 14
3 Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him.
4 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.
5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

Lynn73

Jesus' lamb
Sep 15, 2003
Visit site
✟15,613.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just what it says. I could be anyone. I don't think it's symbolism. To me, saying "who are you to judge another man's servant" is the same as saying "who are you to judge someone else's servant." It doesn't give specifics as to who this is, could be anyone: a neighbor, fellow church member, co-worker, etc. But this is talking about judgment over non-essentials imho. We most certainly can judge and call a something what God calls it. We know that from other Scriptures. But I digress, that isn't what you asked.

Upvote 0

cactusj

Jan 15, 2002
Ripley, Mississippi
Visit site
✟202.00
Faith
Christian
Would the "another man" in Romans 14:4 be satan?

1 Corinthians 5 KJV
11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolator, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.
12 For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within?
13 But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

1 Corinthians 5 NIV
11But now I am writing you that you must not associate with anyone who calls himself a brother but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or a slanderer, a drunkard or a swindler. With such a man do not even eat.
12What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? 13God will judge those outside. "Expel the wicked man from among you."[1]

Upvote 0

muffler dragon

Ineffable
Apr 7, 2004
✟24,396.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Let's look at the context:

Romans 14

Principles of Conscience

1 Now (1) accept the one who is (2) weak in faith, but not for the purpose of passing judgment on his opinions.
2 (3) One person has faith that he may eat all things, but he who is (4) weak eats vegetables only.
3 The one who eats is not to (5) regard with contempt the one who does not eat, and the one who does not eat is not to (6) judge the one who eats, for God has (7) accepted him.
4 (8) Who are you to judge the servant of another? To his own master he stands or falls; and he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand.

The 'servant' in all these regards is a believer in G-d: a servant of the L-rd.

It is not Satan.

Upvote 0

LynneClomina

Jan 31, 2004
Canada
Visit site
✟17,768.00
Faith
Calvinist
muffler dragon said:
Let's look at the context:

Romans 14

Principles of Conscience

1 Now (1) accept the one who is (2) weak in faith, but not for the purpose of passing judgment on his opinions.
2 (3) One person has faith that he may eat all things, but he who is (4) weak eats vegetables only.
3 The one who eats is not to (5) regard with contempt the one who does not eat, and the one who does not eat is not to (6) judge the one who eats, for God has (7) accepted him.
4 (8) Who are you to judge the servant of another? To his own master he stands or falls; and he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand.

The 'servant' in all these regards is a believer in G-d: a servant of the L-rd.

It is not Satan.
BINGO.

speaking of which... benny hinn, anyone? or any believer who we think is in the wrong?

phillipians 1:15 Some indeed preach Christ even from envy and strife, and some also from good will: 16 The former preach Christ from selfish ambition, not sincerely, supposing to add affliction to my chains; 17 but the latter out of love, knowing that I am appointed for the defense of the gospel. 18 What then? Only that in every way, whether in pretense or in truth, Christ is preached; and in this I rejoice, yes, and will rejoice.

so.....Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.